British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Thought i had sussed TRA form? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/thought-i-had-sussed-tra-form-277958/)

wallabyWannabe Jan 16th 2005 7:59 pm

Thought i had sussed TRA form?

Hi guys thought i had the TRA form sussed but i have started doubting.
question is
bottom of question 2,3 and 4 it states "Attatch details of content and nature of course and proof of successfull completion"
Well all along i assumed that the copies of my certificates would do this without me writing anything at all as they describe courses and prove completion?
but the closer im getting to completion of form the more unsure i am and would love somebody who has been there done it, to verify this either way so that i will be able to sleep at night when i finally send it of
Thanks to all the people who have allready helped with previous questions and again any help or comments is greatly appreciated
cheers Rich

angel17796 Jan 16th 2005 9:10 pm

Re: Thought i had sussed TRA form?

Originally Posted by wallabyWannabe
question is
bottom of question 2,3 and 4 it states "Attatch details of content and nature of course and proof of successfull completion"
Well all along i assumed that the copies of my certificates would do this without me writing anything at all as they describe courses and prove completion?
but the closer im getting to completion of form the more unsure i am and would love somebody who has been there done it, to verify this either way so that i will be able to sleep at night when i finally send it of
Thanks to all the people who have allready helped with previous questions and again any help or comments is greatly appreciated
cheers Rich

Oh my god!!! my partners the main applicant and we sent ours off a good wee while now. Hes an electrician and has been qualified for about 5 year i think now. We sent ours away with all certificates and his apprenticeship details but now after reading some threads on here, we are seriously starting to panic. I just hope we have put enough information in!!!! lol

Good luck with your tho and i hope u get it done ok. Fingers crossed

68MEVY Jan 16th 2005 9:43 pm

Hi, I did this last year and got a positive assessment from TRA-applied as a hairdresser.
I included all certificates including ones I consider rubbish like involvement in competitions. I also payed the college where I did my training a visit and got a tutor to just write on headed paper that I attended the course between such dates. I also had a reference that a work mate wrote as I couldn't ask my bosses as first boss died then second one went off travelling the world, business doesn't exist anymore so they couldn't even follow it up but I got a + result within about 2 mths

angel17796 Jan 16th 2005 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Hi, I did this last year and got a positive assessment from TRA-applied as a hairdresser.
I included all certificates including ones I consider rubbish like involvement in competitions. I also payed the college where I did my training a visit and got a tutor to just write on headed paper that I attended the course between such dates. I also had a reference that a work mate wrote as I couldn't ask my bosses as first boss died then second one went off travelling the world, business doesn't exist anymore so they couldn't even follow it up but I got a + result within about 2 mths

Oh thats good news!!! hope ur application is goin okay. He sent all that and also had headed letter with the company he worked for during and after his apprenticeship. He works for an angency now but has done for past 2 years and they wrote him a letter as well. Just hope it enough

68MEVY Jan 16th 2005 10:33 pm

you've sent more than I sent so should be good news

bridiej Jan 17th 2005 7:21 am

Hi WW

In answer to your question, we have attached all the certificates but have also detailed what was learnt on the courses.

Vic&jase Sep 1st 2005 4:22 pm

We listed the module titles that Huzza covered over the two years, plus certs and references. He is one of those irritating people that keep everything though and had all his course work which I had asked him to throw away years ago.

He delighted in saying, "See, told you I might need it one day"

enough said.....

Just to add, not feeling smug at all as we have real worries about other things. Just in case you all though 'bully for you!'

Vic&jase Sep 1st 2005 4:44 pm

Panicking with you....like mad.....will be gutted.

Mhairi Sep 1st 2005 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by wallabyWannabe
question is
cheers Rich

In addition to the Certificates, I am enclosing the City and Guilds syllabus in Carpentry and Joinery and course notes and handouts. I'm not an expert though. I've done my TRA without an agent and will send off next week, probably wishing I'd used an agent!

wallabyWannabe Sep 1st 2005 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by Mhairi
In addition to the Certificates, I am enclosing the City and Guilds syllabus in Carpentry and Joinery and course notes and handouts. I'm not an expert though. I've done my TRA without an agent and will send off next week, probably wishing I'd used an agent!

Hi i included my certificates and like somebody suggested, also wrote down a list of content and nature of courses, mine was basically the course syllabus which i got from my college but because my course was older i used the same format and rearranged it to suit what i covered and for my other stuff i put down the title and then for each title a subtitle of seperate modules relating to that title
all this must have been acceptable as i received a positive result from the TRA
hope this helps

Vic&jase Sep 2nd 2005 10:27 am

Have a little faith man............

ShellnTez Sep 2nd 2005 6:16 pm

we got a ref from terry's college tutor to say he completed 3 years apprenticeship and that he taught him, also we got a letter from the training group and contract of apprenticeship, there was also a letter to confirm he had completed training. we also sent a complete syllabus. the employment reference written by his employer with whom he did his apprenticeship stated which college he went to and the syllabus covered which tied everything together to make it easier to understand, if that makes sense, but terry says it doesn't.
shell