Wikiposts

TRA - Don't Panic!!!

Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:01 am
Just Joined

jedgar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TRA - Don't Panic!!!

I know its easy to say DON'T PANIC when you have passed the TRA assessment but I thought I would share our application experience with you.
We decided to apply on our own without using an agent ( I'm a carpenter) and were worried when reading old posts that people were submitting upto 70 pages when answering question 7 about your job descriptions and while I agree you can never give too much information, we thought we would give a basic outline of the various jobs that I do, keeping it relatively simple.
We typed out about 5 pages for the job descriptions, one page listing all the tools I use and I managed to get 3 job references from old employers and had to sign a stat dec saying I was self employed and get my college certificate and all other copies of documents certified and that was about it.
I'm not trying to pat myself on the back or patronise anyone but all I am saying is try not to fret too much about answering every day of work that you have ever done and giving graphic detail about what you have in your lunchbox every day at work!
Just try and keep a clear head when filling out the forms and most importanty DON'T PANIC!!
Good luck to everyone applying.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Aileen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TRA - Don't Panic!!!

Originally Posted by jedgar
I know its easy to say DON'T PANIC when you have passed the TRA assessment but I thought I would share our application experience with you.
We decided to apply on our own without using an agent ( I'm a carpenter) and were worried when reading old posts that people were submitting upto 70 pages when answering question 7 about your job descriptions and while I agree you can never give too much information, we thought we would give a basic outline of the various jobs that I do, keeping it relatively simple.
We typed out about 5 pages for the job descriptions, one page listing all the tools I use and I managed to get 3 job references from old employers and had to sign a stat dec saying I was self employed and get my college certificate and all other copies of documents certified and that was about it.
I'm not trying to pat myself on the back or patronise anyone but all I am saying is try not to fret too much about answering every day of work that you have ever done and giving graphic detail about what you have in your lunchbox every day at work!
Just try and keep a clear head when filling out the forms and most importanty DON'T PANIC!!
Good luck to everyone applying.
Thanks for that. I'll bear that in mind. I'm a cabinet maker and this evening I spent a half hour describing how to cut finger joints with a jig on a table saw.
Good luck with the rest of your visa
Old Nov 8th 2006, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nice

Aaaaaand relax.
Good point, well put.

Scotty.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:56 am
Just Joined

jedgar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottyboy
Aaaaaand relax.
Good point, well put.

Scotty.

Thanks, just have to get our heads round the Visa application next!!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nice

Originally Posted by jedgar
Thanks, just have to get our heads round the Visa application next!!
Good luck.
I still have to get my head round my TRA. Well, finish it.
Gonna try and stretch it out to six pages.......maybe seven:P

Scotty.