Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Tourist Visa while 136 Skilled P.R beeing lodged

Wikiposts

Tourist Visa while 136 Skilled P.R beeing lodged

Old Jul 30th 2006, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

SEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really nice
Default Tourist Visa while 136 Skilled P.R beeing lodged

Hi,

I'm planning on lodging a 136 offshore P.R Visa this week. But I have also booked flights for the end of September -06, as I'm planning a couple of weeks of vacation in Australia at this time. The travel agent will arrange for the Tourist Visa on my behalf.

The dates for which the 136 P.R application and Tourist Visa application will lodged is consquently very close to each other. Is there any possibility of problems/issues while lodging these same two Visa applications during the same (or close) timeframe? On form 80, for the P.R application, I have already stated my intended visit and excact dates, so I'm thinking I should be OK?

Thanks,
Andy
Old Jul 30th 2006, 8:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tourist Visa while 136 Skilled P.R beeing lodged

Originally Posted by SEAndy
Hi,

I'm planning on lodging a 136 offshore P.R Visa this week. But I have also booked flights for the end of September -06, as I'm planning a couple of weeks of vacation in Australia at this time. The travel agent will arrange for the Tourist Visa on my behalf.

The dates for which the 136 P.R application and Tourist Visa application will lodged is consquently very close to each other. Is there any possibility of problems/issues while lodging these same two Visa applications during the same (or close) timeframe? On form 80, for the P.R application, I have already stated my intended visit and excact dates, so I'm thinking I should be OK?

Thanks,
Andy
Don't rely on DIMA picking it up from Form 80.
Contact them specifically to inform them that you will be applying for an ETA, and giving them your dates of travel.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

SEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Don't rely on DIMA picking it up from Form 80.
Contact them specifically to inform them that you will be applying for an ETA, and giving them your dates of travel.
Thanks for your reply Pollyana.

What possible problems could arise in such a case (i.e if they are not notified)?

I'll be sending my 136 Offshore PR application tomorrow to ASPC. I was thinking I would include a cover letter stating my intent to visit Australia for vacation, incl. dates, and therefore they could expect the named Travel agent to apply for a ETA on my behalf within 4 weeks time.

Would that be sufficient for DIMA?

Thanks,
Andy
Old Aug 1st 2006, 12:16 am
Banned

RegisteredAgent is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Andy,

be very careful and only lodge the 136 visa before or after you go. Otherwise you will invalidate the application. Send the application via registered mail so you can track the date in which the department receive the application. Remember that the date the application is lodged is the date in which the department physically receive it... Not the date in which you sent it in the post.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 1:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RegisteredAgent
Hi Andy,

be very careful and only lodge the 136 visa before or after you go.
A little confused by this statement! Perhaps you could clarify it......
Old Aug 1st 2006, 1:52 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Pollyana
A little confused by this statement! Perhaps you could clarify it......
My apologies, I misunderstood the question.

You can actually lodge a 136 while on shore in Australia (whether you are on vacation or some other visa). You must not be in Australia when the 136 visa is GRANTED. To do so would invalidate the visa.

Therefore you could actually take the application with you and lodge it at a local DIMA office onshore in Australia.

Just make sure you are out of the country when they grant the visa.

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 1st 2006 at 2:57 am. Reason: contact details - once is enough!
Old Aug 1st 2006, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

My apologies, I misunderstood the question.

You can actually lodge a 136 while on shore in Australia (whether you are on vacation or some other visa). You must not be in Australia when the 136 visa is GRANTED. To do so would invalidate the visa.

Therefore you could actually take the application with you and lodge it at a local DIMA office onshore in Australia.

Just make sure you are out of the country when they grant the visa.

Ryan Kroonenburg
RMA #0531502
http://www.askamigrationagent.com
Thanks for your reply.

However I'm in Europe right now and I am looking to lodge it ASAP as I got all the papers in order as of today. I'm not going to Australia for another 8 weeks. The ETA Visa for this vacation trip will be booked by travel agent, at any time between one and six weeks time.

My plan is as follows:

1. Lodge (courier) the 136 P.R application tomorrow to ASPC. Including a cover letter stating that I'll be applying for ETA Visa through named Travel agent. I have also entered information about this vacation trip on Form 80.
2. Travel agent will apply for ETA Visa in 1-6 weeks time.

I haven't been able to find any info so far as to why this would present a problem but I certainly appreciate any comments as I don't want to risk any problems with either Visa. Especially not when passing Immigrations at the Airport while entering Aus on the ETA tourist visa.

Thanks,
Andy
Old Aug 1st 2006, 2:49 am
Banned

Andy,

Those are suitable precautions. A tourist visa will not affect a 136 visa unless you are granted that 136 visa while on a tourist visa in Australia.
As this is not the case then you should have no trouble.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 8:09 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

You can't lodge a 136 at a local DIMA office onshore. The only way is by post or courier to the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre.