Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Is tra changing,why does it not affect me???

Wikiposts

Is tra changing,why does it not affect me???

Old Jul 25th 2007, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default Is tra changing,why does it not affect me???

I am sure i read that tra changes from 1st sept,but my agents tells me that it does not affect me,why?
I thought it changes from that date but when i mentioned it to him he said if there was anything i needed to know or tell i would be.
I am confused is it just certain tra applications or what and also if this did affect me and it was posted off say a a few weeks to tra before that date is that ok,it would not be sent back saying i was too late.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 1:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is tra changing,why does it not affect me???

Originally Posted by brian.w
I am sure i read that tra changes from 1st sept,but my agents tells me that it does not affect me,why?
I thought it changes from that date but when i mentioned it to him he said if there was anything i needed to know or tell i would be.
I am confused is it just certain tra applications or what and also if this did affect me and it was posted off say a a few weeks to tra before that date is that ok,it would not be sent back saying i was too late.

It won't affect you because you're not in any of the trades the changes apply to. Here's the list from the website:

This new skills assessment service applies only to residents of:
  • India, Sri Lanka, the United Kingdom, South Africa and the Philippines who wish to have their skills assessed for the General Skilled Migration programme in one of the following trade occupations:
    • general electrician
    • general plumber
    • refrigeration and air-conditioning mechanic
    • motor mechanic
    • carpenter and joiner
    • electrical powerline tradesperson
    • cable jointer
    • bricklayer
Old Jul 25th 2007, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wendy
It won't affect you because you're not in any of the trades the changes apply to. Here's the list from the website:

This new skills assessment service applies only to residents of:
  • India, Sri Lanka, the United Kingdom, South Africa and the Philippines who wish to have their skills assessed for the General Skilled Migration programme in one of the following trade occupations:
    • general electrician
    • general plumber
    • refrigeration and air-conditioning mechanic
    • motor mechanic
    • carpenter and joiner
    • electrical powerline tradesperson
    • cable jointer
    • bricklayer
The price goes up though doesnt it? regardless of trade?
Old Jul 25th 2007, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gonnago
The price goes up though doesnt it? regardless of trade?

I don't know if the TRA are putting their fees up or not, there isn't anything about it on their site, so at the minute - no not all trades have to pay the higher fees.

There will be higher fees to those that have the above trades, and have to apply to Vetassess for an assessment. Fees for them are here: http://www.vetassess.com.au/index.cf...=1.3a#faq_cost
Old Jul 25th 2007, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

I don't know if the TRA are putting their fees up or not, there isn't anything about it on their site, so at the minute - no not all trades have to pay the higher fees.

There will be higher fees to those that have the above trades, and have to apply to Vetassess for an assessment. Fees for them are here: http://www.vetassess.com.au/index.cf...=1.3a#faq_cost
Does anyone know if it effect anyone who had already got their TRA as a motor mechanic and submitted their visa application but not yet received their actual visa???

cheers
Vic's
Old Jul 25th 2007, 1:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Another thing I want to point out, (due to the amount of PM's I keep getting about it), is that the pre-migration assessment that will be done by Vetasses does NOT give you an ARTC certificate that some trades need to be able to apply for a licence to work in Australia, this will still have to be done when you arrive. For that you need to apply to the TRA.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 1:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by vickys
Does anyone know if it effect anyone who had already got their TRA as a motor mechanic and submitted their visa application but not yet received their actual visa???

cheers
Vic's

No, it won't affect anything for you.