Teacher Assessment / 175 Visa Application

Old Feb 13th 2009, 11:37 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teacher Assessment / 175 Visa Application

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
I've submitted without my IELTS test result, I will attach it later...have been told by an agent that this is not a problem...
The agent I spoke of, has told me to attach to my visa application that my IELTS exam has been booked, and that should be fine....
Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:28 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Primary School Teachers: With regards to the reference to be written by our Principals, mine's being done this week, apparently he's meant to outline 5 duties. How in depth were people's references, and any Primary School Teachers amongst this thread, what duties did you suggest he focus on? My Principal is allowing me to choose the 5 key duties and have an element of what goes into some of the reference, then he is going to tweak it and add his own little bits here and there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...ta
Old Feb 17th 2009, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

sjleroux is an unknown quantity at this point

Confused is probably not the best way to discribe this

I've decided that it's time for a new start in Brisbane, but didn't realise it was this complicated... I'm a secondary school teacher with 13 years of teaching experience....

Just got the paperwork for the QLD teacher registration, but then found out there's the Teaching Australia registration as well... ARGH!

What to do first?
QLD registration OR Teaching Australia OR IELTS OR what??!!

Any advice will be greatly appreciated....anyone going thru the same? or maybe someone that's just done this and can give me some advice PLEASE
Old Feb 18th 2009, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

So is that a bad thing or a good thing? You've a PGCE or BEd dont you!?
I don't get the question, I said before I gave TA my PGCE certificate and my degree cert (in my case a Bsc). Starting to feel like I'm going round in circles and just confusing everyone (myself included)
Old Feb 18th 2009, 6:27 am
Outback Club Member

Paddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sjleroux
What to do first?
QLD registration OR Teaching Australia OR IELTS OR what??!!
I have been through the process recently.

If you have enough points to qualify through the independent or sponsored route then you won't need to do the IELTS.

You will need approval from TA for the visa application.

You will need approval from QCT to be able to teach in Queensland.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:12 am
Just Joined

Hi there,

Thanks for the information.... I'm short of 5 points so I will have to do the stupid test

Did you wait for your test results before sending in any application for TA and QLD? Reading all the information I'm not sure whether my qualifications are enough? I studied a BA Language Degree in South Africa, then did my Education Diploma, also in South Africa and when I applied for British Citizenship I had to go thru the QTS/GTP program, all in all I've been teaching for 13 years (12 years in UK and 1 year in SA)...do you think there will be any difficulty from the TA to get my qualifications recognised?

Thanks again for your information, I spoke to Smart Teachers in Brisbane yesterday and they've never heard of TA and said I don't have to register, however looking at the application forms for the visa you have to do the Skills Assessment with TA, so I'll rather do that, as soon as I've passed the IELTS test.

Did you do it? Is it difficult?
Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:19 am
Outback Club Member

Paddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant future

The GTP route is not accepted as far as I am aware.

I did not need to do the IELTS test but I think it should not be a problem for you as a teacher.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:22 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Hi there,

Thanks for the information.... I'm short of 5 points so I will have to do the stupid test

Did you wait for your test results before sending in any application for TA and QLD? Reading all the information I'm not sure whether my qualifications are enough? I studied a BA Language Degree in South Africa, then did my Education Diploma, also in South Africa and when I applied for British Citizenship I had to go thru the QTS/GTP program, all in all I've been teaching for 13 years (12 years in UK and 1 year in SA)...do you think there will be any difficulty from the TA to get my qualifications recognised?

Thanks again for your information, I spoke to Smart Teachers in Brisbane yesterday and they've never heard of TA and said I don't have to register, however looking at the application forms for the visa you have to do the Skills Assessment with TA, so I'll rather do that, as soon as I've passed the IELTS test.

Did you do it? Is it difficult?
Hi, a lot of information has to be gathered together, evidence of your qualifications etc but it's not too bad. I'd say if you said to smart teachers 'Teaching Australia' instead of TA they'd know what you meant! You don't register with TA, they assess your skills for you, and are the main people to do it for us teachers...

http://www.teachingaustralia.edu.au/ta/go << here is their website...
Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:22 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Hi, a lot of information has to be gathered together, evidence of your qualifications etc but it's not too bad. I'd say if you said to smart teachers 'Teaching Australia' instead of TA they'd know what you meant! You don't register with TA, they assess your skills for you, and are the main people to do it for us teachers...

http://www.teachingaustralia.edu.au/ta/go << here is their website...
PS Morning Paddy, where have you been hiding? lol
Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:33 am
Just Joined

Hi Jen,

Thanks for that, I gathered now that I will have to do this Teaching Australia, just seems a waste of money, but hey ho..., I'm awaiting my original copies of my degree and diplomas from my mum and then I can get it certified and send off...

I'm a bit confused about the IELTS ... there seems to be 2 (Academic Module and General Training Module) is the GTM the course? as I'm only intending to do the test and not the course (went thru something similar doing my QTS/GTP)

What did you lodge first? Your TA or your (state) teaching registration?

Where abouts in Aus are you heading for?
Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:40 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Hi Jen,

Thanks for that, I gathered now that I will have to do this Teaching Australia, just seems a waste of money, but hey ho..., I'm awaiting my original copies of my degree and diplomas from my mum and then I can get it certified and send off...

I'm a bit confused about the IELTS ... there seems to be 2 (Academic Module and General Training Module) is the GTM the course? as I'm only intending to do the test and not the course (went thru something similar doing my QTS/GTP)

General Training. I cant press how you MUST have your skills assessed by TA first, as far as I'm aware without a positive skills assessment you wont be able to register with any states! Without the TA Skills Assessment you cant initiate your visa application!!! Tony Coates is a good agent on here to speak to, he's helped clarify a lot for me...
Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of

Hi Jen,

I have also just sent off my TA and I have booked the General IELTS test for March and then once I have both of these I will apply for the 175 visa. Following this I will then apply for QLD registration along with catholic schools etc....

Have you completed the GTP? TA dont accept this route check their frequently asked questions section as it shows here. Hope this helps Nicky
Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:53 am
Just Joined

now even more confused....how do I post something for Tony Coates? New to this and can't make any sense

Reading all material it mention that I need to have the Academic Module done by the IELTS?! what's the difference between that and the GTM??

Will TA accept my BA degree(3 years) and Teaching diploma(1 year) from a university in South Africa, or should I just give up now?
Old Feb 18th 2009, 8:00 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

now even more confused....how do I post something for Tony Coates? New to this and can't make any sense

Reading all material it mention that I need to have the Academic Module done by the IELTS?! what's the difference between that and the GTM??

Will TA accept my BA degree(3 years) and Teaching diploma(1 year) from a university in South Africa, or should I just give up now?
I dont know all of the answers to help you, I have forwarded Tony your details...
Old Feb 18th 2009, 8:09 am
Just Joined

Thanks for that....I really appreciate your help....it just seems like a huge mountain, but I'm sure it's not that difficult to climb

I've just checked on the TA website and found the following....

As South Africa is a multilingual country with only a small proportion of the population using English as their first language, all South African applicants, regardless of work experience of study in South Africa, are required to submit their test results for the academic version of the IELTS test.

So I guess I need to do the Academic one and not the GTM?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.