Wikiposts

taking my four legged friend !!

Old Jan 16th 2005, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

Lynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really nice
Talking taking my four legged friend !!

Hi can anyone give me any info on taking my dog with us, the process etc.

If i have the work and checks done here in UK, and my dog gets a passport will he have to stay in quarentine, if so how long?

Which airline compaines are the best in transporting dogs !
what sort of cost etc..

we are just starting out and so have a long while to go, but would like to be forearmed also i'm enjoying getting all the info together, and hopefully making some new friends who are in the same boat along the way !

Thank you !

Last edited by Lynn W; Jan 16th 2005 at 6:02 am.
Old Jan 16th 2005, 6:23 am
toocheeky

Default Re: taking my four legged friend !!

Hi Lynn,

If you pop along to the 'Lifestyle and Culture' forum there is a useful thread up at the moment called 'Pet Export'. There are quite a few links and lots of information in there as well which should hopefully answer all/most of your questions. Listed are some well recommended pet exporters too.

(I am also taking our dog with us.)

Hope this helps,
Karen

Originally Posted by Lynn W

If i have the work and checks done here in UK, and my dog gets a passport will he have to stay in quarentine, if so how long?

what sort of cost etc..

we are just starting out and so have a long while to go, but would like to be forearmed also i'm enjoying getting all the info together, and hopefully making some new friends who are in the same boat along the way !

Thank you !

Old Jan 16th 2005, 8:10 am
Just Joined

cazzaline1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: taking my four legged friend !!

I haven't looked too much into this yet but I do know that your dog will have to be in quarantine for a month. However you can still visit it most days of the week.

what sort of cost etc..

Thank you !
Old Jan 16th 2005, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

The Druid is on a distinguished road

what sort of cost etc..

Thank you !
Theres also an interesting article in the www.pomsinperth.com website in the emigration forum
Old Jan 16th 2005, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Oreo is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Lynn W]Hi can anyone give me any info on taking my dog with us, the process etc.

If ya taking your dog to Aust, you should check out the AQIS website, that's the Australian Quarantine and Inspection Webiste, there are useful links and information on the regulations of importing live animals.

I've posted other replies on this topic - with tips and recommendations on international agents.

Remember, the more prep your pet does before he/she leaves home, the less time in quarantine.

Oreo