Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Are there any INSTRUMENT TECHNICIANS out there?

Are there any INSTRUMENT TECHNICIANS out there?

Old Jan 13th 2011, 11:37 am
Just Joined

Sebahat will become famous soon enough
Default Are there any INSTRUMENT TECHNICIANS out there?

Good afternoon everyone,

I`m new to this Forum so let me introduce myself first.
Myself Alex (31), my hubby Chris (35) and our 2 daughters, Jessica 4 and Veronica 11 months are moving to Mandurah(near Perth) in the next couple of weeks. Well, hopefully if everything goes smoothly we can be there in March.

I just wanted to find out if there are any INSTRUMENT TECHNICIANS emigrating to Australia on this forum and if there would be anyone in the same trade as my hubby is and what your views on the jobs are.
We`ve just sent Chris` application off to ARTC and waiting for the results.
Is anyone in the same situation or been through that already.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 11:43 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are there any INSTRUMENT TECHNICIANS out there?

Hi there and welcome to B.E.

I'm posting to give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site in general. You can contact me here.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries including Australia can be found here.

Any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

I have to confess that I don't even know what an instrument technician is - I somehow doubt that this is a new term for a piano tuner. Someone will be along soon I'm sure to help you out.

Enjoy B.E.

Alistair.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Sebahat will become famous soon enough

Hi Alistair,

Thanks for all the info and welcoming us here.

Lol, that was good, Instrument Technicians are people who mantain, repair and deal with instrumentation systems like power plants and so on.
Hope I can find someone in the same field here :-)

Cheers and have a good day

Alex
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

qadeer591 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the group.

I am an instrumentation engineer from India.
I will be immigrating in next 1-2 years.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 5:23 pm

Figment has a brilliant futureFigment has a brilliant futureFigment has a brilliant futureFigment has a brilliant futureFigment has a brilliant futureFigment has a brilliant futureFigment has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sebahat
Good afternoon everyone,

I`m new to this Forum so let me introduce myself first.
Myself Alex (31), my hubby Chris (35) and our 2 daughters, Jessica 4 and Veronica 11 months are moving to Mandurah(near Perth) in the next couple of weeks. Well, hopefully if everything goes smoothly we can be there in March.

I just wanted to find out if there are any INSTRUMENT TECHNICIANS emigrating to Australia on this forum and if there would be anyone in the same trade as my hubby is and what your views on the jobs are.
We`ve just sent Chris` application off to ARTC and waiting for the results.
Is anyone in the same situation or been through that already.
My Husband is an Instrumentation Engineer and we are also Perth bound. Not done any serious job hunting yet as we have just gone to priority 2 processing and are awaiting CO.
He has been looking at some jobs he can do as he workings in shipping and has seen quite a few on jobsites.
Good luck with the move.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 9:12 am
Just Joined

Warmapple is an unknown quantity at this point

I am duel trade with inst and elec. if that helps? I live in Mandurah too
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 10:27 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Normally in my experience (and as an employer of a few) likw Warmapple, here they are dual trained that is Electrical AND Instrument.
Good E&I techs are like rocking horse shit and get good salaries. However I suspect your hubby may to get his electric ticket here too.

Also to other posters, there is huge difference between technicians and engineers in terms of qualifications and salary.