Wikiposts

Time frame for Australian police clearance

Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimandken will become famous soon enoughkimandken will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Time frame for Australian police clearance

Hi Fay, I was in OZ for 8 months. If I were u i would apply, just with it taking so long.

K & K
Old Sep 19th 2007, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Originally Posted by FayWray
Thank God for BE, I didn't realise they took so long here.

But, does anyone know - do I need to wait until I've been in Australia for over 12 months before applying for a police clearance (I've only been here 10 months)?

I only ask because I'm sure DIAC require a police clearance for anywhere you've lived for 12 months or more. Obviously, given these long delays, I'd rather do it now and have it ready for my (de facto) visa application. But if I need to wait, I guess I need to wait.....

Thanks, Fay
It says 'if you've been in Oz for 12 months or more, get one' on the form (I'm paraphrasing here!) but I was there less than 12 months, frontloaded all of application minus Oz Police Check, then was asked a month later to get one :curse:
It's only $36, I would get it done anyway!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

Kathryn44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dolly
The only problem with that is that you have to be prepared to validate your visa 12 months from the date of your Australian Police Checks. If thats not a problem, then you should apply for them early.

I know someone who waited 3 months for their Australian police checks, and when he finally received them they were dated not long after he sent them.

Dolly
Hi Dolly,
That is only true if you still live in Australia. If you spent 12+ months in Australia sometime in the last 10 years, but now live the UK, your date of entry will be determined only by your UK police check, not by the date of a police check from any other country you have lived in the in the past.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All,

My husband is submitting his RPL to the ACS assessment center next week and I have just started getting all documents for the visa applications should we be successful with the assessment part. Just wondering about the pc's. Am I correct in saying we will only need a PC for Ireland which is the only country we have lived in longer than 12 months? I did live in Australia for 10 months about 9 years ago. Would you recommend that I also get an Australian PC?
Old Sep 24th 2007, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

Kathryn44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mairead
Hi All,

My husband is submitting his RPL to the ACS assessment center next week and I have just started getting all documents for the visa applications should we be successful with the assessment part. Just wondering about the pc's. Am I correct in saying we will only need a PC for Ireland which is the only country we have lived in longer than 12 months? I did live in Australia for 10 months about 9 years ago. Would you recommend that I also get an Australian PC?
Hi Mairead,

Theoretically, the DIAC will only require police clearances from countries you have lived in for 12 months or more (cumulatively) throughout the last 10 years. Once in a while they request the AFP clearance even if the applicant has spent just less than 12monts in Australia, but my feeling is that you will not be asked.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Kathryn, thats great news. Once less thing to do !!