Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

sufficient funds??? queensland state sponsorship

sufficient funds??? queensland state sponsorship

Old May 2nd 2009, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

tinaandscott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sufficient funds??? queensland state sponsorship

Can anyone let me know what are so called sufficient funds for queensland SS. Is there a maximum or minimum amount per person ? We are going as a couple, no kiddies. How much should we have ??

Thanks guys.
Old May 2nd 2009, 8:18 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sufficient funds??? queensland state sponsorship

hi,
my understanding is the qld don't have a reference level so it's a bit of a guess, however, we were advised to consider the (i think) SA guideline that was AUD 25k for applicant plus AUD5k for all additional persons/ dependants. If you have a bit more than this then I think you will be fine. if you have less then some porkies may be required. good luck!
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
hi,
my understanding is the qld don't have a reference level so it's a bit of a guess, however, we were advised to consider the (i think) SA guideline that was AUD 25k for applicant plus AUD5k for all additional persons/ dependants. If you have a bit more than this then I think you will be fine. if you have less then some porkies may be required. good luck!
thanks alot, will have to put some pennies in the bank then, i suppose we have to prove these amounts, is that right ????

Tina
Old May 3rd 2009, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

debi_wayne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tinaandscott
thanks alot, will have to put some pennies in the bank then, i suppose we have to prove these amounts, is that right ????

Tina
Yes they ask for proof of funds, a new thing I understand. We applied 20/04/09 and they asked us to provide proof.
Old May 4th 2009, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by debi_wayne
Yes they ask for proof of funds, a new thing I understand. We applied 20/04/09 and they asked us to provide proof.
Thanks Debi, wayne.

We will be applying for 176, i see you are applying for 175.
Do the same rules still apply about finances...

Thanks Tina
Old May 4th 2009, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

shane8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
hi,
Hi Rinkerdrink

What do you mean by AUD 25 k is it AUD 25,000.00

please advice .

Cheers
Old May 4th 2009, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

debi_wayne is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Debi, wayne.

We will be applying for 176, i see you are applying for 175.
Do the same rules still apply about finances...

Thanks Tina
We have applied in Oct 08 for 175 and were on CSL, but since we were removed we have applied for state sponsorship. If we are granted this, then we will change to a 176. Hope this helps.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Can anyone who has recently got their state sponsorship please let me know what evidence you needed for proof of funds and how much?? Did you need to prove all of the funds on application ???

Thanks so much

Tina
Old Jun 8th 2009, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

rotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nice

Originally Posted by shane8
What do you mean by AUD 25 k is it AUD 25,000.00
Yes. k is a common abbreviation for "thousand".
Old Jun 8th 2009, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Can anyone who has recently got their state sponsorship please let me know what evidence you needed for proof of funds and how much?? Did you need to prove all of the funds on application ???

Thanks so much

Tina
Just bumping up this thread, anyone know the answer....

Thanks
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:40 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Just bumping up this thread, anyone know the answer....

Thanks
When Queensland ask for the proof of funds?

At application lodgment time? or before making final decision?
Old Mar 18th 2010, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

missa is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much

Tina
Hi Tina

We got sponsorship in Oct 09. We sent certified copies of bank statements as proof. We applied before the proof of funds came in so was asked for them by Queensland but i think now you are supposed to send them with the application, but i could be wrong. Either way i'm sure they'll ask if they haven't got what they need. We were told an amount of 37000 AUS Dollars for a family of 5. It also stated that it had to be in savings rather than a money from a house.
Hope that helps a little
Bev
Old Mar 20th 2010, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Fordies is an unknown quantity at this point

i have just shown my proof of funds and this was a bank statement stamped and signed, (cash in my account if you like) $34000 for a family of 3. hope this helps
Old Mar 20th 2010, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

Can anyone let me know what are so called sufficient funds for queensland SS. Is there a maximum or minimum amount per person ? We are going as a couple, no kiddies. How much should we have ??

Thanks guys.
queensland SS -> require proof of 20,000 (bank statements need to be submited)

SA SS =. requires proof of 25,000(10,000 in cash) to person who stamps the form which is then sent to the form
Old Apr 1st 2010, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Lena L is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I have a slightly different situation:
My partner is going to apply for Qld state sponsorship. I am going to be a secondary applicant on his Visa (skilled, state sponsored - 176). I wonder if Qld guys would ask me for a separate bank statement. My boyfriend has got enough money on his account even for a bigger family, but all my money (which would also be enough) is kind of frozen, definitely not on personal account nor cash :/ Actually my personal account looks pretty empty It would take me over a month to withdraw my money...
Should we just try and apply with his account statement only?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.