Temporary residence X-rays

Old Mar 20th 2003, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

sundarize is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Temporary residence X-rays

My wife and I have had X-rays done in support of a 457IE visa application.

I was told by the hospital that kids under 11years do not need them.

But it has since been suggested to us that this is only because kids do not legally have to attend school until the age of 11 (although I think that has been revised as of 1/1/03 by Oz Government to 6years, but thats another matter).

Its suggested to us that if we intend to put our kids through school (they're 4yrs and 1yrs currently) that they have to have a medical.

Any expert advise?
Old Mar 20th 2003, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

bleggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Temporary residence X-rays

Hey there buddy

I have asked the same question this morning through the agents. If the kids are expected to be attending school during the 4 year length of the visa they will likely ask for medicals. I would expect, therefore, that both yours and all ours will have medicals requested.

Tell your wife to put more effort into her exercising. Poor show!

Cheers

M
Old Mar 20th 2003, 11:16 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Kids medical are required for 457 categories - but the x ray part are not required for under 11s

My two went through this a year ago, urine and minor other obs, eyes, weight, height, reflex.

cheers
Old Mar 20th 2003, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

springflower will become famous soon enough

Hi
Yes the kids will need medicals if they are attending school. Dont worry too much though, my boys aged 12 and 8 had thiers last week and its noting for them to worry about. My 8 year old thought it was hilarious peeing into a small bowl :-)

Jan :-)
Old Mar 20th 2003, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by springflower
Hi
Yes the kids will need medicals if they are attending school. Dont worry too much though, my boys aged 12 and 8 had thiers last week and its noting for them to worry about. My 8 year old thought it was hilarious peeing into a small bowl :-)

Jan :-)

Kids have all the fun!!
Old Mar 20th 2003, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Temporary residence X-rays

Originally posted by bleggy
Hey there buddy

I have asked the same question this morning through the agents. If the kids are expected to be attending school during the 4 year length of the visa they will likely ask for medicals. I would expect, therefore, that both yours and all ours will have medicals requested.

Tell your wife to put more effort into her exercising. Poor show!

Cheers

M

Hi Bleggy,

Have you booked your Xrays yet? We went to Claremont Hospital in Sheffield. They skanked us for £50 each. Other members reported the going rate as £35. The other obvious choice for us is Nuffield Hosp in Nottingham. I might compare prices for the kids medicals.

Girls are at Body Combat, so better be nice to them!!!