British Expats

British Expats (
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (
-   -   TRA Help (

york1e Sep 26th 2007 12:25 pm

TRA Help
Hi guys, my agent has told me that tra are no longer assessing u.k. plumbers,
i thought that this was infact only unskilled workers ie removal of the assessment pathway D for those who do not have qualifications.
He told me that i will have to be assessed under vittesses which will cost $2060. I am currently taking exams for my NVQ level 3, surely this will then make me qualified.
Can anyone shed some light on this please many thanks Chris.

paul30 Sep 26th 2007 4:16 pm

Re: TRA Help
I don't think it matters about qualifications as a lot of things changed on 1st of sept. from what I've seen vetasses are now dealing with plumbers check out there website at Hope this helps you

lee28 Sep 26th 2007 6:11 pm

Re: TRA Help

looks like you will have to through a practical assesment in london or glasgow

that page about has everything and it starts on the 1st of october from what ive read.


KelvinandVanessa Sep 26th 2007 8:12 pm

Re: TRA Help
I have been a plumbing since the age of 16,Passed my city and guilds in 1991 following a 4 year apprenticeship and now 36 and i to have to go down this route so it doesn't matter what qualifications you have which is f_____g stupid. It's going to be like going back to tech again. Total Madness.:frown::curse:

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:01 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.