TRA

Old Jul 15th 2012, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

asmgx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TRA

hi
my friend is from Jordan, he is working as Telecommunications Technician

my questions are

1. can he apply for TRA to be assessed for Migrtion (TRA Migration Skills Assessment )?

2. he has a Bcs degree in electrical engineering from Jordan and been working as Telecommunications Technician for around 10 years, are these enough qualifications?

thanks for your help.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 7:38 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA

I had a quick look at the SOL and Electrical Engineers and Telecomms Engineers should apply to Engineers Australia for their assessments. Sorry can't be more help than that.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

thanks heaps old.sparkles

but my friend job was not as engineer, although he has an engineer degree
his job is Telecommunications Technician.
so the authority to asset him will be TRA, is this correct?
thanks
Old Jul 16th 2012, 9:38 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asmgx

thanks
Hi asmgx,

I've had another look, and I still see engineers australia (telecomms tech ANZSCO code 313214). Can you tell me what you are looking at?
Old Jul 16th 2012, 10:36 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Yes, that's right. My husband has an electronic engineer qualification but he applied to TRA as a electronic technician.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Yes, that's right. My husband has an electronic engineer qualification but he applied to TRA as a electronic technician.
Thanks a lot Dorothy. thats what i need to know
did you hubby pass the TRA?
Old Jul 16th 2012, 1:12 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot Dorothy. thats what i need to know
did you hubby pass the TRA?
Yup. Nearly 7 years ago now.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 8:55 am
Just Joined

scooby123 is an unknown quantity at this point

did you do it yourself or did you use an agent??
Old Jul 20th 2012, 9:48 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by scooby123
did you do it yourself or did you use an agent??
We did it ourselves. Same with the visa application. With a little patience and a lot of reading of forms and booklets we found the process quite smooth. Mind you, I did most of the work on it and I actually enjoy paperwork - forms, etc.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 10:54 am
Just Joined

Thx Dorothy nice to know it is not as daunting as I thaught.
Hubby is a chef with 19 years experience, we had his skills assessed and he got a AQFIII Cert for australia so hopefully this will be enough as he doesn'tn have any of his school reports etc. I read that they want info on all employers past and present, welll some of them moved on / closed so a bit worried about that. Where can I find the booklets on the TRA and anything else I can find to help me fill these forms in correctly????
Sorry for bombarding, you with all my questions but I want to do it right.

Old Jul 20th 2012, 12:23 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by scooby123
Thx Dorothy nice to know it is not as daunting as I thaught.
Hubby is a chef with 19 years experience, we had his skills assessed and he got a AQFIII Cert for australia so hopefully this will be enough as he doesn'tn have any of his school reports etc. I read that they want info on all employers past and present, welll some of them moved on / closed so a bit worried about that. Where can I find the booklets on the TRA and anything else I can find to help me fill these forms in correctly????
Sorry for bombarding, you with all my questions but I want to do it right.

http://www.deewr.gov.au/Skills/Progr...s/default.aspx
Old Jul 20th 2012, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

thx