Wikiposts

TRA - application fee

Old Mar 19th 2009, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

jimcz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TRA - application fee

I apologize for probably silly question but after reading faq on TRA website I still don’t understand how I should pay the application fee. I’m a foreigner living in the UK and I’m not very familiar with the „commonwealth bank system“. Can somebody explain a little bit more detail how to pay it?
Old Mar 20th 2009, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

katana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TRA - application fee

We are just about to send our TRA application tomorrow ,we live in France ,but I'm sure it will be the same in the UK.Just go to your bank & ask to order an International Cheque for 300 Aud.Take along the address it has to be sent to & the person it has to be made out to(our's was 'The collector of monies DEEWR').Your bank will order it & take the money from your account.It will take a few days(ours was 5 days).Then you will have to collect it & it will be already printed out ready for you to send.Hope this is of some help,but just ask at your bank for a cheque made out in Aus.Dollars & they should know what you need.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, your advice is really helpful, I’ve just got two supplementary questions .

The cheque should be made out to “The collector of public money DEEWR“, but what about the address? Should it be the address of TRA? It might seem obvious but e.g. from „migration skills assessment application guidelines“ .pdf file it’s not so clear.

On the last page of “migration skills assessment application form” is box for “TRA Reference number”. What should I put down there? There is “office use only” sign bellow it, but it’s meant just for the blank space on the bottom isn’t it?
Old Mar 20th 2009, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

The address is TRA in Aus.& as for the TRA ref number that's only if you've applied before & have a previous number.You'll get one sent to you when they receive your paperwork.What trade is it you're applying for?Our's is motor mechanic.Hope this helps & good luck.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all your comments. I’m applying as electrician special class which should be basically maintenance man. Unfortunately I hear that it’s been recently removed from critical skill list . Never mind, I’ll give it a try anyway.

I had really difficulties to collect proper references from my employers (I had 4 of them in previous 6 years) and so I had to compile two statutory declaration which I guess will not help my application either...

I feel really ashamed that I had to ask so silly questions about the payment but I am originally from Eastern Europe and I’ve never used things like cheque and similar stuff...
Old Mar 21st 2009, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

No worries,hope all goes well.