Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Time taken for Working Holiday to be granted

Wikiposts

Time taken for Working Holiday to be granted

Old Jun 24th 2008, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

saboo has a spectacular aura aboutsaboo has a spectacular aura aboutsaboo has a spectacular aura about
Default Time taken for Working Holiday to be granted

Hey guys

Just a quickie - does anyone know approximate times for a working holiday visa to be granted?

I'm coming off an employer sponsored 457 and going onto a working holiday while I apply for an independent skilled migration visa and am going to go back to the UK for a while to sort the working holiday (and be my brother's best man!)

Just wondering how long a working holiday visa normally takes? Would a month be safe?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks!
Old Jun 24th 2008, 2:16 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time taken for Working Holiday to be granted

If you're a British citizen, with no chracter issues or travel to high risk countries, you could get approval within 48 hours! A month is plenty of time, even allowing for having to get a medical (if you plan to work in schools or hospitals or such like!).

Good luck!
Old Jun 24th 2008, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

saboo has a spectacular aura aboutsaboo has a spectacular aura aboutsaboo has a spectacular aura about

cheers tking

yeah, I thought a month would be adequate. If I leave my current job on the 1st August I will have until 1st September, but I guess that is irrelevant really.

The worst, worst case scenario is that I would just stay at home until it is granted and have to rebook my flight back.

I had heard the longest it can take is 2-3 weeks, but I like the sound of 48 hours!

Cheers again, much appreciated - have an awesome day
Old Jun 24th 2008, 3:09 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

I'd apply in the internet lounge at whatever stopover airport you end up in and race your WHV home - it might just beat you!
Old Jun 24th 2008, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tking
I'd apply in the internet lounge at whatever stopover airport you end up in and race your WHV home - it might just beat you!

that's hilarious. great idea!

what info do you need? is the online application really short and simple?
Old Jun 24th 2008, 4:27 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

You need your passport and your visa card! As well as a few other details! It's short and simple and should be quick to fill in!