are these people giving out wrong info??

Old Mar 14th 2011, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

smvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nice
Default are these people giving out wrong info??

i recently attended a working abroad expo.after an hour in a queue for one immigration company, we were told that my oh aqf cert 111 was now invalid and had to be redone in the uk at a cost of 2200 euro.she also told us that tra were no longer over any trades and that you had to have 12 mths out of the last 24 mths worked in your nominated occupation along with a job offer to qualify for 457. needless to say we left a bit bewilded and a bit disappointed.is any of this info correct or did i miss something along the way?
Old Mar 15th 2011, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: are these people giving out wrong info??

You need to look at the DIAC website on the ASRI list. This details the occupations, a description for the occupation and also the assessment authority for it. Some trades from specific countries are no longer assessed by the TRA but others might be. You have to look at your occupation specifically to see which authority you need to approach.

There are also requirements as far as the visa is concerned where you will need a certain amount of work experience in the last few years to qualify. Again you have to look specifically at your occupation and the visa you are applying for.

The 457 is an employer sponsored visa, therefore it cannot be granted without a sponsor. You would need to have a job offer in order to qualify for this visa.

As for your AQF Cert III no longer being valid. You'll have to provide a bit more as to how this was obtained, when, where etc. etc.

Your place to start is the DIAC website though.

http://www.immi.gov.au/
Old Mar 15th 2011, 8:40 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Some occupations require a proper skills assessment done, if applicants come from certain countries, as a prerequisite to 457 visa. Electricians also require a gap training to be completed. Any of this sound familiar in context of 12 months experience?
Old Mar 15th 2011, 11:48 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smvh
i recently attended a working abroad expo.after an hour in a queue for one immigration company, we were told that my oh aqf cert 111 was now invalid and had to be redone in the uk at a cost of 2200 euro.she also told us that tra were no longer over any trades and that you had to have 12 mths out of the last 24 mths worked in your nominated occupation along with a job offer to qualify for 457. needless to say we left a bit bewilded and a bit disappointed.is any of this info correct or did i miss something along the way?
TRA remains the skills assessment body for many trade skills occupations.

What is your occupation please?

And how long had the person you were speaking with been involved with Australian migration?

Agreed that a job offer is needed when seeking to progress a subclass 457 visa application.

Best regards.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

smvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nice

my husband is a bricklayer and this lady was told this,i dont know how long she is with this company but she was in her late forties.my oh completed his aqf cert in bricklaying here in ireland in march 2009,a lovely man from the master builders of australia came to do it,this person told us it was no longer valid and that he had to do the pratical part of it again in the uk not in ireland, at a cost of 2200 euros. i know you have to have a job in place in order to get a 457 visa but i didnt think you had to have 12 mths out of the last 24 months worked prior to the application,were very confused now.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:25 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

See here for commentary:
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...employee.htm#e
and
http://www.deewr.gov.au/Skills/Progr...ages/home.aspx

For a permanent visa application bricklayers in Ireland are now required to undertake the VETASSESS process for tradies:
http://www.vetassess.com.au/migrate_...ade_skills.cfm

Vic Uni is also capable of undertaking the skills assessment process:
http://www.vu.edu.au/higher-ed-and-t...isa-assessment

Best regards.