Wikiposts

Submission to Adelaide - Fees query

Old Nov 2nd 2001, 2:26 am
David Stanton

The new 47SK (11/01) indicates (as previously stated in this NG) that all submissions
should go direct to Adelaide. Does this mean that the fees for submission (in form
990i) are now based on the "Lodged in Australia" figures, rather than the "Lodged
Overseas" ?

ie. For Skilled Independent , it states $1125 Lodged Overseas against $1670 Lodged in
Australia.

thanks dave UK

Old Nov 2nd 2001, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

leeta is an unknown quantity at this point

I read it to be $1,125. The $1,670 is for Overseas Independent Students residing in Australia. Since you are not, presumably, residing in Aus, you are lodging it from overseas to Adelaide. The old fee was $1,125 so I assume this to remain. As with much of DIMI wording on documents, however, it is vague and could be read in other ways.
Old Nov 2nd 2001, 6:45 am
Jaj

Even if he was residing in Australia, lodging a skilled migration application (unless
you're an overseas student or NZ citizen) is always considered to be an offshore
application. That means the fee is AUD1125, but on the other hand you don't get any
bridging visa entitlement and I think you may still need to go outside Australia to
physically get your visa.

Jeremy

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 3rd 2001, 10:51 am
Jsuppal

Hi,

The fees remains unchanged at $A 1125. Applicants have to be outsside Australia at
time of grant.

Jas J S UPPAL Registered Migration Agent No. 9803103 Sydney, Australia.
http://firms.findlaw.com/JSUppal