teachers and visa questions!

Old Aug 29th 2014, 9:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: teachers and visa questions!

Originally Posted by Ravel
Going to a regional area with a job offer, staying 2 years you are able to apply for PR ( this is the information I received from an agent ) - that's why it better to seek expert advice. With the 457 it depends on the person as well and requirements, as far as I know with 457 you need to provide different evidences depending on the job ( English, experience, qualification, degrees... )
OMG this thread gets even worse with the misunderstandings.

No, you cannot go to a regional area for two years and get PR!

You might be vaguely alluding to the 489 regional visa, which requires two years in a regional area before progressing to PR. However there are pretty tough criteria to be met in the first place before the 489 visa can be obtained: job on CSOL or SOL, points test, skills assessment, state sponsor. A two year diploma will certainly not be enough to get a 489 visa.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 9:35 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Going to a regional area with a job offer, staying 2 years you are able to apply for PR ( this is the information I received from an agent ) - that's why it better to seek expert advice. With the 457 it depends on the person as well and requirements, as far as I know with 457 you need to provide different evidences depending on the job ( English, experience, qualification, degrees... )
I think you are thinking of RSMS which is a skilled temporary visa. To apply for this visa, you would need to pass the skills assessment in an occupation on the CSOL, find a state to sponsor you and meet the points criteria. With this visa, if you live in a regional area for 2 years, and work full time for at least 12 months, you would be eligible to apply for a PR visa.

None of this relies on Australian study or a job offer!

Please consider the advice you give, and I would advise against any further plugs for a specific group.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 9:36 am
Just Joined

Ravel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
There is no such thing as a work visa in Australia - there are working holiday visas and skilled migration.
I am just saying work visa because most of the visas are for work, there are many types of visas as you probably know since you live there
Old Aug 29th 2014, 9:41 am
Just Joined

Ravel is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you are thinking of RSMS which is a skilled temporary visa. To apply for this visa, you would need to pass the skills assessment in an occupation on the CSOL, find a state to sponsor you and meet the points criteria. With this visa, if you live in a regional area for 2 years, and work full time for at least 12 months, you would be eligible to apply for a PR visa.

Please consider the advice you give, and I would advise against any further plugs for a specific group.

thanks, I agree with you, I didn't mean you need to study, perhaps I didn't put it right, clearly you know what you are talking about so I leave it to you as you are more experienced - have a great day, cheers
Old Aug 29th 2014, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Londonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud of

infact i have friends that have been in there with the 457 for more than 3 years and still waiting....
very complicated!
Old Aug 29th 2014, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Londonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud of

RSMS seems to have been close in 2012
Old Aug 29th 2014, 10:49 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Londonertogooz
RSMS seems to have been close in 2012
Are you looking at the 489? This is a regional sponsored temporary visa with a path to PR.

I'm not sure if you can pass a skills assessment with QTS though - may be worth contacting AITSL.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

question
what states are currently sponsoring secondary teachers? tx
Old Aug 29th 2014, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Are you looking at the 489? This is a regional sponsored temporary visa with a path to PR.

I'm not sure if you can pass a skills assessment with QTS though - may be worth contacting AITSL.
tx! already got headache
Old Aug 29th 2014, 11:15 am

question
what states are currently sponsoring secondary teachers? tx
not sure off the top of my head - google can help. Try searching state sponsorship with each state - NSW, VIC, TAS, SA, WA, NT, QLD and ACT.

Secondary teachers are on the SOL though so you only need sponsorship if you cannot reach the points total. If you do go for sponsorship, they may ask for a number of years experience. You may also need experience to pass the skills assessment.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

not sure off the top of my head - google can help. Try searching state sponsorship with each state - NSW, VIC, TAS, SA, WA, NT, QLD and ACT.

Secondary teachers are on the SOL though so you only need sponsorship if you cannot reach the points total. If you do go for sponsorship, they may ask for a number of years experience. You may also need experience to pass the skills assessment.
i need 8 in IELS didnt do the test yet ....but I might not get 8 and therefore I dont have enough points....
Old Aug 29th 2014, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

off topic...
I still dont know why they have to make it so difficult!!!!!
teachers are on the SOL? Good so just dont do all this rubbish about age and the rest....grrrrr
Old Aug 29th 2014, 12:03 pm

i need 8 in IELS didnt do the test yet ....but I might not get 8 and therefore I dont have enough points....
off topic...
I still dont know why they have to make it so difficult!!!!!
teachers are on the SOL? Good so just dont do all this rubbish about age and the rest....grrrrr
I'm a spark - I have 9's in the academic IELTS - I wouldn't worry about it as long as you have a good standard of literacy.

It is not difficult - prove you have the skills required, prove that you have a good standard of English and have the experience and qualifications to back this up.

You're first worry should be 'do I have the skills required?' If you cannot pass a skills assessment, the rest is irrelevant.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

I'm a spark - I have 9's in the academic IELTS - I wouldn't worry about it as long as you have a good standard of literacy.

It is not difficult - prove you have the skills required, prove that you have a good standard of English and have the experience and qualifications to back this up.

You're first worry should be 'do I have the skills required?' If you cannot pass a skills assessment, the rest is irrelevant.
how do i prove that?
how can i see if i have them?
Old Aug 29th 2014, 12:18 pm

how do i prove that?
how can i see if i have them?

Assessment for Migration | Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.