Thinking of making the move

Old Jun 12th 2013, 5:17 am
Just Joined

Pampered princess is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking of making the move

Hello everyone. New on the forum so looking for some current views.

Myself and husband are both UK qualified secondary teachers (Chemistry and Physics respectively) with over 12 years teaching experience in the UK and Middle East. I know secondary teachers are still on the shortage list, but what I would like to know is if there really are jobs readily available - I have seen that some people are struggling to secure a full time contract and have to resort to supply.

Our first choice would be Brisbane, but we are flexible. We are also thinking about NZ, but no longer on the shortage list

We have enough points to lodge the EOI but don't want all the hassle and expense if we can't secure jobs.

TIA
Old Jun 12th 2013, 2:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of making the move

I think you stand much better chances as science teachers than many other teachers.
Old Jan 1st 2014, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

sprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nice
Default Re: Thinking of making the move

Hi I have worked with a lot of newly arrived teachers in Brisbane in the last 6 months and all of them have secured contracts in the western suburbs of Brisbane, I was under the impression that their is a shortage at the moment
Shelley
<snip>

Last edited by old.sparkles; Jan 1st 2014 at 10:08 am. Reason: please see site rules regarding advertising in posts