Toolmakers in South Australia?

Old Feb 21st 2007, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

CASPER99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Toolmakers in South Australia?

Can anyone tell me whether there is much call for toolmakers jobs in South Australia. I have looked on the jobs search websites but can you apply for these jobs if you have not got a visa?

ALso a lot of them have not got a salary. Are you supposed to email them to ask what it is?

We are going out for a reccie in October and I wanted to go round a few places with hubby and his CV. Is this something that is done? How would I know who hires the toolmakers when we go out for the reccie?

Can anyone advise?

many thanks
Old Feb 21st 2007, 7:22 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toolmakers in South Australia?

Originally Posted by CASPER99
Can anyone tell me whether there is much call for toolmakers jobs in South Australia. I have looked on the jobs search websites but can you apply for these jobs if you have not got a visa?

ALso a lot of them have not got a salary. Are you supposed to email them to ask what it is?

We are going out for a reccie in October and I wanted to go round a few places with hubby and his CV. Is this something that is done? How would I know who hires the toolmakers when we go out for the reccie?

Can anyone advise?

many thanks
hi there mate firstly welcome to the site.

i am a TRA assessed toolmaker with with CNC experience which according to SA Gvmnt is now on the STNI list.

We should be heading off to Adelaide in September all being well i have found quite a few jobs/companys on the Adelaide Advertiser website and also on seek i have saved the addresses and email addys for the places so i can send off my CV to them prior to us moving out, i have also been in touch with a few who have asked me to give them a call when i get there and come in for a chat.

Also it could be worth checking out Adelaidebrits that is another forum for Adelaide folk, we have found these sites extremely useful.......but the best site of all has to be this one some very knowledgable ppl on here.

good luck with everything.

Hold tight and enjoy the ride.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply

Hubby is toolmaker although not CNC. Is there as much call for non CNC toolmakers?

So you are going to go out without a job?

I have been on the adelaidebrit site.

Its very good.

Best of luck to you.

Keeep me informed please?

thanks
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 11:52 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply

Hubby is toolmaker although not CNC. Is there as much call for non CNC toolmakers?

So you are going to go out without a job?

I have been on the adelaidebrit site.

Its very good.

Best of luck to you.

Keeep me informed please?

thanks
If he can get into a bit of it it would help him a great deal i reckon.

I have got mate in Adelaide he has been there 11 yrs so i got some help from Oz hopefully we are going to get some interviews sorted for when we get there.

No guarentee if a job.

there are alot of fitter style jobs that i think a toolmaker would be able to do, as toolmakers have got a very broad range of skills fitting machining etc etc.

How far down the line are you?

Have you done TRA yet?

Old Feb 22nd 2007, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

WE are just in the initial stages at the minute.

We are going out in October for a reccie (with my parents cause they will be coming out on a CP visa) so if you manage to get out there in September (all giong well) would love to meet up with you.

If we like the look of the place and decide it is for us then we are going to apply for the TRA.

I am hoping to start to gather the information together.

Hubby can do mechanical fitter/turner/lathe etc blah blah so hopefully he will be able to get something similar.

We are hoping to get a salary of not less than £20k per year.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 6:13 pm
Loving it in SA

WE are just in the initial stages at the minute.

We are going out in October for a reccie (with my parents cause they will be coming out on a CP visa) so if you manage to get out there in September (all giong well) would love to meet up with you.

If we like the look of the place and decide it is for us then we are going to apply for the TRA.

I am hoping to start to gather the information together.

Hubby can do mechanical fitter/turner/lathe etc blah blah so hopefully he will be able to get something similar.

We are hoping to get a salary of not less than £20k per year.

thats is around the wage we are looking at my mate there says it is around that rate.

Get your TRA stuff done and get it out of the way it lasts for ages i dnt think there is a time limit on how long it lasts for !!!!!

Would love to meet up when you come over and maybe if i get a job i could always keep an eye out for anything for you too.

If you need any help with the TRA stuff just give me a shout we will give as much help as we can we sure needed it when we did ours.......its a long hard slog but its well worth it.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Malcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to all

Hi, I'm in the same boat. I've got a toolmaking background but haven't touched CNC for years, as I now do more fitting/maintenance type work. I've sent my TRA off and waiting for a reply. At the moment we are going under the state sponsorship visa to Perth but looking on the job websites there seems to be less on offer in my field. So we are also looking at Adelaide as it seems to have more to offer. We are visiting both places in March, so hopefully we can decide between the two.
Malcolm.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 6:43 pm
Loving it in SA

Originally Posted by Malcs66
Hi, I'm in the same boat. I've got a toolmaking background but haven't touched CNC for years, as I now do more fitting/maintenance type work. I've sent my TRA off and waiting for a reply. At the moment we are going under the state sponsorship visa to Perth but looking on the job websites there seems to be less on offer in my field. So we are also looking at Adelaide as it seems to have more to offer. We are visiting both places in March, so hopefully we can decide between the two.
Malcolm.
Hi there,

not too sure if you could swap state sponsorships someone will clarify it if you want to check it out.........but surely you have enough points to enter on a 136?

especially with your trade?
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Malcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to all

Hi,
no we couldn't choose another states under that visa, it would just make it go through a lot easier and quicker if we stuck with Perth (so i've been told) But yes we can go under a different visa and choose where we want to go, just have to wait until we have visited both places and see what they have to offer.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 6:50 pm
Loving it in SA

Originally Posted by Malcs66
Hi,
no we couldn't choose another states under that visa, it would just make it go through a lot easier and quicker if we stuck with Perth (so i've been told) But yes we can go under a different visa and choose where we want to go, just have to wait until we have visited both places and see what they have to offer.
check out Adelaidebrits and Adelaide bound they are good places to gather some info.
we are going blind but cheated a bit with us having an ex work colleague out there.