Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Telephone Inquiries adversely affecting application.

Telephone Inquiries adversely affecting application.

Old Jul 5th 2009, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

australia_im is on a distinguished road
Question Telephone Inquiries adversely affecting application.

We have completed all our documentation requirements (including medicals and PCC) requested by DIAC almost about 3 months ago. Being on the MODL -CSL, we have been expecting visas to happen by now.

However, nothing has happened till date. Migration Agent says wait and watch, it will happen this month. But that is what he has said for the last two.

Will calling DIAC to inquire reciept of all documents and status of application in any way adversely affect our application. [We are now losing faith in the agent and wish to know if all is well with the application]. Does it show undue haste on our part or does it in no way affect the processing of our application.

Awaiting your prompts inputs/advice.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 5:51 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telephone Inquiries adversely affecting application.

Originally Posted by australia_im
We have completed all our documentation requirements (including medicals and PCC) requested by DIAC almost about 3 months ago. Being on the MODL -CSL, we have been expecting visas to happen by now.

However, nothing has happened till date. Migration Agent says wait and watch, it will happen this month. But that is what he has said for the last two.

Will calling DIAC to inquire reciept of all documents and status of application in any way adversely affect our application. [We are now losing faith in the agent and wish to know if all is well with the application]. Does it show undue haste on our part or does it in no way affect the processing of our application.

Wait. Patience is a virtue.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

INDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really nice

In your application did u authorize ur agent to communicate to DIAC? If yes, then ur queries to DIAC will be futile. DIAC will only communicate with ur agent.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: Telephone Inquiries adversely affecting application.

Originally Posted by INDOAUS
In your application did u authorize ur agent to communicate to DIAC? If yes, then ur queries to DIAC will be futile. DIAC will only communicate with ur agent.
Yes we have authorized the MA to contact DIAC. But our impression was that this was only for PLE/email inquiries.

Will they also refuse to discuss the document or appln status on telephone with us?.

How do we know that the agent is sending our documentation on time and is keeping us informed of the feedback from DIAC also on time.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 7:28 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt it would adversely affect the decision on your visa ... rather, iritate the person at diac who had to go find your case and find out whats happening.
as for length of time, there are applicants from nov 08 who are modl/csl who are still waiting for their visas, so if i were you id stop worrying and just wait, it will get to you.
and if your agent has fully submitted your application, its out of thier hands anyway ...
Old Jul 5th 2009, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: Telephone Inquiries adversely affecting application.

our appln is 14 months old. 3 months after CO asked for medical and Pcc and those were sent. Modl + Csl. Hope that puts our concerns in somewhat proper perspective.

Last edited by australia_im; Jul 5th 2009 at 7:36 pm. Reason: typo
Old Jul 5th 2009, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

INDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really nice

Yes we have authorized the MA to contact DIAC. But our impression was that this was only for PLE/email inquiries.

Will they also refuse to discuss the document or appln status on telephone with us?.

How do we know that the agent is sending our documentation on time and is keeping us informed of the feedback from DIAC also on time.
Ask your agent for receipt from DIAC, as prove that DIAC has received your documents.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

our appln is 14 months old. 3 months after CO asked for medical and Pcc and those were sent. Modl + Csl. Hope that puts our concerns in somewhat proper perspective.
If all documents are in order, all u can do is wait as DIAC goes through the various verification processes. BTW, I'm also patiently waiting.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

antifunky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by INDOAUS
This is COMPLETELY incorrect as I had the same case and there were extremely helpful with all my queries
Old Jul 6th 2009, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by antifunky
This is COMPLETELY incorrect as I had the same case and there were extremely helpful with all my queries
Honestly, I haven't tried myself -PLE or phone. Thanks for the info. Cheers.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

water man will become famous soon enough

YOu have paid 2000 dollars..you have all right to enquire in all means...it is their duty to provide the status...
Old Jul 6th 2009, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

Ahmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really nice

I call DIAC alot, maybe it is not the right thing to do, but you should know that people at DIAC call center are dedicated to serve you, me and everyone else.

However, you must know that DIAC keeps a record of all calls or PLEs sent to them, and DIAC will have your inquiries attached to your file. I know this from DIAC staff themselves.

I called once, and asked a question, and the lady said " sir, you have asked this question on May 2nd, but here is the answer again". Also, I sent a PLE in April, and received a reply in late June. The reply said " I noticed that your queries have been answered by phone, thanks for your letter to us...".

Try to call moderately, and you should be fine
Old Jul 6th 2009, 9:03 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ahmadj
I call DIAC alot, maybe it is not the right thing to do, but you should know that people at DIAC call center are dedicated to serve you, me and everyone else.

However, you must know that DIAC keeps a record of all calls or PLEs sent to them, and DIAC will have your inquiries attached to your file. I know this from DIAC staff themselves.

I called once, and asked a question, and the lady said " sir, you have asked this question on May 2nd, but here is the answer again". Also, I sent a PLE in April, and received a reply in late June. The reply said " I noticed that your queries have been answered by phone, thanks for your letter to us...".

Try to call moderately, and you should be fine
Your inquiries are attached to your file? If that's the case then they're gonna think you're a right pest! Leave them alone to do their job and they might just process your visa! lol *SIMPLES*
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Amit1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ideally, you should route your questions to DIAC thru your migration agent. However, you can still call DIAC directly and request them politely to address your concern provided you don't call them every now and then it should be fine. In some of the cases that I have read in this forum, they have actually taken the appropriate action (if thats possible) or otherwise they can provide you with some explanation like "your application is undergoing routine checks..." and you will then have to wait patiently. fingers crossed for you. good luck!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Have you or your agent been informed that the medicals have been safely received? If not it might be worth checking on that, otherwise I do not see any point in constantly phoning and pestering as some people have suggested.

If there were not thousands of people ringing up every week with such inane questions as "when will I get my visa" then perhaps the DIAC staff could actually get on with the job of processing visa applications. It's not rocket science is it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.