shaun/lor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: support needed

I can identify with the question above as my two daughters aged 17 and
almost 15 are both currently saying they don't want to go to live in
Aus, even though as they are both at school and my dependents they are
included in my visa application.

I'm working on persuading them to at least validate their visas,
assuming it all comes through ok, but by then both will be around a
year older and probably even more clear about what they want..

Anyone else had to deal with the possibility/probability of leaving
your only children behind?

Elaine
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

hi my dad is australian and split with my mum when i was very young. although i visited a few times in my young years i never registerd as an oz citizen.
now im 40 a want to take my family out to live in oz after visiting earlier this year with them. i also want to spend time with my dad, and his family out there,
luckily i am able to still apply for my citizenship although i am 6 mnths and still waiting for it.
but if i had been born 10 or so yrs later i would not have this oppertunity, and would be quite sad that i missed the oppertunity to spend time with my family.
my point is yes try to get them to validate there visas even if its only to give them time to adjust to you not being there.
as who knows whats round the corner
sorry it took me a long time to get there shaun
Old Sep 30th 2002, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

wannabee sheila is an unknown quantity at this point

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

I am over my wobbly, doubting day now and it's all thanks to the lovely replies, good advice and well wishes from all of you.

We've had long chats with all our parents and although they are still upset, they seem to be coming to terms with the fact we will be leaving in 36 days.

We told them about webcams and email, photos and home-videos through the post, phonecalls once a week, not emigrating but just "giving it a go for a couple of years and see what happens", and they admit that talking about it has helped them understand "why" a bit better. They are even talking of saving up to come and visit. 100% improvement on last week.

Thanks again
Karen
Old Oct 1st 2002, 6:46 am
shellypuss

Hiya Wannabee sheila,

I am new to this but your message was one of the first iv'e read.

Has made me feel much better about the prospect of telling my only family member when the time hopefully comes.

I just can't wait to be on a definate countdown to take off.

All the best for your future in Oz.

Shelly

Originally posted by wannabee sheila:
THANK YOU EVERYONE!

I am over my wobbly, doubting day now and it's all thanks to the lovely replies, good advice and well wishes from all of you.

We've had long chats with all our parents and although they are still upset, they seem to be coming to terms with the fact we will be leaving in 36 days.

We told them about webcams and email, photos and home-videos through the post, phonecalls once a week, not emigrating but just "giving it a go for a couple of years and see what happens", and they admit that talking about it has helped them understand "why" a bit better. They are even talking of saving up to come and visit. 100% improvement on last week.

Thanks again
Karen