Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Thread for timeline/processing/how long is a piece of string questions

Thread for timeline/processing/how long is a piece of string questions

Old Jun 11th 2009, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

arif868 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: If I send filled form 80,need I fill up complete charecter assessment?????

Originally Posted by Safaet
No one can confirm this except for your CO. DIAC is sometimes asking for complete charecter assessment requests even after providing form 80. Let's wait and hope for the best...
Dear Safaet,

In that case will it be wise to submit both form 80 and complete charecter assessment??
Old Jun 11th 2009, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

abmzr is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: If I send filled form 80,need I fill up complete charecter assessment?????

Hi, I'm in the same boat as Arif. I do not know what to do. My agent says he has not received any requests from the CO for filling up the form.
I'M CONFUSED AND IN NEED OF MORE INFO.
BTW, Arif, r u from Bangladesh?
Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough
Default Re: If I send filled form 80,need I fill up complete charecter assessment?????

Originally Posted by arif868
Dear Safaet,

In that case will it be wise to submit both form 80 and complete charecter assessment??
I think that would be ok. Personally, I did not provided the form 80.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by abmzr
Hi, I'm in the same boat as Arif. I do not know what to do. My agent says he has not received any requests from the CO for filling up the form.
Please upload them and be in safe side!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:26 pm
Banned

Mukesam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by abmzr
Here is my experience:

I filled and uploaded form 80 upfront. My CO was assigned, did not request anything but noticed that "Online Character Assessment form" link popped up in my online status page. I filled online form and understandably Link disappeared from my page. So, I provided both form 80 and online char assessment form.

Regards,
Old Jun 14th 2009, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

abmzr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mukesam
Here is my experience:

I filled and uploaded form 80 upfront. My CO was assigned, did not request anything but noticed that "Online Character Assessment form" link popped up in my online status page. I filled online form and understandably Link disappeared from my page. So, I provided both form 80 and online char assessment form.

Regards,
Thanks Mukesam, I did the same today & like in your case, the link vanished.
Hope both of us get visas soon.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

reddragon81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thread for timeline/processing/how long is a piece of string questions

Hello I have a quick question.
Immigration is probably going to change points for cook and hairdresser very soon. The question is: Can they do it from a day to another? I mean on the 1st of July can they say : "From tomorrow cook and hairdresser will be worth 40 points" ? Or do they need to let people know in advance (e.g. 30 days???)
How did they usually do in the past, when they changed point on the list? With or without notice? Many thanks, your help is so valuable.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HOw much notice will Immi give when changing?

Originally Posted by reddragon81
Immigration is probably going to change points for cook and hairdresser very soon. The question is: Can they do it from a day to another? I mean on the 1st of July can they say : "From tomorrow cook and hairdresser will be worth 40 points" ? Or do they need to let people know in advance (e.g. 30 days???)
How did they usually do in the past, when they changed point on the list? With or without notice? Many thanks, your help is so valuable.
Without notice. They are under no obligation, and so don't, give notice of changes.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

water man will become famous soon enough

where is that link u got this information?
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by water man
It hardly matters where it was found. It's irrelevant as it's not fact. If it appears on the DIAC site it's fact, anywhere else it's not and so not worth worrying about.

It would be beneficial to everyone if we could stick to the facts as and when they are released by DIAC.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

reddragon81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by water man
from a migrantion agent's newsletter i subscribed to.

it says
A senior DIAC official in Brisbane last week made some pertinent comments about the direction of the skilled migration program. In particular he identified that students completing courses in cooking, hairdressing, accounting and welfare did not necessarily have the desired affect of alleviating skills shortages in Australia, and that the skilled program would try and address this by making sure to have a quality rather than a quantitative outcome. Expect possible legislative changes soon in this regards.

p.s. as the moderator said, nobody should pay too much attention to these "rumours".
Mine was just an example because I wanted to understande how DIAC behaved in the past in this regard, if giving notice (like they did with the CSL, that was announced in December and implemented in March) or not.

Last edited by reddragon81; Jun 15th 2009 at 8:45 am.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

water man will become famous soon enough

from a migrantion agent's newsletter i subscribed to.

it says
A senior DIAC official in Brisbane last week made some pertinent comments about the direction of the skilled migration program. In particular he identified that students completing courses in cooking, hairdressing, accounting and welfare did not necessarily have the desired affect of alleviating skills shortages in Australia, and that the skilled program would try and address this by making sure to have a quality rather than a quantitative outcome. Expect possible legislative changes soon in this regards.
p.s. as the moderator said, don't pay too much attention to these things.
Mine was just an example because I wanted to know how they behaved in the past in this regard, if giving notice (like they did with the CSL, that was announced in December and implemented in March) or not.
Cheers
send me that newsletter link...so that i can also get subscribed in it
Old Jun 15th 2009, 10:23 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

The lists can and do change without notice regularly.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
The lists can and do change without notice regularly.
And if you track down the threads from the day the CSL was announced you will see proof that NO-ONE knows what DIAC will do next.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

australia_im is on a distinguished road

you will get a notice of 37 minutes!!

What question is this!. DIAC is not your landlord to give you a notice period.

Moneypenny, please close thread as it is again asking for opinion about matters of conjecture.

Last edited by australia_im; Jun 15th 2009 at 3:39 pm. Reason: thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.