Wikiposts

Submitting Spouse Application

Old Jun 18th 2004, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

paul&kath is a jewel in the roughpaul&kath is a jewel in the roughpaul&kath is a jewel in the roughpaul&kath is a jewel in the rough
Default Submitting Spouse Application

We are, finally, just about ready to submit a front-loaded spouse visa application. Can anyone offer any advice as to how to collate all the papers within the application (ie should we use plastic wallets, folders etc) or just one very large paper clip?!

Also, to submit in London is it best to hand deliver or just send recorded delivery? I am so scared about it all getting lost after all the effort that has gone into getting it all up-together.

Many thanks
Old Jun 18th 2004, 12:45 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Submitting Spouse Application

Seems that AHC dont want any type of packaging at all when it comes to the application.

I just put all the sheets in order of the contents page and secured them together with one extra large bulldog clip.

Dont think you can hand deliver them anymore to AHC (but may be wrong) I just sent mine special delivery through royal mail.
Special delivery is more secure than registered as registered goes through the normal delivery route (with normal mail) and special delivery is individually handled.

Seemed to work for me as I got the OK back two days later.

Good luck

TT

Originally posted by paul&kath
We are, finally, just about ready to submit a front-loaded spouse visa application. Can anyone offer any advice as to how to collate all the papers within the application (ie should we use plastic wallets, folders etc) or just one very large paper clip?!

Also, to submit in London is it best to hand deliver or just send recorded delivery? I am so scared about it all getting lost after all the effort that has gone into getting it all up-together.

Many thanks
Old Jun 18th 2004, 2:38 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by TrickyTree
Seems that AHC dont want any type of packaging at all when it comes to the application.

I just put all the sheets in order of the contents page and secured them together with one extra large bulldog clip.

Dont think you can hand deliver them anymore to AHC (but may be wrong) I just sent mine special delivery through royal mail.
Special delivery is more secure than registered as registered goes through the normal delivery route (with normal mail) and special delivery is individually handled.

Seemed to work for me as I got the OK back two days later.

Good luck

TT
I seperated mine by plastic wallets into different sections

main application with photo's and sponsorship form
police and medicals
stat decs and our statements
proof of relationship, bills etc

All of which I put a sticker on the front with the contents of them typed on it

it took 12 days.

Hows the celebratory hangover goin Tricky Tree???

Thanks
Kala
Old Jun 18th 2004, 3:17 am
PommieLeague

Many thanks
I used plenty of paperclips to hold things together, dont staple or use tape.
Yes make a contents of the entire contents of what you are sending.
Make sure you use Special Delivery for both sending the application and the return of your passport.

Old Jun 18th 2004, 4:10 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by Lathlain
I used plenty of paperclips to hold things together, dont staple or use tape.
Yes make a contents of the entire contents of what you are sending.
Make sure you use Special Delivery for both sending the application and the return of your passport.

I did similar; I used dividers (like the ones you use in a file) to separate the sections, then used paper clips to lump together the relevant parts within each section.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 7:26 am
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

Many thanks
Paper clips are fine. You can seperate into sections if you like e.g stat decs together, bills together etc.

Can't submit in person so recorded delivery is the only way.

Finally, don't pay by cheque!!! They will return it!
Old Jun 18th 2004, 12:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I got mine in the days when they did the visas over the counter, and could see why they say no plastic wallets etc. The case officer has a check list and they pull the items out of your application and pile them up in the order they want them in. Apparently the papers also get scanned onto disc. Therefore when things are stapled or in wallets it slows them down. She said to me its much easier if theu are loose, or just held with something like a bulldog clip, even though it doesn't look as attractive!