Wikiposts

ten days bfore passport evidencing??

Old May 20th 2005, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

LauraIreland will become famous soon enough
Default ten days bfore passport evidencing??

Hi everyone,

someone has just posted me that it takes UK mission ten days to get all info before it will start passport evidencing, does anyone know about this?
Have gone ahead and booked my flights under the assumption it just takes five have I ****ed up?
Laura
Old May 20th 2005, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: ten days bfore passport evidencing??

Originally Posted by LauraIreland
Hi everyone,

someone has just posted me that it takes UK mission ten days to get all info before it will start passport evidencing, does anyone know about this?
Have gone ahead and booked my flights under the assumption it just takes five have I ****ed up?
Laura
Hi Laura
Did you receive a visa evidence info letter (AHC) with your grant letter? On the letter it says to wait 5 working days before you send passports off to AHC London for evidencing. I waited 4 days then sent them (I'm impatient and just wanted them ASAP). Sent on Monday and they were back on Friday. So yes, in theory it takes 10 days in total from the date of visa grant. If I was in your position I would send them off straight away, maybe with a note saying that you already had flights to Oz booked. Make sure you send them by Special Delivery and enclose a Self Addressed Special Delivery Envelope. You can then track them (ask the PO to give you the reference number thats on the return envelope also, then you can check when AHC have sent them back to you). You should hopefully have them back in time for when you fly.

Good luck

Tracy - K on its way
Old May 20th 2005, 6:19 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Laura

Ours went of Thursday last week and took a week
Old May 20th 2005, 6:34 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone,

Laura
blimey! you dont let the grass grow under yer feet do ya!
change username to RoadRunner
Old May 20th 2005, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

alwin328 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulf
blimey! you dont let the grass grow under yer feet do ya!
change username to RoadRunner
hello...

My grant letter says that the visa will be evidenced within 5 working days from the date of submitting the passport. My evidencing to be done in Dubai..

my grant letter never asked me to wait for 5 days before sending the passport for evidencing....I this only for the AHC London..

Plz. advise ..

Thanks
Old May 20th 2005, 7:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Laura
Ihope you aren't relying on the postal system to get it back to you.....

Hope it works out OK.
Old May 20th 2005, 8:03 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Hope it works out OK.
lol, Think you just made it a VERY long weekend for her!
Old May 20th 2005, 11:03 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Hope it works out OK.

If there is an urgent need to travel (which can be proved) the AHC London may allow visas to be evidenced a different way. Passports can be sent up by courier and collected in a day or two personally.

Best thing to do is *fax* the AHC London and ask for instructions.

Jeremy
Old May 20th 2005, 11:09 pm
Karma to make me calmer!

Tops has a spectacular aura aboutTops has a spectacular aura aboutTops has a spectacular aura about

Hi everyone,

Laura
Could you change your flights? If you booked online contact the airline directly to request a change.

Maybe contact the AHC for any special evidencing service they may have and see if you can change your booking at the same time. This way you are dealing with both constraints at the sametime.

You will be fine. Hey, it could be worse, in the bigger scheme of things this is not stopping you from going! You have come this far so if you do have to pay again for another ticket, so what, you going to Oz!!!;-)

T.
Old May 20th 2005, 11:34 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Laura
I got my visa grant e-mail on Fri am and sent my passports Monday am - had the passports back on the Saturday - I wouldn't risk it though and would do what JAJ has suggested.

Good luck!
Lynn
p.s sending you some lucky karma!
Old May 22nd 2005, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

LauraIreland will become famous soon enough

Thanks everyone, I think I will see if I can collect it personally.
I received an email not a letter and it said nothing about five days before sending it!!
I am very anxious to get back, I was supposed to start work on the 5th of April, I will be two months late hence the rush!
thanks again forthe help,
Laura

Last edited by LauraIreland; May 22nd 2005 at 2:21 am. Reason: hungover spelling mistakes