Is this too much of a "nudge" for my CO??

Old Feb 6th 2006, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

deanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud of
Default Is this too much of a "nudge" for my CO??

Hi everyone.I need some advice.
I'll explain.
We have been waiting 6 months now since receipt of our 136 application, have done meds & police checks which were posted on 14th Jan along with requested payslips. We have heard nothing. Here is a copy of email I'd like to send but would like to know if it is justified or just a bit too much????
Should I send it or be patient and wait some more???
Asked politely for an update & just got an automated response, stating offshore apps were taking up to 12months.
THIS IS THE EMAIL I WANT TO SEND:-

This is really not a helpful answer, I am lead to believe there is a shortage of people with my chosen occupation on the SOL and the MODL especially in WA.
My first conformation from your office stated that I would have a definite answer within about 6 months, the 6 months are due to end this week, now you are implying that I may have to wait a further 6 months because I am offshore. All I am asking is that you clarify the situation & give me an update as to whether you have received all the relevant information i.e. medicals, payslips & police checks.
I don't think this is an unreasonable request & I would appreciate a personal answer.

Last edited by deanmhunt; Feb 6th 2006 at 3:37 pm. Reason: confusing.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

orange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant future
Default Re: Is this too much of a "nudge" for my CO??

My advice would be to think through what you want to achieve. I can't imagine that a CO would respond positively to this. I would re-word it so that it reads much more factually and diplomatically - take the emotional stuff out of it.

Originally Posted by deanmhunt
I'll explain.
We have been waiting 6 months now since receipt of our 136 application, have done meds & police checks which were posted on 14th Jan along with requested payslips. We have heard nothing. Here is a copy of email I'd like to send but would like to know if it is justified or just a bit too much????
Asked politely for an update & just got an automated response, stating offshore apps were taking up to 12months.

This is really not a helpful answer, I am lead to believe there is a shortage of people with my chosen occupation on the SOL and the MODL especially in WA.
My first conformation from your office stated that I would have a definite answer within about 6 months, the 6 months are due to end this week, now you are implying that I may have to wait a further 6 months because I am offshore. All I am asking is that you clarify the situation & give me an update as to whether you have received all the relevant information i.e. medicals, payslips & police checks.
I don't think this is an unreasonable request & I would appreciate a personal answer.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I'll explain.

I would put it more politely than that. If I received an e-mail like that I'd make you wait on purpose.

If you have submitted your Medicals and Police Clearance etc (were they requested or fronloaded) then it's just a case of being patient.

Our Visa took three weeks after they had received everything, shouldn't be too much longer.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

deanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by orange&
My advice would be to think through what you want to achieve. I can't imagine that a CO would respond positively to this. I would re-word it so that it reads much more factually and diplomatically - take the emotional stuff out of it.
Thanx for that. I've tried being factual & just get automated response( is she a machine lol). I just wanna know if ther's a hold up, have they got all the info.
It's really bloody frustrating.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WendyC
I would put it more politely than that. If I received an e-mail like that I'd make you wait on purpose.

If you have submitted your Medicals and Police Clearance etc (were they requested or fronloaded) then it's just a case of being patient.

Our Visa took three weeks after they had received everything, shouldn't be too much longer.
They were requested. I'll back down & be patient. ty.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

stokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant future

I'll explain.

You might want to check your spelling and punctuation before you send it as well.

To be honest it's a bit like complaining to the Police. It's just going to piss them off and the system won't back you up.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

orange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant future

It's always good to write down an angry email - and then not send it!! Definitely cathartic!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

stokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant future

It's always good to write down an angry email - and then not send it!! Definitely cathartic!
Just make sure that you don't fill in the "To" box though, learnt that one to my mistake
Old Feb 6th 2006, 4:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

They were requested. I'll back down & be patient. ty.

I think you'll hear by the end of this month. If not then send them a polite but short e-mail.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

I think you'll hear by the end of this month. If not then send them a polite but short e-mail.
LMAO any clues how to word it????
Old Feb 6th 2006, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

LMAO any clues how to word it????

Dear XXXX
I was just wondering if you would please give me the damn visa

Thanks

Only kidding x

Dear XXXX

I am just enquiring with regards to my application, can you confirm receipt of my documents please.

Yours
XXXX

or something like that
Old Feb 6th 2006, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Is this too much of a "nudge" for my CO??

Dear XXXX
I was just wondering if you would please give me the damn visa

Thanks

Only kidding x

Dear XXXX

I am just enquiring with regards to my application, can you confirm receipt of my documents please.

Yours
XXXX

or something like that
pmsl. My first email was similar but got a stupid response. I think she's a machine.(robot even). No heart.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

pmsl. My first email was similar but got a stupid response. I think she's a machine.(robot even). No heart.

"Dear x,

They say charity begins at work. How about missing one of your tea breaks today and sending me a little email, just to put my worried mind at rest. All I want to know is if you received the documents I sent you. Here's an opportunity to make a stressed man happy (and lower your caffeine intake at the same time). You see... I'm quite a nice person really, and have your well-being in mind (who knows, we might actually get on like a house on fire if we met... then again, that's probably not a good thing to say, what with all the bush fires down south, but you get my drift...). Please spare a little thought for me when the tea break alarm sounds at 10.30am and you all troup off to the staff room.

Yours in anticipation

Your good friend x"
Old Feb 6th 2006, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I suppose they would just spend all day answering e-mails if they had. Then no-one would ever get a visa.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Is this too much of a "nudge" for my CO??

"Dear x,

They say charity begins at work. How about missing one of your tea breaks today and sending me a little email, just to put my worried mind at rest. All I want to know is if you received the documents I sent you. Here's an opportunity to make a stressed man happy (and lower your caffeine intake at the same time). You see... I'm quite a nice person really, and have your well-being in mind (who knows, we might actually get on like a house on fire if we met... then again, that's probably not a good thing to say, what with all the bush fires down south, but you get my drift...). Please spare a little thought for me when the tea break alarm sounds at 10.30am and you all troup off to the staff room.

Yours in anticipation

Your good friend x"
Thanks for that just had a good laugh. This is deans wife Tracey, deans to stressed with co lady to reply at the moment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.