Wikiposts

Submitting Documents to DIMA

Old Jun 3rd 2002, 3:20 am
Suketu Kapadia

Default Submitting Documents to DIMA

Hello All,

Firstly I think this is a very useful information group and I have benefited a lot
just by going thru the postings. (bet you have heard this a million times before)

Here's my question:

When you arrange all the documents to be submitted to the DIMA in the order of say,
the Basic Requirements and the Points Test, does one repeat the same documents for
different requirements. For instance, the basic requirement for age and the points
test for age OR the basic requirement for recent work exeprience and points test for
specific work experience may have some or all of the same documents.

Does it make sense to repeat the documents or should there only be one copy of
a document.

I suppose repeating documents makes it easier for the person looking at your case not
to back and forth searching for any document. Then again it will also make the file
really FAT.

Would appreciate a response.

Thanks.

Old Jun 3rd 2002, 5:02 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Submitting Documents to DIMA

Hi,
I haven't sent mine off yet..... but I would have thought it not necessary to duplicate documents..... I can't see the point...
Mind you I may be advised otherwise....hmmpph
Old Jun 3rd 2002, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Lana is an unknown quantity at this point

Yvonne, I was thinking the same. Getting certified copies and certified translations costs a ton already, I hope I don't have to send duplicates.

I am mailing our stuff on Friday or Saturday.
Old Jun 3rd 2002, 10:20 am
Jaj

I don't think you need to duplicate documents you send to DIMIA.

Jeremy

>On 3 Jun 2002 07:06:48 -0700, [email protected] (Suketu Kapadia) wrote:
    >Hello All,
    >
    >When you arrange all the documents to be submitted to the DIMA in the order of say,
    >the Basic Requirements and the Points Test, does one repeat the same documents for
    >different requirements. For instance, the basic requirement for age and the points
    >test for age OR the basic requirement for recent work exeprience and points test for
    >specific work experience may have some or all of the same documents.
    >
    >Does it make sense to repeat the documents or should there only be one copy of a
    >document.
    >
    >I suppose repeating documents makes it easier for the person looking at your case
    >not to back and forth searching for any document. Then again it will also make the
    >file really FAT.
    >
    >Would appreciate a response.
    >
    >Thanks.

Old Jun 3rd 2002, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Jeremy.

And what about a cover letter? Someone asked that, but I'd appreciate your input. I know you need a cover letter if you intend to send part of the documents later, explaining why you are doing that. But if it is just a straightforward application with everything included, do I need a cover letter?
Old Jun 4th 2002, 3:20 am
Suketu Kapadia

Thanks for the inputs guys - helps keep things in perspective.

Though, how are you guys organising your documents ? Are you arranging them in a
particular order, like in the order of the Points Test / Basic Requirements OR in the
order of the checklist of the Application Form.

SK

Lana <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Yvonne, I was thinking the same. Getting certified copies and certified
    > translations costs a ton already, I hope I don't have to send duplicates.
    >
    > I am mailing our stuff on Friday or Saturday.

Old Jun 4th 2002, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

I have assembled them in the order of the checklist, just to make sure I a not forgetting something.
Old Jun 4th 2002, 10:20 pm
Protect The Inn

I included a cover letter with a table in it which basically followed the checklist,
in the second column I put the page reference in the document folder in put all my
documents in, that way, I could refer to the same document twice.

I included one of those folder (collection of clear plastic covers) to make it easier
for them - my postage cost was higher, but i thought it was worth it!!

Dave "Suketu Kapadia" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Firstly I think this is a very useful information group and I have benefited a lot
    > just by going thru the postings. (bet you have heard this a million times before)
    >
    > Here's my question:
    >
    > When you arrange all the documents to be submitted to the DIMA in the order of say,
    > the Basic Requirements and the Points Test, does one repeat the same documents for
    > different requirements. For instance, the basic requirement for age and the points
    > test for age OR the basic requirement for recent work exeprience and points test
    > for specific work experience may have some or all of the same documents.
    >
    > Does it make sense to repeat the documents or should there only be one copy of a
    > document.
    >
    > I suppose repeating documents makes it easier for the person looking at your case
    > not to back and forth searching for any document. Then again it will also make the
    > file really FAT.
    >
    > Would appreciate a response.
    >
    > Thanks.

Old Jun 4th 2002, 10:20 pm
Protect The Inn

I included a cover letter with a table in it which basically followed the checklist,
in the second column I put the page reference in the document folder in put all my
documents in, that way, I could refer to the same document twice.

I included one of those folder (collection of clear plastic covers) to make it easier
for them - my postage cost was higher, but i thought it was worth it!!

Dave "Suketu Kapadia" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Firstly I think this is a very useful information group and I have benefited a lot
    > just by going thru the postings. (bet you have heard this a million times before)
    >
    > Here's my question:
    >
    > When you arrange all the documents to be submitted to the DIMA in the order of say,
    > the Basic Requirements and the Points Test, does one repeat the same documents for
    > different requirements. For instance, the basic requirement for age and the points
    > test for age OR the basic requirement for recent work exeprience and points test
    > for specific work experience may have some or all of the same documents.
    >
    > Does it make sense to repeat the documents or should there only be one copy of a
    > document.
    >
    > I suppose repeating documents makes it easier for the person looking at your case
    > not to back and forth searching for any document. Then again it will also make the
    > file really FAT.
    >
    > Would appreciate a response.
    >
    > Thanks.