British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   swift air (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/swift-air-162881/)

donna Jun 30th 2003 8:56 am

swift air

Sent off meds,xrays etc on the 19th of june via swift air signed for service.I am now being told that they cant confirm whether Adelaide has received it or not.
What they can do is investigate it but this could take anything up yo 2 months!!! Not very bloody swift.
Totally pee-ed off as i feel i was sold a duff service.
I am waiting for the request to lodge the bond money,How long did others have to wait before hearing anything?should i start panicking now?
I am thinking that i may email my case officer but i only have a central email address.
any info would be good,i need reassurring before i go insane

donna

Luke1011 Jun 30th 2003 9:25 am

Hi Donna,
We have used swift air at every stage, no problems to date, replies have usually been within 2 weeks. May I ask how you came to be able to send your own meds and x-rays yourself, as we were informed that these had to go direct from the Doctor who carried out medicals, which he sent back on 22/05/03, received letter from case worker on 14/06/03 requesting bond by 05/08/03.
Anyway give it a few more days
Best of Luck
Brian

donna Jun 30th 2003 9:35 am

The doctor gave us ours back to post on ourselves ,i suspose it saves them time and money.
i know i sound neurotic but in total it cost us almost a grand for those meds,and i feel a signed for service should be more trackable than are informing me (too late)now.
Anyway thanks for the reply and i will try and chill for a few more days
donna

chippy Jun 30th 2003 11:02 am

Re: swift air

Originally posted by donna
Sent off meds,xrays etc on the 19th of june via swift air signed for service.I am now being told that they cant confirm whether Adelaide has received it or not.
What they can do is investigate it but this could take anything up yo 2 months!!! Not very bloody swift.
Totally pee-ed off as i feel i was sold a duff service.
I am waiting for the request to lodge the bond money,How long did others have to wait before hearing anything?should i start panicking now?
I am thinking that i may email my case officer but i only have a central email address.
any info would be good,i need reassurring before i go insane

donna
You have my utmost sympathy, swiftair are not very 'accountable', and I've heard a similar story to this before, which incidentally turned out ok in the end.
My bond money request came about 3 weeks after police checks were sent.

alrobson Jun 30th 2003 7:10 pm

Hi,

I've used Swift Air a few times and they all arrived safely. I know what you mean though, the booklet explaining the service implies that you get a signature at the other end but Royal Mail can't give you that signature so what is the point. As soon as your letter leaves the UK it goes to another postal service which is why they can't get a signature. When I used it for the first time, they actually told me that. Incidentally I have also used Parcelforce at the cost of £40 pounds and when I phoned them up to confirm delivery they couldn't tell me because they had passed it onto another courier in Australia!

Adrian

tgv Jun 30th 2003 7:20 pm

dear, donna
why not just call to aspc and find out if it is safely arrived.
i used swift royal mail and they had lost my documents last month(check austimeline sriramsara), then i had to resent by fedex.
i called to aspc and they(majority) are able to tell you the status.

Jaj Jun 30th 2003 8:54 pm

>On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:56:37 +0000, donna wrote:
    >Sent off meds,xrays etc on the 19th of june via swift air signed for
    >service.I am now being told that they cant confirm whether Adelaide has
    >received it or not.

I have been regularly saying on this forum that a reputable courier is
the only way to send medicals and critical documentation to Adelaide.
I have not seen any options from Royal Mail that provide a tracked
door-to-door delivery service from the UK to Australia.

And when I say tracked I mean all the way, not just to the airport in
the UK or something like that.

>What they can do is investigate it but this could take anything up yo 2
    >months!!! Not very bloody swift.
    >Totally pee-ed off as i feel i was sold a duff service.

Couriers are more expensive but you do get a better product.

>I am waiting for the request to lodge the bond money,How long did others
    >have to wait before hearing anything?should i start panicking now?
    >I am thinking that i may email my case officer but i only have a central
    >email address.

If you know your case officer's name then the email address is
[email protected]

Some case officers are more willing to reply to emails than others.

Jeremy
This is not intended to be legal advice in any jurisdiction

tgv Jun 30th 2003 10:26 pm

I agree with jaj. those who have gone throught the pain(document lost) will know!
I thought i could save some $$ by using postal services but end up paying more and also time. may be my luck was not good!

dibrucewillis Jun 30th 2003 11:04 pm

Hi

Just wondered if you could recommend a good courier .
I was planning on sending our visa application front loaded with medicals,xrays/films/police clearances tomorrow using International registered post but now I am having second thoughts about this
Any advice would be welcomed

Di

Originally posted by Jaj
    >On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:56:37 +0000, donna wrote:
    >Sent off meds,xrays etc on the 19th of june via swift air signed for
    >service.I am now being told that they cant confirm whether Adelaide has
    >received it or not.

I have been regularly saying on this forum that a reputable courier is
the only way to send medicals and critical documentation to Adelaide.
I have not seen any options from Royal Mail that provide a tracked
door-to-door delivery service from the UK to Australia.

And when I say tracked I mean all the way, not just to the airport in
the UK or something like that.

>What they can do is investigate it but this could take anything up yo 2
    >months!!! Not very bloody swift.
    >Totally pee-ed off as i feel i was sold a duff service.

Couriers are more expensive but you do get a better product.

>I am waiting for the request to lodge the bond money,How long did others
    >have to wait before hearing anything?should i start panicking now?
    >I am thinking that i may email my case officer but i only have a central
    >email address.

If you know your case officer's name then the email address is
[email protected]

Some case officers are more willing to reply to emails than others.

Jeremy
This is not intended to be legal advice in any jurisdiction

PADDAD Jul 1st 2003 4:44 am

Originally posted by dibrucewillis
Hi

Just wondered if you could recommend a good courier .
I was planning on sending our visa application front loaded with medicals,xrays/films/police clearances tomorrow using International registered post but now I am having second thoughts about this
Any advice would be welcomed

Di
Hi Di

We used DHL and from our experiences I would highly recommend them. I telephoned them first to arrange delivery and they turned up two hours later to collect the items. There's also an online tracking service. From memory I think we paid somewhere in the region of £52.00 to send medicals and xrays.

donna Jul 1st 2003 8:20 am

cheers for all the replies ,i am going to email my case officer now.
Thanks again
donna

kevpreece Jul 1st 2003 8:25 am

Originally posted by donna
cheers for all the replies ,i am going to email my case officer now.
Thanks again
donna

hi,

the next time any of you use swift air, ask for an international delivery receipt to be attached, its only 40p extra,defiantely worth doing, ive used it a fair few times and nothing has ever gone astray.

once your parcel has been delivered you will get the receipt back within 7 days, if it doesnt arrive, then its time to make some enquiries.

hope this helps.

kev

dibrucewillis Jul 1st 2003 10:04 am

Thanks Diana for your advice

Originally posted by PADDAD
Hi Di

We used DHL and from our experiences I would highly recommend them. I telephoned them first to arrange delivery and they turned up two hours later to collect the items. There's also an online tracking service. From memory I think we paid somewhere in the region of £52.00 to send medicals and xrays.

Amazulu Jul 1st 2003 10:18 am

swift air

I've used Swift Air to send everything & had no problems. I've used both Fedex & DHL at work & have had endless problems, including lost documents that were extremely important. In my opinion the extra expense for a courier is not worth it.

donna Jul 1st 2003 6:47 pm

Stop panicking Mr Mannering,Just received email(a short but sweet one )and its there safely.However i do believe lessons have been learnt!
I appreciate that the majority arrive safely,but a signed for service should be able to tell immediately when its signed for not after a couple of months after there has been an enquiry.
Never mind i can rest easy now.No i cant i now need to find $100.00.
Thanks for all the support everyone.
donna