Wikiposts

Is There Anything Happening??

Old Oct 28th 2004, 5:50 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future
Default Re: Is There Anything Happening??

Originally Posted by JIVEBABE
At last we have some good news. Pre July, non-MODL applicant, March 04. We had notification that our AOS bond was to be lodged at Centrelink. No interview for the assurer just lodged the bond and handed the certificate back to Centrelink-just like that! Can't quite believe it, after all the worry regarding Centrelink processing etc! Guess we're back to waiting but hey-it's cheered me up no end, and I can only guess how good it feels to gettthe visa-cos this feels amazing and we have a little way to go yet! Hold on everyone we're all on our way now!
Hi

I am happy for ya. Tell me one thing how come you got the request for bond. DIMIA has its ways hmmm
can you shed some light as well as your timeline ?

Cheer and Congrats on the progress
Badri
Old Oct 28th 2004, 5:53 am
jimmy

jimmy011 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi jivebabe, are you plain 136 or some sponsored category and did you only received request for bond or request for medical also.
cheers
jimmy
Old Oct 28th 2004, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

JIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by badri
Hi

I am happy for ya. Tell me one thing how come you got the request for bond. DIMIA has its ways hmmm
can you shed some light as well as your timeline ?

Cheer and Congrats on the progress
Badri
Here's the whole story. After waiting for ages and going through all the emotion of 1st July changes and introduction of Centrelink for aos bonds associated with 138 applications, our assurer got the request for lodgment of bond! The story is scary though:

The exchange rate went up so I decided to send the bond money to the assurer, totally off my own initiative I may add. We sent off our meds and pc's unrequested in August. I phoned him to let him know what we had done. He informed us he is going away to Thailand for a month on Friday :shock: . He asked if he should contact Centrelink to see if he can lodge the bond before he goes. I said he could try but be prepared to get a short sharp responce! I texted this morning to see if he had phoned and he texted back to say he had lodged the bond and all documention was back with Centrelink-all done! Well you could have knocked me down with a feather! I had to phone to see how he had managed it! He said that infact Centrelink had written to him on 20th Oct giving him 14 days to lodge the bond (no interview!) they had sent the letter to his old address! I notified DIMIA he had changed his address last month :shock: ! If he hadn't rung them we would never had known and our application may have been invalidated! How wierd is that!! Anyway I'm not going to torture myself with what might have happened-it's all done and hopefully the grant is just around the corner!!
Old Oct 28th 2004, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

alamo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
The person ultimately responsible is the Minister. Why don't you send her an email or a fax:
http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/contact/index.htm

I have had my say through the Migration Institute of Australia (see my posting here:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=262593&page=2) ...

Best regards.

Alan,

Thanks for input. Mostly I'm just blowing off steam, however I do also think that there are some valid points and that emotions do run high at times. Have been pretty composed most of the time !! (honest)

Regards Alamo