British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   TRA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/tra-480919/)

york1e Sep 13th 2007 3:13 pm

TRA

Hi i'm so glad people on here seem to be getting there visa's,
good news for some at least. I've just recieved the dreaded letter from tra saying the skill pathway D has closed and we are returning your application and fee :curse::curse:the bounders.
well it looks like vetesses either London or Glasgow, both just as far to go, i live in bloody Leeds lol. Congrats to all who are getting good news
Chris

scrum Sep 13th 2007 3:16 pm

Re: TRA

Originally Posted by york1e (Post 5307132)
good news for some at least. I've just recieved the dreaded letter from tra saying the skill pathway D has closed and we are returning your application and fee :curse::curse:the bounders.
well it looks like vetesses either London or Glasgow, both just as far to go, i live in bloody Leeds lol. Congrats to all who are getting good news
Chris

Chris I'm really sorry to hear your news. It's a bummer isn't it? Is VETASSESS your only option now? Have you got an agent and if so what did they say.

Trish

Tintsexpert Sep 13th 2007 3:18 pm

sorry to hear that chris, get an agent it loks like it could be money well spent.
Tim

leannelo Sep 13th 2007 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Tintsexpert (Post 5307160)
sorry to hear that chris, get an agent it loks like it could be money well spent.
Tim

Really sorry to here your bad news, why does it happen when we want to go to oz???

york1e Sep 13th 2007 3:24 pm

Yes i've got an agent but have not had any advice from him as yet, so don't know what all my options are :(
I wouldn't mind but i have pissed all over some plumbers with so called qualifications lmao

Tintsexpert Sep 13th 2007 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by york1e (Post 5307192)
Yes i've got an agent but have not had any advice from him as yet, so don't know what all my options are :(
I wouldn't mind but i have pissed all over some plumbers with so called qualifications lmao

Thats not hard with some of them, we've been on a job in london, what a set o t****r's, lazy good for nothing -----------------, you get my drift.

acrewood Sep 13th 2007 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by york1e (Post 5307132)
Chris

Hi sorry to hear your news but we are in same position still waiting for the dreaded letter got a letter dated 27th August acknowledgement and stating we should hear with 10 working days still not heard anything. Did you recieve acknowledgement letter first? When did you send your TRA?

york1e Sep 13th 2007 3:55 pm

Hi Acre, no acknowledgement just the whole bunch of forms and statdecs etc that i had sent off returned.
It was signed for and received on the 30/08/07. so its only took two weeks to send the bloody thing back

ianbrown Sep 13th 2007 3:57 pm

Sorry to hear that mate, I hope this all gets sorted quickly and they get a viable alternative in place soon rather than having to travel like that. They have upset alot of very skilled and decent people over this so I hope the wait isnt a long or expensive one!

acrewood Sep 13th 2007 4:01 pm

Hi Yorkie
Thanks for quick reply. My OH is a plasterer and has been for 24 years we sent 15yrs 20years accounts and references for all his employers who he served his time with but no certificates as he his time served and did an informal apprenticeship in the 1980s. Because our application was signed for around 13th August then recieved acknowledgement letter so dont know what will happen next maybe they are sending it all back nut why is it taking so long?

Reedy Sep 13th 2007 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by acrewood (Post 5307271)
Hi sorry to hear your news but we are in same position still waiting for the dreaded letter got a letter dated 27th August acknowledgement and stating we should hear with 10 working days still not heard anything. Did you recieve acknowledgement letter first? When did you send your TRA?

If you got the acknowledgement letter wouldn't that mean that your assessment was being processed and therefore the changes won't apply?

acrewood Sep 13th 2007 4:09 pm

I am hoping this is true but the announcement states that applications not finalised are being sent straight back.

york1e Sep 13th 2007 4:16 pm

Well here's my fingers and toes crossed for you acre good luck :thumbup:

acrewood Sep 13th 2007 4:24 pm

Thanks Yorkie
Will post as soon as hear something at least no news is good news.
Sent TRA in July but my Oh forgot to sign it so they sent it back so this is second time lucky. They were pretty quick at sending it back last time thought we had been rejected then LOL when read the letter. This is getting very stressful and just at the beginning.

Reedy Sep 13th 2007 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by acrewood (Post 5307407)
I am hoping this is true but the announcement states that applications not finalised are being sent straight back.

I'll keep mine crossed for you too - particularly as you already sent it - I have done that so many times with cheques:rofl:

acrewood Sep 13th 2007 5:04 pm

:thumbsup: Thanks again will keep you posted.

shar07 Sep 14th 2007 3:26 pm

Our TRA too has been sent back to our agent so having to go Vetassess, OH has to go to London it is a nightmare he has 20yrs exp as an Electrician and is a really good one its just our luck that this happened, but dont lose hope all.

acrewood Sep 14th 2007 3:43 pm

My OH is a plasterer again with over 20years experience all references sent with no gaps in employment.
Dont think they did qualifications in plastering that long ago you just served your time and that was your apprenticeship. Anyone can go to college and learn a trade get a certificate but surely experience is more important especially if you have all the evidence to back it up.

acrewood Sep 14th 2007 3:44 pm

What the difference between TRA and Vetasses?

shar07 Sep 14th 2007 3:50 pm

If you are an Electrician,Plumber etc Vetassess have now taken over what TRA were doing. OH has to complete an online skills assessment, you then send evidence and Vetassess then decide whether you have the skills to invite you for a technical interview and a test (of some sort) and for this pleasure you pay approx £800. I am not sure if a plasterer is on this list if you go on the Vetassess website it gives you all the info you need.

Tintsexpert Sep 14th 2007 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by shar07 (Post 5311772)
If you are an Electrician,Plumber etc Vetassess have now taken over what TRA were doing. OH has to complete an online skills assessment, you then send evidence and Vetassess then decide whether you have the skills to invite you for a technical interview and a test (of some sort) and for this pleasure you pay approx £800. I am not sure if a plasterer is on this list if you go on the Vetassess website it gives you all the info you need.

God, am I blad I got mine sent off before the changes!

s-jmelbournewannabe Sep 14th 2007 7:14 pm

This is so crap, couldnt believe it when i read it the other day! so sorry for you lot, OH a sparkie but did ours in jan. luckily.. .£800!

have you read the thread by 007 agent Mr Lombard??? They reckon that they have stopped it until they bring in an alternative? may be worth hanging on a few weeks and see what happens. obviously if you are a sparkie etc you will have to go the Vetassess' way.

just an idea. Good luck whatever you decide guys .

S-j x

usaoraus Sep 14th 2007 8:11 pm

hi,

would you please tell me what is the skill pathway D? I am a hairdresser with trade certification.

thanks, usa or aus?