Wikiposts

Temporary entry visa

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 9:06 pm
mackem lad

ian gibson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Temporary entry visa

Hi all,
We have been offered sponsorship (4 yrs )to perth area. my wife is a nurse.We have been told as soon as we reach OZ to apply for permanent residency.Our points total is currently 115 without job offer.My question is how easy is it in Oz to apply for permanent residency?sponsorship is by the dept.of justice
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 9:23 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Temporary entry visa

Ian,

Maybe I haven't interpreted your question correctly, but it is as easy to apply for a general skilled visa when you are in Australia as it is when you are outside Australia - save only to say that:

1. The required documents for the skills assessment and visa applications might be more accessible for you in the UK.

2. You would have to hop offshore when the skilled visa is ready to be granted:
http://www.gomatilda.com/visas/faqs.cfm#04

As to whether you can apply for a general skilled visa, you say you have 115 points presently. Is this with your wife as the main applicant? As a nurse she would have MODL points available, and with a job offer she should be looking at a further 5 points.

Another option might be to apply for an onshore permanent residency visa via an employer sponsored visa (eg an Employer Nomination Scheme or Labour Agreement visa), if your or your wife's employer is happy to commit to such a strategy.

If you want to discuss matters please feel able to call John Sylvester in our Southampton office on 023 80 488777.

Best regards.

Originally posted by ian gibson
Hi all,
We have been offered sponsorship (4 yrs )to perth area. my wife is a nurse.We have been told as soon as we reach OZ to apply for permanent residency.Our points total is currently 115 without job offer.My question is how easy is it in Oz to apply for permanent residency?sponsorship is by the dept.of justice
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 10:43 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ian gibson
Hi all,
Hi Ian,

Sounds like you're being advised to apply for an ENS visa. This option is normally quicker than any offshore skilled visa and doesn't involve dashing offshore for the visa grant. If, on arrival, you find that employer nomination is viable, you can pursue that, or just go down the skilled independent route. Hard to see how a nurse under 45 with a job offer could have less than 120 points - has she been out of the labour market for a period?

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Jul 4th 2004, 12:12 am
mackem lad

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Ian,

Maybe I haven't interpreted your question correctly, but it is as easy to apply for a general skilled visa when you are in Australia as it is when you are outside Australia - save only to say that:

1. The required documents for the skills assessment and visa applications might be more accessible for you in the UK.

2. You would have to hop offshore when the skilled visa is ready to be granted:
http://www.gomatilda.com/visas/faqs.cfm#04

As to whether you can apply for a general skilled visa, you say you have 115 points presently. Is this with your wife as the main applicant? As a nurse she would have MODL points available, and with a job offer she should be looking at a further 5 points.

Another option might be to apply for an onshore permanent residency visa via an employer sponsored visa (eg an Employer Nomination Scheme or Labour Agreement visa), if your or your wife's employer is happy to commit to such a strategy.

If you want to discuss matters please feel able to call John Sylvester in our Southampton office on 023 80 488777.

Best regards.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 12:14 am
mackem lad

Thank you Alan and George i have e-mailed you both with more info