British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   TRA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/tra-480919/)

acrewood Sep 13th 2007 5:04 pm

Re: TRA

:thumbsup: Thanks again will keep you posted.

shar07 Sep 14th 2007 3:26 pm

Our TRA too has been sent back to our agent so having to go Vetassess, OH has to go to London it is a nightmare he has 20yrs exp as an Electrician and is a really good one its just our luck that this happened, but dont lose hope all.

acrewood Sep 14th 2007 3:43 pm

My OH is a plasterer again with over 20years experience all references sent with no gaps in employment.
Dont think they did qualifications in plastering that long ago you just served your time and that was your apprenticeship. Anyone can go to college and learn a trade get a certificate but surely experience is more important especially if you have all the evidence to back it up.

acrewood Sep 14th 2007 3:44 pm

What the difference between TRA and Vetasses?

shar07 Sep 14th 2007 3:50 pm

If you are an Electrician,Plumber etc Vetassess have now taken over what TRA were doing. OH has to complete an online skills assessment, you then send evidence and Vetassess then decide whether you have the skills to invite you for a technical interview and a test (of some sort) and for this pleasure you pay approx £800. I am not sure if a plasterer is on this list if you go on the Vetassess website it gives you all the info you need.

Tintsexpert Sep 14th 2007 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by shar07 (Post 5311772)
If you are an Electrician,Plumber etc Vetassess have now taken over what TRA were doing. OH has to complete an online skills assessment, you then send evidence and Vetassess then decide whether you have the skills to invite you for a technical interview and a test (of some sort) and for this pleasure you pay approx £800. I am not sure if a plasterer is on this list if you go on the Vetassess website it gives you all the info you need.

God, am I blad I got mine sent off before the changes!

s-jmelbournewannabe Sep 14th 2007 7:14 pm

This is so crap, couldnt believe it when i read it the other day! so sorry for you lot, OH a sparkie but did ours in jan. luckily.. .£800!

have you read the thread by 007 agent Mr Lombard??? They reckon that they have stopped it until they bring in an alternative? may be worth hanging on a few weeks and see what happens. obviously if you are a sparkie etc you will have to go the Vetassess' way.

just an idea. Good luck whatever you decide guys .

S-j x

usaoraus Sep 14th 2007 8:11 pm

hi,

would you please tell me what is the skill pathway D? I am a hairdresser with trade certification.

thanks, usa or aus?