teachers and visa questions!

Old Aug 28th 2014, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Londonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud of
Default Re: teachers and visa questions!

Originally Posted by Dorothy
The training visa is not permanent.
I know but it's a start then after 2 years of working with that visa it seems that i can apply for the permanent....
Old Aug 28th 2014, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you go and talk to a migration agent because you seem very confused. I cannot fathom whether you are, or want to be a teacher or a childcare worker, but comments on both below.

Childcare worker will not get you a visa, it is not in demand. The only childcare relate occupation currently in demand is the childcare centre manager and I think even that needs a degree and then whatever years experience is necessary to become a manager.

If you are a secondary teacher, with four year degree, then at the moment you might qualify for a visa, so stick with that option. I would think hard before taking a position in remote Australia, it could be a real culture shock and not the Australia you were thinking of.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Londonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud ofLondonertogooz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Why don't you go and talk to a migration agent because you seem very confused. I cannot fathom whether you are, or want to be a teacher or a childcare worker, but comments on both below.

Childcare worker will not get you a visa, it is not in demand. The only childcare relate occupation currently in demand is the childcare centre manager and I think even that needs a degree and then whatever years experience is necessary to become a manager.

If you are a secondary teacher, with four year degree, then at the moment you might qualify for a visa, so stick with that option. I would think hard before taking a position in remote Australia, it could be a real culture shock and not the Australia you were thinking of.
thank you
i would do remote australia for a bit Im brave
migration agents.... yes some of them knows less than we do...
early childhood teachers are also in the SOL list and if i do the diploma in australia then i can get the training visa,as a secondary teacher I need a visa before coming and I dont know how to get it....
Old Aug 28th 2014, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Londonertogooz
thank you
i would do remote australia for a bit Im brave
migration agents.... yes some of them knows less than we do...
early childhood teachers are also in the SOL list and if i do the diploma in australia then i can get the training visa,as a secondary teacher I need a visa before coming and I dont know how to get it....
Early childhood *teachers*. Quite different to diploma qualified early childhood workers. What training visa are you on about and how do you think you are going to get a permanent visa from it? Honestly, you are just not making any sense.

Are you a secondary school teacher or not? If you are then apply for a skilled migrant visa.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

I believe you would need a visa to come and study here anyway - not sure which you would be eligible for as I believe (could be wrong) that a student visa is for degree or higher level of study, unless you are at secondary school. The diploma you mention takes two years (not one) and you would pay international fees to get it. You would also not be guaranteed a 'training visa' at the end of it and would then have to go back to UK.

If you have a four year teaching degree then that would be your best route here. Secondary school teachers are (I think) on some state's list, although how much they are actually 'in demand' is debatable - given the amount of unemployed teachers over here

Your best bet would be to see a reputable MARA agent and get some advice. Good luck.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 8:05 am
Just Joined

Ravel is an unknown quantity at this point

I already have a degree but not in childcare.... would that count towards? and then i can study for the diploma and apply for the training visa there...
I am also getting my qualified teacher status this year (secondary)

Its better to get advice from a qualified agent - but if you study the Diploma of Early and Childhood you can apply for the TRV 402 and also go to a regional area for 2 years leading to PR - Paid Internships - Occupational Trainee Visa you can also change to another visa 457
Old Aug 29th 2014, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Early childhood *teachers*. Quite different to diploma qualified early childhood workers. What training visa are you on about and how do you think you are going to get a permanent visa from it? Honestly, you are just not making any sense.

Are you a secondary school teacher or not? If you are then apply for a skilled migrant visa.
I am considering this 2 routes, in the college website a childhood diploma is one year! in uk is 3 years...
I am getting my qualified teacher status this year in uk.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jilliebee
I believe you would need a visa to come and study here anyway - not sure which you would be eligible for as I believe (could be wrong) that a student visa is for degree or higher level of study, unless you are at secondary school. The diploma you mention takes two years (not one) and you would pay international fees to get it. You would also not be guaranteed a 'training visa' at the end of it and would then have to go back to UK.

If you have a four year teaching degree then that would be your best route here. Secondary school teachers are (I think) on some state's list, although how much they are actually 'in demand' is debatable - given the amount of unemployed teachers over here

Your best bet would be to see a reputable MARA agent and get some advice. Good luck.
Students visas can be obtained for any kind of study...vocational,english,college,uni,ma and so on... yes i need to talk better to an immi agent....
Old Aug 29th 2014, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ravel
Its better to get advice from a qualified agent - but if you study the Diploma of Early and Childhood you can apply for the TRV 402 and also go to a regional area for 2 years leading to PR - Paid Internships - Occupational Trainee Visa you can also change to another visa 457
permanent residency?
Old Aug 29th 2014, 9:12 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Can you explain how this leads to PR? And if it does, why would anyone then go to the temporary 457?
Old Aug 29th 2014, 9:15 am
Just Joined

the advantage of studying 2 years Diploma is that you fulfil the 2 years study requirement for work visa, plus you also qualify for the TRV 402. Since you will be working for 2 years during your study period in many different child care centres organised by the provider ( MEGT for example ) the chanced of building a relationship and huge network are great.

The good thing is that you not only can get the TRV but also other visas, like RSMS that could lead to PR - PLUS , you can also get credit for a bachelor of primary education so the 2 years are also valuable because you not only study, but you practice, get work experience and network which is important in this industry
Old Aug 29th 2014, 9:19 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

the advantage of studying 2 years Diploma is that you fulfil the 2 years study requirement for work visa, plus you also qualify for the TRV 402. Since you will be working for 2 years during your study period in many different child care centres organised by the provider ( MEGT for example ) the chanced of building a relationship and huge network are great.

The good thing is that you not only can get the TRV but also other visas, like RSMS that could lead to PR - PLUS , you can also get credit for a bachelor of primary education so the 2 years are also valuable because you not only study, but you practice, get work experience and network which is important in this industry
There is no such thing as a work visa in Australia - there are working holiday visas and skilled migration.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

thank you! but the diploma is one year not 2
also i already have a baccalaureate degree and i'm getting my post graduate education this year to be able to teach in primary and secondary schools
are you a migration agent? thanks
Old Aug 29th 2014, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Can you explain how this leads to PR? And if it does, why would anyone then go to the temporary 457?

Going to a regional area with a job offer, staying 2 years you are able to apply for PR ( this is the information I received from an agent ) - that's why it better to seek expert advice. With the 457 it depends on the person as well and requirements, as far as I know with 457 you need to provide different evidences depending on the job ( English, experience, qualification, degrees... )
Old Aug 29th 2014, 9:30 am
Just Joined

thank you! but the diploma is one year not 2
also i already have a baccalaureate degree and i'm getting my post graduate education this year to be able to teach in primary and secondary schools
are you a migration agent? thanks
Hi, I don't know which diploma you are referring to, but the ones I know are 90 weeks ,<snip>

If you have a degree its great Im not a migration agent, sorry - I was a lawyer so I take interest in checking this things, plus I have done my own visas and helped friends, that's it, every year they change so its important to be updated - sometimes what applies this year becomes obsolete next year, cheers

Last edited by old.sparkles; Aug 29th 2014 at 9:35 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.