Wikiposts

Time frame for Australian police clearance

Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

kimandken will become famous soon enoughkimandken will become famous soon enough
Default Time frame for Australian police clearance

Hi all, has any members applied for an Australian police clearance? If so what was the time frame?

Cheers K & K
Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:42 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time frame for Australian police clearance

Originally Posted by kimandken
Hi all, has any members applied for an Australian police clearance? If so what was the time frame?

Cheers K & K
Their web site says it takes 15 working days: http://www.afp.gov.au/business/national_police_checks

Gina
Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers K & K
It took just over 2 months from posting them off from Ireland until they appeared back in our post box, I think I sent them off 31st March and the searches arrived 6th or 7th June. I telephoned Australian Federal Police around 25th April and they said they had received them and had sent the results back to us, phoned them on three separate occasions and they said they sent off duplicate copies, only one copy turned up at the beginning of June.

Other people say it takes about six week. Just be prepared to wait for them. We might have just been unlucky.

Dolly
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

Kathryn44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers K & K
Dear K & K,

If you include an envelope with your return address, and an international postage reply coupon, and the required ID, it may speed up the process. Don't forget the bank draft for AUD$ as well.

If you have any friends/relatives in Australia it is often easier to just send the form to them for them to send it to the AFP. Then you don't have to worry about the bank draft either, as they can pay it with an Australian cheque.

Regards,
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:33 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers K & K
Ours took about 5 weeks and we are in Australia, this was back in May/June time.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kathryn44
Dear K & K,

If you include an envelope with your return address, and an international postage reply coupon, and the required ID, it may speed up the process. Don't forget the bank draft for AUD$ as well.

If you have any friends/relatives in Australia it is often easier to just send the form to them for them to send it to the AFP. Then you don't have to worry about the bank draft either, as they can pay it with an Australian cheque.

Regards,
You have to include all those things or they will send it back. Unfortunately they are just slow.

I was tearing my hair out in the end, but they do eventually turn up.

Dolly
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

kimandken will become famous soon enoughkimandken will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dolly
You have to include all those things or they will send it back. Unfortunately they are just slow.

I was tearing my hair out in the end, but they do eventually turn up.

Dolly
Hi, I sent mine away on the 12th July, thats over 10 weeks now and its the only other information my CO requires.

Im not a happy chappy :curse:
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

Kathryn44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I sent mine away on the 12th July, thats over 10 weeks now and its the only other information my CO requires.

Hi all,

Just a suggestion for those of you who haven't yet lodge the visa appliction: Apply for the Australian police clearance as soon as you've received the positive skills assessment, that way it won't slow you down at the very end of the process.

Regards,
Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

I know how you feel we were in the same position, it drove me mad.

The longest I heard someone wait was 3 months, so hopefully you'll get it soon. You can ring the Australian Federial Police help line, I don't have their number but its on their website, and they should be able to tell you when they sent it, although from our experience I would take their answer with a pinch of salt.

Dolly
Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kathryn44
Hi all,

Just a suggestion for those of you who haven't yet lodge the visa appliction: Apply for the Australian police clearance as soon as you've received the positive skills assessment, that way it won't slow you down at the very end of the process.

Regards,
The only problem with that is that you have to be prepared to validate your visa 12 months from the date of your Australian Police Checks. If thats not a problem, then you should apply for them early.

I know someone who waited 3 months for their Australian police checks, and when he finally received them they were dated not long after he sent them.

Dolly
Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

MaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really nice

Our Australian police checks took 6 weeks, which was about the same amount of time as our Irish police checks. Our English ones came back in 4 weeks.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MaggersandJen
Our Australian police checks took 6 weeks, which was about the same amount of time as our Irish police checks. Our English ones came back in 4 weeks.
I suppose it just depends.

Our Irish Police Checks took 3 weeks
English Police Checks almost 6 weeks
Australian Police Checks 2 months

All of which were straight forward "no criminal record" one sheet of paper letters.

Dolly
Old Sep 19th 2007, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi, i have phoned them and they just said they would put a note on there comp to hurry up the application. Yes i'm thinking the same as you ppl what a load of bull :curse:.

I will phone and ask to speak to a senior and see if that helps

Cheers K & K
Old Sep 19th 2007, 4:27 am
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Sent off for Aussie police checks early August...arrived back 1st week September!!!
This included a hold up for the in-laws to put the $36 cheque in there and re-post it to the ACT.
Much quicker than the UK one!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 11:05 am
monkey lover

FayWray is a jewel in the roughFayWray is a jewel in the roughFayWray is a jewel in the roughFayWray is a jewel in the roughFayWray is a jewel in the rough

Thank God for BE, I didn't realise they took so long here.

But, does anyone know - do I need to wait until I've been in Australia for over 12 months before applying for a police clearance (I've only been here 10 months)?

I only ask because I'm sure DIAC require a police clearance for anywhere you've lived for 12 months or more. Obviously, given these long delays, I'd rather do it now and have it ready for my (de facto) visa application. But if I need to wait, I guess I need to wait.....

Thanks, Fay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.