Wikiposts

Teaching in Victoria

Old Feb 1st 2009, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

Gordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really nice
Default Re: Teaching in Victoria

Originally Posted by Steven Aston
Hi everyone
Thanks again for your help. Unfortunately when the skills sponsored list was updated on 12th January, bricklayers were removed from the list. Therefore we now no longer qualify for state sponsorship to Victoria on a skilled sponsored visa. We are having to review our options. We still qualify for state sponsorship for Western Australia, South Australia and Northern Territories.
Any further information on teaching in Australia and in any of the states listed would be greatly appreciated.
Michelle
Hi

Going to a regional country school is a FANTASTIC experience and very different take on things than city!. You get to know the kids, parents and community really well. I loved my time in regional and rural Australia! Fantastic!. You could do much worse and there are great perks too!

I was teaching in Alice Springs (NT) and loved it. Many WA country schools are great too! They are different from outback however - that is even further out. See my other posts.

There are people on these forums on various threads who are from the UK, who will knock country and remote teaching, but many have never done it!. That is interesting!.

Cheers

Gordo
Old Feb 1st 2009, 4:10 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordo Marshall
Hi

Going to a regional country school is a FANTASTIC experience and very different take on things than city!. You get to know the kids, parents and community really well. I loved my time in regional and rural Australia! Fantastic!. You could do much worse and there are great perks too!

I was teaching in Alice Springs (NT) and loved it. Many WA country schools are great too! They are different from outback however - that is even further out. See my other posts.

There are people on these forums on various threads who are from the UK, who will knock country and remote teaching, but many have never done it!. That is interesting!.

Cheers

Gordo
Thanks Gordo, where are you teaching now, are you still in Oz?
Old Feb 1st 2009, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

Gordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Thanks Gordo, where are you teaching now, are you still in Oz?
Hello

I am in the career advising world following teaching in Alice Springs (2005). I went and read for a Masters in Careers Guidance & Development. Was working in that in schools, but mostly TAFE and university for a while in Australia since then, but just come back to the UK for a year and doing the same thing at a school in London (Y10 to Y12 Career Guidance). Coming back to Australia in 2010.

It is great fun working in a niche role in careers advising in a school with the Y12's etc. Very nice number if I may say so and very rewarding too. But as I have said in my other posts schools are often glad to have someone with a careers qualification at a good level, other than NVQ Cert 4 which is not career guidance (that is a training and assessors qualification as far as I can actually work out). It is extremely different indeed. Working on the Doctor of Education bit now in minority group career guidance which is getting there slowly but surely.

Best of luck with it all.

Gordo
Old Feb 1st 2009, 4:33 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordo Marshall
Hello

I am in the career advising world following teaching in Alice Springs (2005). I went and read for a Masters in Careers Guidance & Development. Was working in that in schools, but mostly TAFE and university for a while in Australia since then, but just come back to the UK for a year and doing the same thing at a school in London (Y10 to Y12 Career Guidance). Coming back to Australia in 2010.

It is great fun working in a niche role in careers advising in a school with the Y12's etc. Very nice number if I may say so and very rewarding too. But as I have said in my other posts schools are often glad to have someone with a careers qualification at a good level, other than NVQ Cert 4 which is not career guidance (that is a training and assessors qualification as far as I can actually work out). It is extremely different indeed. Working on the Doctor of Education bit now in minority group career guidance which is getting there slowly but surely.

Best of luck with it all.

Gordo
Thanks Gordo...
Old Feb 5th 2009, 4:36 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Any teachers actually managed to get out on a 175 visa yet? If so, what was your timescale?