Submitting an EOI

Old Apr 3rd 2018, 7:00 am
Just Joined

kjw88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Submitting an EOI

I'm busy filling out an EOI for a 190, as a graphic designer.

I have a few questions about the process though. I've been with my current employer coming up 2 years and worked freelance for 3 years before this. Does freelance work count/do I need to prove I worked freelance?

Secondly, do I need to get an english language test completed before I submit the EOI?

Also for my qualifications is there any equivalent to the UK A-Level, or do I just enter my highest qualification which is my degree? I didn't get a great final mark in my degree and it's also only very loosely related to my profession, will this matter?
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 7:04 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Submitting an EOI

Originally Posted by kjw88
I'm busy filling out an EOI for a 190, as a graphic designer.

I have a few questions about the process though. I've been with my current employer coming up 2 years and worked freelance for 3 years before this. Does freelance work count/do I need to prove I worked freelance?

Secondly, do I need to get an english language test completed before I submit the EOI?

Also for my qualifications is there any equivalent to the UK A-Level, or do I just enter my highest qualification which is my degree? I didn't get a great final mark in my degree and it's also only very loosely related to my profession, will this matter?
Have you got a positive skills assessment?
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Dmorgan07 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are applying with points from the English test you must do the test first. Claiming points for things you don’t have before the EOI is lodged can mean your visa is refused. They will know you did it afterward because you have to upload evidence of the test through certificates and reference numbers.

You can claim points initially and lodge the EOI. Then do the test and update points. But you can’t claim them beforehand.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

You need a positive skills assessment before you lodge an eoi.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 9:46 am
Just Joined

kjw88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Would the skills assessment be through VETASSESS?

I looked into this and wasn’t sure what came first - the EOI or skills test. It costs quite a bit doesn’t it?

Last edited by kjw88; Apr 3rd 2018 at 9:49 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 10:54 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kjw88
Would the skills assessment be through VETASSESS?

I looked into this and wasn’t sure what came first - the EOI or skills test. It costs quite a bit doesn’t it?
Emigration is not cheap.

Yes, you would need a skills assessment first. You need to look at your skill on the DoHA site and see who the assessing authority is. Once you have that you look at their website for what you need to provide for the assessment. That can take a while, so best get started on doing some research.

As for the IELTS, most people do need to take the test for the extra points.