Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Thread for timeline/processing/how long is a piece of string questions

Thread for timeline/processing/how long is a piece of string questions

Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Duncan_Mc will become famous soon enough
Default Re: GSM Processing as of 19Jun2009

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
They said it was from there, but you never know I guess.

Mark
On feb. this year my agent advised me that my case would come into process in 2 or three month, so in April or May I would see the light. He said it came from the ASPC top staff. Although I'm only MODL not CSL.

Now it's the end of June and no movement with the case.

I mean, everybody can make mistakes.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

Janaka is on a distinguished road
Default New year being so close

HI all ,

Due to the end of year being so close, seems that they may not grant your visa until July.

Are you waiting for final grant with all documents and payments are met ?
This thread is for you

Hang up update you details so we will get to know when they start Granting again

Regards
Janaka
Old Jun 26th 2009, 4:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GSM Processing as of 19Jun2009

Originally Posted by Duncan_Mc
On feb. this year my agent advised me that my case would come into process in 2 or three month, so in April or May I would see the light. He said it came from the ASPC top staff. Although I'm only MODL not CSL.

Now it's the end of June and no movement with the case.

I mean, everybody can make mistakes.
And processing priorities can be changed at any time, as we have seen several times this year.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 4:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New year being so close

Originally Posted by Janaka
HI all ,

Due to the end of year being so close, seems that they may not grant your visa until July.

Are you waiting for final grant with all documents and payments are met ?
This thread is for you

Hang up update you details so we will get to know when they start Granting again

Regards
Janaka
They haven't stopped granting, you just don't happen to know anyone who's had theirs through.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 5:19 am
mzt
Forum Regular

mzt is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
They haven't stopped granting, you just don't happen to know anyone who's had theirs through.
True but if the beupdate website is anything to go by then the stats show that there has been a very dramatic slowdown. Looking at the stats for visas granted in 2009;

Jan : 34
Feb : 31
Mar : 42
Apr : 61
May : 53
Jun : 10

On average they down 77% on visa's granted in Jun. I think it's safe to say that if all your docs have been marked as Met and you still don't have a visa by now then don't hold your breath for the next week at least.

Things will probably start moving during the second week of July again unless there are some radical changes to CSL or the processing priorities.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 5:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mzt
True but if the beupdate website is anything to go by then the stats show that there has been a very dramatic slowdown. Looking at the stats for visas granted in 2009;

Jan : 34
Feb : 31
Mar : 42
Apr : 61
May : 53
Jun : 10

On average they down 77% on visa's granted in Jun. I think it's safe to say that if all your docs have been marked as Met and you still don't have a visa by now then don't hold your breath for the next week at least.

Things will probably start moving during the second week of July again unless there are some radical changes to CSL or the processing priorities.
Personally I don't think you can go by the website, just as you can't go by what members have personally found on BE. It's a tiny tiny minority of people who use these sites, compared to the number of visas issued every year. If you go by those numbers then what's the reason for January and February to be in the low 30s and then 61 in April. It's meaningless.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jun 26th 2009 at 9:46 am.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 5:31 am
mzt
Forum Regular

mzt is on a distinguished road

Personally I don't think you can go by the website, just as you can't go by what members have personally found on BE. It's a tiny tiny minority of people who use these sites, compared to the number of visas issued every year. If you go by those numbers then what's the reason for January and February to be in the low 30s and then 61 in April. It's meaningless.
Maybe a few CO's where just on holiday like the rest of us. I think most companies be it government or private suffer from a downturn during Dec and Jan. Holiday fever and human nature I suppose.

I do agree that that website is a very small percentage of the actual grants per month. It's just all stats and how one pecieves to intepret the mean. From that website one can at best summize a trend.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jun 26th 2009 at 9:46 am.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 9:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Default Re: Thread for timeline/processing/how long is a piece of string questions

By the same token, the COs could be on holiday in June. I guess it proves the point that you can prove what you want by reading data differently from someone else.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 10:14 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thread for timeline/processing/how long is a piece of string questions

Aaargh!!!

Some bugger has jut told me it could be August, due to school holidays in Oz meaning lots of people taking Annual Leave!!!

Don't you just hate the rumour-mongering & paranoia of this whole waiting thing - I swear I'll go insane by the end of the month
Old Jun 26th 2009, 11:20 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Aaargh!!!

Some bugger has jut told me it could be August, due to school holidays in Oz meaning lots of people taking Annual Leave!!!

Don't you just hate the rumour-mongering & paranoia of this whole waiting thing - I swear I'll go insane by the end of the month
School holidays are only 2 weeks in July. Not everyone takes them off - actually I would think that people would be more likely to take time off during the nicer weather hols like the ones in October or December.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 11:21 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

January - possibly no visas granted due to New Year, School holidays, Australia Day.
February - possibly no visas granted due to School holidays and cos someone's Aunty Mabel said so.
March - possibly no visas granted due to Easter, School holidays.
April - possibly no visas granted due to Easter, School holidays, Anzac Day.
May - possibly no visas granted due to Labour Day, and no School holidays so those without children get a chance to have their holidays at this time, and its nearly the end of visa year.
June - possibly no visas granted due to School holidays, Queens Birthday, and it is the end of the visa year.
July - possibly no visas granted due to School holidays, busy answering deluge of PLEs asking if new visa year has started.
August - possibly no visas granted due to School holidays and someone's cleaner said her cat saw it in the tea-leaves.
September - possibly no visas granted due to answering of PLES from people who thought they'd get their visas at the start of the new year, but haven't, and a child in darkest Mongolia dreamt it one night and posted her story on Facebook.
October - possibly no visas granted due to passing witch putting spell on case officers.
November - possibly no visas granted due to answering PLEs from people wanting their visas by Christmas.
December possibly no visas granted due to Christmas, School holidays, and Case Officers being too busy reading immigration forums catching up on the latest rumours.

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 26th 2009 at 11:25 am.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 11:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Can you confirm the above to be correct please. What country am I in?
Old Jun 26th 2009, 11:51 am
Home and Happy

Can you confirm the above to be correct please. What country am I in?
Not sure.....perhaps you could send DIAC a PLE and ask them to confirm what you wrote on your form?
Old Jun 26th 2009, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Angelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really nice

Hey Guys

Am I right in thinking I'm at the bottom of the pile for processing time lines, going on a 176 family sponsor visa, my Hubbys occupation is on the SOL not the MODL list.
Someone please tell me I'm WRONG and I'm at the top of the list lol!!!!
Angelia x
Old Jun 26th 2009, 12:12 pm
ajt
Forum Regular

ajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really nice

For Everyones Information
Priorities will be the same for the next Fiscal year too

This is the mail received by a 175er yesterday

Dear Sir/ Madam,
General Skilled Migration (GSM) Priority Processing Arrangements for 2009-10
As you may be aware, in a media release dated 12 May 2009, the Minister for Immigration and
Citizenship, Senator Chris Evans (“the Minister”) announced that, in response to the continued
economic slowdown, the Australian Government has decided that the permanent skilled migrant
intake for the 2009-10 program year will be 108,100 places. .
As a result, the priority arrangements implemented on 1 January 2009 following the Minister’s
direction in relation to the order of consideration of certain applications for sponsorship, nomination
and visas under the Skill Stream of the Migration Program, will remain in place for 2009–10.
Consistent with that direction, visa applications under the permanent GSM Program will be processed
according to the following order:
1. employer sponsorship
2. State or Territory sponsorship
3. an occupation on the Critical Skills List (CSL)
4. an occupation on the Migration Occupation in Demand List (MODL)
5. all other applications in date of lodgement order
The arrangements put in place will continue to ensure that priority is given to employer-sponsored and
government-sponsored visa applications, and that skills shortages in particular fields and regional
areas are addressed. Furthermore, the CSL will remain in place for those applicants who have skills in
areas of critical need and are seeking to migrate to Australia without a sponsor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.