Wikiposts

Tra

Old Oct 26th 2004, 11:40 am
Hot, Brown & Happy

deethomas21 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Tra

Hi all, just thought some of you especially Bridiej and Bettytweena might like to know how I'm getting on with my TRA saga! After 3 months of waiting for an aknowledgement of my application I decided to get my agents to call. Problem........ no record on their data base of any application received by yours truly!
I have been pulling my hair out trying to contact someone in the TRA who will look into the case of the missing docs. My agents sent them Royal mail, which I now know had about as much chance of getting there as if I has had them sent by carrier pidgeon!
Anyway there is light at the end of the tunnel. A lovely lady has replied with an email giving me her personal assurance that as soon as she receives my new docs and application it will be porcessed immediately. The fact that she had discovered my bankers draft had been cashed may have prompted this reply, but who cares at last something positive is being done. She has even given me her telephone number and fax.
Thanks for all the kind words ...it REALLY does help.

Dee
Old Oct 26th 2004, 7:29 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tra

Glad to hear some good news for you at last!!

x
Old Oct 26th 2004, 8:35 pm
Hot, Brown & Happy

Talking Re: Tra

Thanx Bridiej,
Even better news today. The fantastic Ms Patterson has found my papers!!! An initial assessment has been done and I should be hearing from them soon!

Now the stress is mounting again. Will it be a positive assessment? I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything.
I think I've aged 10 years in the last few months. Thank goodness I'm a hairdresser as I've never needed that tube of colour to cover the white hairs as much as I do now.

Deexxxxxxx

Originally Posted by bridiej
Glad to hear some good news for you at last!!

x
Old Oct 26th 2004, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by deethomas21
Thanx Bridiej,
Even better news today. The fantastic Ms Patterson has found my papers!!! An initial assessment has been done and I should be hearing from them soon!

Now the stress is mounting again. Will it be a positive assessment? I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything.
I think I've aged 10 years in the last few months. Thank goodness I'm a hairdresser as I've never needed that tube of colour to cover the white hairs as much as I do now.

Deexxxxxxx

Yey, that's great news!!!!

It's amazing what can happen when they actually look for it!! Good job they found your bankers draft...

Will have my fingers crossed for you - let me know as soon as you hear anything!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Oct 26th 2004, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

KenJan333 will become famous soon enough

Hi Dee

How awful. I think I would have stuck my head in the oven by now.

Keep your chin up and I hope all goes well for you.

I'm glad I contacted my agent yesterday, as we had not received an acknowledgement either, but all was well, the agent just forgot to tell us.

Good Luck

Jan
Old Oct 26th 2004, 10:43 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=deethomas21]Hi all, just thought some of you especially Bridiej and Bettytweena might like to know how I'm getting on with my TRA saga! After 3 months of waiting for an aknowledgement of my application I decided to get my agents to call. Problem........ no record on their data base of any application received by yours truly!
I have been pulling my hair out trying to contact someone in the TRA who will look into the case of the missing docs. My agents sent them Royal mail, which I now know had about as much chance of getting there as if I has had them sent by carrier pidgeon!
Anyway there is light at the end of the tunnel. A lovely lady has replied with an email giving me her personal assurance that as soon as she receives my new docs and application it will be porcessed immediately. The fact that she had discovered my bankers draft had been cashed may have prompted this reply, but who cares at last something positive is being done. She has even given me her telephone number and fax.
Thanks for all the kind words ...it REALLY does help.

What a nightmare at least they are sorting it out and its good to know there are real people at the other end i was beginning to think the TRA were some kind of conspiricy theory
Old Oct 26th 2004, 11:27 pm

What a nightmare at least they are sorting it out and its good to know there are real people at the other end i was beginning to think the TRA were some kind of conspiricy theory [/QUOTE]

LOL!!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 5:12 am
Hot, Brown & Happy

Hi Jan,
I know, I think I've inadvertantly scared the pants of a load of people who haven't had any notification from the TRA! I suppose it's just as well to be cautious and make sure the TRA have received your documentation. Glad to hear all is well with you. Let me know when you get your positive assessment.
Love
Dee
x

Originally Posted by KenJan333
Hi Dee

How awful. I think I would have stuck my head in the oven by now.

Keep your chin up and I hope all goes well for you.

I'm glad I contacted my agent yesterday, as we had not received an acknowledgement either, but all was well, the agent just forgot to tell us.

Good Luck

Jan
Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

KenJan333 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by deethomas21
Hi Jan,
I know, I think I've inadvertantly scared the pants of a load of people who haven't had any notification from the TRA! I suppose it's just as well to be cautious and make sure the TRA have received your documentation. Glad to hear all is well with you. Let me know when you get your positive assessment.
Love
Dee
x
Hi Dee

Yes, I for one would have had my 'pants scared off' if I had read your thread before I had contacted my agent.

This whole process is a complete nightmare, without hiccups like that.

Good Luck with yours.

Jan

PS Phoned my agent last night, well about 01.00 am actually he's in Sydney, to get some reasuring words that everything was ok. First time I've spoke verbally to him as we normally communicate by email but he seemed nice enough. He advised that he got a letter from TRA this morning advising that processing times for priority assessments are now expected to take around 4 months. So bang goes our hope in getting visa application sent off before Xmas.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 10:00 am
Hot, Brown & Happy

Hi Jan,
You never know. You might have a nice suprise! Think positive. Keep in touch.
Deex
Originally Posted by KenJan333
Hi Dee

Yes, I for one would have had my 'pants scared off' if I had read your thread before I had contacted my agent.

This whole process is a complete nightmare, without hiccups like that.

Good Luck with yours.

Jan

PS Phoned my agent last night, well about 01.00 am actually he's in Sydney, to get some reasuring words that everything was ok. First time I've spoke verbally to him as we normally communicate by email but he seemed nice enough. He advised that he got a letter from TRA this morning advising that processing times for priority assessments are now expected to take around 4 months. So bang goes our hope in getting visa application sent off before Xmas.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

bettytweena is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dee

Only just caught up with this thread...........heard anything yet???
Fingers crossed, sending positive vibes.......
How is EVERYTHING??????????????

Hugs
Lesley xxx
Old Oct 28th 2004, 4:10 am
BE Enthusiast

The Druid is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Tra

I e-mailed TRA last night asking for a progress report, got a reply this morning "Letter is in the post" no other indication as to pass or fail.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAagh !!!!!!!!!!!................

This week is going to be a grueller.

To answer everbodys next question 18weeks +/- a day or two fast track
Old Oct 28th 2004, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of

Sent you lucky vibes

I'm phoning in the morning. I'm a worrier by nature, so this is driving me up the wall. Fingers crossed - then just the *small* matter of a visa, slightly complicated by a few skeletons.....

I hope that letter lands on your mat with a postive thwump.

Originally Posted by The Druid
I e-mailed TRA last night asking for a progress report, got a reply this morning "Letter is in the post" no other indication as to pass or fail.

Old Oct 28th 2004, 8:09 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Druid

OMG bet you wish you hadnt rung now it would drive me mental not knowing the answer hope its a postive result sending you some karma

Kay
Old Oct 28th 2004, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of

Well, I phoned and was told that a decision was expected next week :scared:

Originally Posted by dottyspots
Sent you lucky vibes

I'm phoning in the morning. I'm a worrier by nature, so this is driving me up the wall. Fingers crossed - then just the *small* matter of a visa, slightly complicated by a few skeletons.....

I hope that letter lands on your mat with a postive thwump.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.