British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Subclass 190 with 55 points (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/subclass-190-55-points-815292/)

zillinks Nov 16th 2013 10:03 am

Subclass 190 with 55 points

Hello,

As this is my very first thread, I'd like to initiate it by introducing myself. My name is Zil and I am from Pakistan. At the moment, my only goal is to emigrate to Australia. In fact, it is my only wish from career perspective. The purpose of joining this forum is to gain an advantage from people knowledge and experience and their keen interest in helping each other. So here I am :)

Well my very first question starts with explaining my situation followed by a straightforward question.

At present, I am scoring 55 points, i.e., 30 for age (27 years), 15 education (Bachelors Hons from UK) and 10 for IELTS (Minimum 7 in each component). I have received a positive skilled assessment, in my case as an Accountant from CPA. At recent New South Wales is the only suitable state which can sponsor me. My question is:

Is it wise to apply for 190 visa with 55 points plus 5 points for State sponsorship or shall I try and give another IELTS attempt and try to score 8 in which case I'll be awarded an additional 10 points. Will that make any difference in securing the visa grant or quicker application processing time?

Scoring 8 bands in all 4 components in one go is a bit of a challenge for me, hence I am not 100% sure if I can do it or not and currently NSW SS for Accountant is positive which might come to stake if I invest more time in getting higher bands in IELTS. In case, if NSW SS list is revised and if they change their occupational list or requirement, it may cause a trouble for me. What are your suggestions please. I am highly confused?:(

Is there any one with 55 points plus 5 points for SS and successfully got his/her visa granted? Please help!

old.sparkles Nov 16th 2013 10:24 am

Re: Subclass 190 with 55 points

Originally Posted by zillinks (Post 10993834)
Hello,

As this is my very first thread, I'd like to initiate it by introducing myself. My name is Zil and I am from Pakistan. At the moment, my only goal is to emigrate to Australia. In fact, it is my only wish from career perspective. The purpose of joining this forum is to gain an advantage from people knowledge and experience and their keen interest in helping each other. So here I am :)

Well my very first question starts with explaining my situation followed by a straightforward question.

At present, I am scoring 55 points, i.e., 30 for age (27 years), 15 education (Bachelors Hons from UK) and 10 for IELTS (Minimum 7 in each component). I have received a positive skilled assessment, in my case as an Accountant from CPA. At recent New South Wales is the only suitable state which can sponsor me. My question is:

Is it wise to apply for 190 visa with 55 points plus 5 points for State sponsorship or shall I try and give another IELTS attempt and try to score 8 in which case I'll be awarded an additional 10 points. Will that make any difference in securing the visa grant or quicker application processing time?

Scoring 8 bands in all 4 components in one go is a bit of a challenge for me, hence I am not 100% sure if I can do it or not and currently NSW SS for Accountant is positive which might come to stake if I invest more time in getting higher bands in IELTS. In case, if NSW SS list is revised and if they change their occupational list or requirement, it may cause a trouble for me. What are your suggestions please. I am highly confused?:(

Is there any one with 55 points plus 5 points for SS and successfully got his/her visa granted? Please help!

Hi Zil and welcome to the forum :)

I used state sponsorship to make the points requirement for the old state sponsored visa - I'm sure there's plenty that have done the same with the new system :)

zillinks Nov 16th 2013 10:28 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 10993856)
Hi Zil and welcome to the forum :)

I used state sponsorship to make the points requirement for the old state sponsored visa - I'm sure there's plenty that have done the same with the new system :)

Hello Old.Sparkles (sorry don't know your name :)),

Thank you for sharing your experience. So you were standing at 55 points and claimed additional fiver from SS?

old.sparkles Nov 16th 2013 10:31 am

Originally Posted by zillinks (Post 10993860)
Hello Old.Sparkles (sorry don't know your name :)),

Thank you for sharing your experience. So you were standing at 55 points and claimed additional fiver from SS?

No - the old system you had to get to 65 - I could only get 60, so used SS to get to 65 :)

zillinks Nov 16th 2013 10:35 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 10993864)
No - the old system you had to get to 65 - I could only get 60, so used SS to get to 65 :)

Sorry I beg your apology. Yes I do know the old system but couldn't recalled until you further clarified it :) Was it NSW state you applied for, if you don't mind me asking?

old.sparkles Nov 16th 2013 10:37 am

Originally Posted by zillinks (Post 10993867)
Sorry I beg your apology. Yes I do know the old system but couldn't recalled until you further clarified it :) Was it NSW state you applied for, if you don't mind me asking?

No I'm in SA :)

zillinks Nov 16th 2013 11:12 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 10993870)
No I'm in SA :)

Thank you for your responses. Highly appreciated :)

zillinks Nov 16th 2013 11:20 am

Any further responses over my query will be much appreciated.

Bermudashorts Nov 16th 2013 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by zillinks (Post 10993917)
Any further responses over my query will be much appreciated.

There really is no answer. You could resit IELTS or apply for state sponsorship, both are valid options.

peaceboy Nov 16th 2013 3:44 pm

Hello,

Hi Zil - welcome to the forum.

How confident you are of getting a positive assessment from NSW and get a SS? because all you need to 60 points to qualify under 190 and if you do you will get a invitation instantly.

if you are confident that you can secure a SS from NSW, then your best option would be to got for sponsorship and get 60 points.

Cheers,
PB :thumbup:

tevta Nov 16th 2013 3:48 pm

Hello,

You have already completed the main steps successfully. I'm surprised what're you waiting for?? you should go ahead with submitting your EOI without wasting a fraction of a second. Moreover this visa subclass 190 is quick and people are getting their grants within 3-6 months time. Therefore it's kinda blessing in disguise for you. There's hardly a profession that NSW have not included in their list and it seems unlikely that they're going to exclude professions on mass scale except they get any directive from DIBP. Last year they stopped accepting applications in the first week of April and started again in July and I'm sure you can make a quick application after submitting your EOI. All the best.

zillinks Nov 16th 2013 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by tevta (Post 10994129)
You have already completed the main steps successfully. I'm surprised what're you waiting for?? you should go ahead with submitting your EOI without wasting a fraction of a second. Moreover this visa subclass 190 is quick and people are getting their grants within 3-6 months time. Therefore it's kinda blessing in disguise for you. There's hardly a profession that NSW have not included in their list and it seems unlikely that they're going to exclude professions on mass scale except they get any directive from DIBP. Last year they stopped accepting applications in the first week of April and started again in July and I'm sure you can make a quick application after submitting your EOI. All the best.

Thank you so much for your response and concerns. Will that make any difference if I am scoring more points. For example, if I try and give IELTS again and maybe I score 8 in all which will give me an additional 10 points. Right now I am scoring 55 points plus 5 for SS. If I get 8 in all, I'll be scoring 65 plus 5 for SS, a total of 70. Will that make any difference in chances of visa acceptance or time frame for application or decision of state for SS?

Thanks.

zillinks Nov 16th 2013 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 10993987)
There really is no answer. You could resit IELTS or apply for state sponsorship, both are valid options.

Well that's my question :) In fact, it's a request for an opinion or suggestion from more experience people. I am not expecting any kind of advice or recommendation, but a suggestion would be highly appreciated :)

zillinks Nov 16th 2013 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by peaceboy (Post 10994125)
Hi Zil - welcome to the forum.

How confident you are of getting a positive assessment from NSW and get a SS? because all you need to 60 points to qualify under 190 and if you do you will get a invitation instantly.

if you are confident that you can secure a SS from NSW, then your best option would be to got for sponsorship and get 60 points.

Cheers,
PB :thumbup:

Well, I am 100% confident of meeting the 60 points within the boundary of my knowledge. My point calculation is:

IELTS: 10
Education: 15
State sponsorship: 5

Question is will the state sponsor me based on 55 points? If not what are my alternatives as the SS will be applied after submission of EoI. What will be the impact on my submission of EoI if the state refuses the application? I am not sure but I came across a statement that a person can only submit EoI twice and not more. If I meet all the requirements of DIBP and SS and 55 points, will the state definitely sponsor me?

Sorry for asking so many question but this is the next big thing for me :) Will highly appreciate your response.

joojay Nov 16th 2013 7:02 pm

Its not like u have much choice .... do u?
You cant increase ur experience instantly ...
You are unsure about ur ability to take an 8 in all bands of IELTS ...

So ... RELAX ..... breathe deep .... submit ur EOI and then apply for SS ....
If i were u, while waiting for invitation ... i would keep practicing for IELTS as a backup plan ....
U can update ur EOI to add 10 more points from IELTS .. if and when u need to