TRA & non-contactable employer.

Old Apr 9th 2010, 12:49 am
Simply happy in Sydney!

LittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of light
Default TRA & non-contactable employer.

My hubby is in the middle of sorting out paperwork for his TRA. He had an employer back in 2000-2001 who was involved in his pre-registration training who we are unable to contact for a couple of reasons. Firstly, they sacked him for no reason and we went through the process to take them to a tribunal for constructive dismissal (they employed him for three months and then sacked him, on the same day that someone else started his job, having had to give three months notice at his previous employer - they basically used oh as a stop-gap). They settled before it got to a tribunal and he was given a settlement. Secondly, we have absolutely no idea where she is now. We know that neither of the directors still work for the company and that they live in Spain somewhere, so getting them to sign a statement of employment is not going to be possible.

I do have his P45 from the job, but none of his other paperwork. So I can prove that he was employed by them, but nothing else. Can we write a statement of employment, detailing his duties and equipment/tools used etc and sign a statutory declaration outlining why we are unable to contact them?
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

cash money is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TRA & non-contactable employer.

Originally Posted by LittleKittyCat
My hubby is in the middle of sorting out paperwork for his TRA. He had an employer back in 2000-2001 who was involved in his pre-registration training who we are unable to contact for a couple of reasons. Firstly, they sacked him for no reason and we went through the process to take them to a tribunal for constructive dismissal (they employed him for three months and then sacked him, on the same day that someone else started his job, having had to give three months notice at his previous employer - they basically used oh as a stop-gap). They settled before it got to a tribunal and he was given a settlement. Secondly, we have absolutely no idea where she is now. We know that neither of the directors still work for the company and that they live in Spain somewhere, so getting them to sign a statement of employment is not going to be possible.

I do have his P45 from the job, but none of his other paperwork. So I can prove that he was employed by them, but nothing else. Can we write a statement of employment, detailing his duties and equipment/tools used etc and sign a statutory declaration outlining why we are unable to contact them?
A statutory declaration will work just fine.I had an employer who liquidated and i send in a SD everything came out alright.