British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Thread for State or Territory Sponsorship Applicants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/thread-state-territory-sponsorship-applicants-583067/)

Safaet Jan 10th 2009 4:57 am

Thread for State or Territory Sponsorship Applicants

Hello,
From 1 January 2009, the new Ministerial Direction gives priority
processing to applications strictly in the following order:

1. employer sponsorship; then
2. State or Territory Sponsorship; then .....

As per the new CSL, the priority processing will be a great favor for the State or Territory Sponsorship applicants.
Can we track these changes separately? All State or Territory Sponsored candidates please update your changes here so that we can have a look for the forum what is happening?

Thank you very Much.

Safaet

shar07 Jan 10th 2009 9:27 am

Re: Thread for State or Territory Sponsorship Applicants

Hi we are 176 WA sponsored, June 30th Visa submitted, OH on CSL, 3 meds finalised 1 outstanding - waiting for CO (very patiently):rofl:

Danish Jan 10th 2009 9:37 am

Hello ,

I have applied for 475 state sponsorship for SA on 19 Nov'08...

All the very best:thumbsup:

Safaet Jan 10th 2009 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by shar07 (Post 7147961)
Hi we are 176 WA sponsored, June 30th Visa submitted, OH on CSL, 3 meds finalised 1 outstanding - waiting for CO (very patiently):rofl:

Hope, you will get CO soon.
BTW, where are you from? High risk or low risk country?

shar07 Jan 10th 2009 3:36 pm

Thanks hopefully we will hear soon, we are from UK so low risk, hope you hear soon too.:thumbsup:

Eammon Jan 10th 2009 5:35 pm

We're also 176 State Sponsored Applicants, although we only lodged on 24 November, so probably too early to expect anything to be happening yet.

Denise

Safaet Jan 10th 2009 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Eammon (Post 7149304)
We're also 176 State Sponsored Applicants, although we only lodged on 24 November, so probably too early to expect anything to be happening yet.

Denise

Some new things are happening now. If DIAC is sorting/filtering the 176/475 application up to December 2008 for CO allocation......then definitely there's the possibility:thumbsup:

Eammon Jan 10th 2009 9:37 pm

Would be nice..... It'll be interesting to see over the next few weeks what happens with regards to CO's and visa grants.

Denise

Safaet Jan 11th 2009 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Eammon (Post 7150115)
Would be nice..... It'll be interesting to see over the next few weeks what happens with regards to CO's and visa grants.

Denise

Let's check another week. I think we will get an indication......

Nimra Jan 12th 2009 2:25 am

Hi

I apologize if my question is little unrelated,
I want to apply for Vic state sponsorship (onshore) does any one have idea how long it takes to be sponsored, as on website its stated it takes up to 8 weeks, Has one sponsored in 4 or 5 weeks time?
Thanks
Nim

Safaet Jan 12th 2009 4:01 am

Originally Posted by Nimra (Post 7154593)
Hi

I apologize if my question is little unrelated,
I want to apply for Vic state sponsorship (onshore) does any one have idea how long it takes to be sponsored, as on website its stated it takes up to 8 weeks, Has one sponsored in 4 or 5 weeks time?
Thanks
Nim

usually, Victoria is taking 8 weeks for a decision.

rose1 Jan 12th 2009 10:16 pm

I got my VIC sponsorship(Secondary School Teacher) after 4 weeks, however, this happened in June 2007 and I am still waiting for my visa.

Cenzo Jan 12th 2009 10:48 pm

Don't want to sound pessimistic, but I am just unable to get an answer on this one from the Immi website. Maybe you guys know better.
But what if the purpose of prioritizing the State sponsorship route gives the Federal government an opportunity to evaluate State requirements more radically, thus dealing a blow to the massive backlog they have.

I think all the State governments have already re-aligned their requirements in line with the global changes. I cannot see my ASCO code on the SA list anymore, just as an example. At the end of the day if the State now claims to have no need in your specific area, it make the decision easier for them.

Where I was once quite relaxed about things, and my applicaiton was submitted last Feb..! I am more concerned now. Vin :(

Safaet Jan 18th 2009 4:24 am

Originally Posted by Cenzo (Post 7159225)
Don't want to sound pessimistic, but I am just unable to get an answer on this one from the Immi website. Maybe you guys know better.
But what if the purpose of prioritizing the State sponsorship route gives the Federal government an opportunity to evaluate State requirements more radically, thus dealing a blow to the massive backlog they have.

I think all the State governments have already re-aligned their requirements in line with the global changes. I cannot see my ASCO code on the SA list anymore, just as an example. At the end of the day if the State now claims to have no need in your specific area, it make the decision easier for them.

Where I was once quite relaxed about things, and my applicaiton was submitted last Feb..! I am more concerned now. Vin :(

I'm on the same boat after the change of Victoria's list on 12th January!! Waiting.................

ameleee Jan 19th 2009 12:52 am

Hi there,

I'm in application for RSMS which clearly falls under (1) employer sponsorship below. As my employer is a government agency, would it fall under (2) as well? OK this is not that important as it's already number 1 but i'm just curious would the combination of the 2 put the application on a higher priority.

I'm from a low risk country. What is a reasonable time frame i can expect to have my RSMS approved? I have no dependents, physically fit and from an English speaking country. I was told up to 1 year by my employer HR, and from forums it seemed to range between 3 months to a year. The last i heard from my HR, was in early Dec when i was offered the letter of offer. I assume that was when my application was lodged with DIAC by my employer then.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Safaet (Post 7147475)
Hello,
From 1 January 2009, the new Ministerial Direction gives priority
processing to applications strictly in the following order:

1. employer sponsorship; then
2. State or Territory Sponsorship; then ......

Safaet