Wikiposts

Taking family along with skilled 175 visa?

Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:46 am
Just Joined

sicario is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking family along with skilled 175 visa?

Hello,
My partner and I are seriously looking at emigration to Oz from Uk. I would take the 175 visa (skilled independent), as my IT job looks to get me in the door. I have done a points calculation and I make 120 points at least, so there are no concerns for me.

However my parter, with whom I have a 3 month baby, won't make the required 120 points, as she has not worked for a while.

My question is, can my partner and baby get a visa off the back of me? Or would I get a 175 visa and they would come in on somethine else? I've done some research into this (perhaps not enough?!) but I can't find anything to answer this for me.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

biggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Taking family along with skilled 175 visa?

Hi There

Assuming you could demonstrate a de-facto relationship (shared child not enough, you need to demonstrate living together, shared finances etc.) the your partner will go on your application as a secondary applicant and as such only needs to satisfy the basic requirements of age, english language, health and character. She will not need any points at all.

Obviously the child would be included on the application and a dependant of you both and doesn't need points either.

Hope this is what you were hoping to hear.

Good Luck

Andy
Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:37 am
Just Joined

sicario is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Biggles, just what I wanted to hear. We own a house together, just aren't married. She'll be chuffed when I tell her :-)
Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sicario
Thanks Biggles, just what I wanted to hear. We own a house together, just aren't married. She'll be chuffed when I tell her :-)
As far as I am aware you have to be able to demonstrate a defacto relationship and then you'll be fine.

Things like

electric bill - both names
phone bill - both names
bank statement - both names
mortgage - both names
photographs/postcards going back over time
letters from friends and family

If the above are not in both names you'll need to prove via bank / credit cards that you live in the same house, etc.

Trish