Telephoned AHC this morning

Old May 17th 2002, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough
Default Telephoned AHC this morning

Well hi all
Decided i would telephone london this morning and just make an enquirey on how our application was doing . Got through to a really lovely chap , who took the file number then confirmed the application went in september 2001 , asked if we had front loaded medicals and police checks , i in return said yes, then he asked was either of us a nurse , sadly no i said . he then said we are still quoting 20 months to everyone . He said to ring back in a few months he couldnt tell me no more , so it looks like we are in for the whole wait of 20 months ( skilled independant ) never mind ,
Joanne
Old May 17th 2002, 10:56 am
col
BE Enthusiast

col is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Telephoned AHC this morning

Chin up girl,

It will soon whistle by,
You never know things can change and the process will speed up!

Col
Old May 17th 2002, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Cheers Col
I know you should never say never eh !!!!
Love your picture is it a good likeness ???

Thanks though Joanne
Old May 17th 2002, 11:03 am
col
BE Enthusiast

col is an unknown quantity at this point

HMMMMMM BEEEEEERRRRRR!!!!

about the same amount of hair as well!!!!!!!!!!!!

Col
Old May 17th 2002, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Brillant !!!!!
At least you lot will keep us all going till we get to end of all this which is great .

Cheers Joanne
Old May 17th 2002, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Hi Joanne

Poor you, it's tough going, this 20 month wait stuff, but DON'T worry, I'm sure you'll get that all important letter before you know it....they must need people besides nurses and it people (you would think anyway!!)

Keep smiling

love sophia x
Old May 17th 2002, 7:32 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hey watch it sophia...whats wrong with nurses.....lol
Old May 17th 2002, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

AS IF I'd want to keep you out Yvonne ))
Old May 17th 2002, 9:20 pm
Helen Heal

Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking you these questions, but I read your comment
about ringing Australian House and it got me thinking...

I just wondered if you sent in your application under Skilled Independant with the
Medicals and Police Checks already done and attached to your application.

My husband and I applied under the same category in Mid August and have heard
nothing, but we did send the medicals and police checks in at the same time according
to the information given to us.

After reading some of these statements on this website and I have begun to doubt
whether we should have waited to have been instructed by the case officer to do this
in the future? as the medicals are only valid for a year!? I would love to hear any
comments you may have...

Surely if it's taking 20 months to process then we shouldn't have been asked to
submit our medicals in the first place? who knows eh?

Helen

"jopaulss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Well hi all Decided i would telephone london this morning and just make an enquirey
    > on how our application was doing . Got through to a really lovely chap , who took
    > the file number then confirmed the application went in september 2001 , asked if we
    > had front loaded medicals and police checks , i in return said yes, then he asked
    > was either of us a nurse , sadly no i said . he then said we are still quoting 20
    > months to everyone . He said to ring back in a few months he couldnt tell me no
    > more , so it looks like we are in for the whole wait of 20 months ( skilled
    > independant ) never mind , Joanne
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Old May 18th 2002, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Lisa B is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Hope you're well!!

Thanks for your message - well done for getting the bottle to phone AHC - I'm a chicken and can only cope with email in case they get cross!! Pathetic eh?

Some of the threads on here have said they're processing May - July 2001, and if that's the case we'd get our visas sooner than we thought. But, suppose it's best to assume it's going to take 20 months then if they arrive sooner - it's a bonus.

In case anyone is interested, I emailed AHC for medical forms (cos I saw here that some people did that and they received them) but I was emailed back to say that they would supply me with medical forms when they're assessing our application. Booo!! I suppose in a way, it does save us having to re-do them if they expire. And also, once we do get the medical forms, we know that we can't be too far off getting the visa.

Anyway, I'm off to pack - off to Perth next week!!! Yee HA! Not until Sat, but getting so excited I can't sleep - the kids think I'm bonkers....they could have a point!

I'll be in touch soon.

Lisa B
X
Old May 18th 2002, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

hI all thanks for all the support your all great.
Regarding medicals spoke to our agent about that as its not our fault they have this back log and normally your application would go through within the year , they said an extension would be put on the medicals , but maybe only 6 months so lets hope it does go through before then . We orginally thought we had been given bad advice but i suppose these agents can only give you advice as to what is happening at that point ( im not sticking up for them at all though, because we found the same agent had told people at the same point as us not to do medicals upfront ) So to me these agents and people at AHC dont relly know what the other one is doing do they ?
There i have had a moan , feel alot better now
Joanne