British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Subclass 189 or 190 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/subclass-189-190-a-899558/)

ozzyman Jul 13th 2017 1:03 pm

Subclass 189 or 190

Hello, everyone, I am new to this forum and found it to be really helpful. Now what I wanted to know is which visa would be suitable for me. I am a Mental Health Nurse had my AHPRA and I am currently waiting for my ANMAC result which I assume to be released by August or September if my timeline is correct. Now counting on my points I do have a sure 55 points for all of my qualifications including Age, Education, excluding my overseas experience because I don't know if I will get all the points for my 4 years overseas experience. My question now is do you think if they gave it 5 points I would get a total of 60 points, however, is it already safe to have 60 points to apply for a subclass 189 or should I push for 190 for another 5 points for state nomination just to be sure? Any suggestion would be really appreciated. Thank you in advance.:cool::cool:

verystormy Jul 13th 2017 1:23 pm

Re: Subclass 189 or 190

I am not sure I understand, but if you have 55 points, then you couldn't apply for a 189. The minimum is 60. So, you would need state nomination and go for a 190.

ozzyman Jul 13th 2017 1:30 pm

Thank you for your reply. I got 55 sure points on my age, education, qualification I am not just sure how much points I would get in a 4 years overseas experience. It would make a total of 60 but is it safe to apply for 189 with just 60 points?

Dorothy Jul 13th 2017 10:39 pm

Have you considered taking the IELTS for the points?

IMO if you could qualify for the 189 you should. That way you're free to live and work wherever you want to.

ozzyman Jul 14th 2017 2:06 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 12294058)
Have you considered taking the IELTS for the points?

IMO if you could qualify for the 189 you should. That way you're free to live and work wherever you want to.

Thank you for your reply. I do have PTE-A and have 10 points for that.

Here are my points:
English Test:10 points
Skilled employment in the last 10 years outside AU: 5 points? (Not sure on this i do have 4 years working experience.)
Qualification:15 points bachelors degree.

I really wanted to go for 189 but some people I've known said it is safe to go for 190 because of the additional 5 points just in case I lack points it wouldn't get refused. Thabk you Dorothy.

old.sparkles Jul 14th 2017 3:17 am

Originally Posted by ozzyman (Post 12294139)
Thank you for your reply. I do have PTE-A and have 10 points for that.

Here are my points:
English Test:10 points
Skilled employment in the last 10 years outside AU: 5 points? (Not sure on this i do have 4 years working experience.)
Qualification:15 points bachelors degree.

I really wanted to go for 189 but some people I've known said it is safe to go for 190 because of the additional 5 points just in case I lack points it wouldn't get refused. Thabk you Dorothy.

60 points is enough to lodge an EOI for 189 and highly likely to be selected fairly quickly judging on past results.

To claim points for experience you will need to provide evidence that it is skilled and as you have probably read, 3 years of experience is worth 5 points.

If you do not have the supporting evidence for the experience claim, choices would be to go for 190 as already identified, or as Dorothy suggested, re-take IELTS or other English test to improve score to gain the 20 points available.

If you are unsure on whether or not your experience counts, maybe get some advice from MARA agent.

ozzyman Jul 14th 2017 5:55 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 12294169)
60 points is enough to lodge an EOI for 189 and highly likely to be selected fairly quickly judging on past results.

To claim points for experience you will need to provide evidence that it is skilled and as you have probably read, 3 years of experience is worth 5 points.

If you do not have the supporting evidence for the experience claim, choices would be to go for 190 as already identified, or as Dorothy suggested, re-take IELTS or other English test to improve score to gain the 20 points available.

If you are unsure on whether or not your experience counts, maybe get some advice from MARA agent.

Thank you for your reply old.sparkles. As much as I wanted to ask a registered MARA agent, unfortunately, I do not have the luxury to spend on their services as I live in a third world country. Where nurses pay are even below the minimum wage.

I did my research on the points for the overseas experience and according to DIBP website the skilled employment document are as follows:

Skilled employment documents

Proof that in the 10 years before you were invited to apply for the visa, you worked full time in in your skilled nominated occupation:

•payslips that cover the period of employment claimed
•contracts, tax returns, group certificates and superannuation documents
•employment references
•any other documents relating to your employment history that you provided for your skills assessment.

Source: https://www.border.gov.au/visas/supp...ments-eoi.aspx

I am trying to look for this documents, however, what I do have at the moment are my payslips and employment references. I can no longer find my contract and tax returns because I didn't know that I will be using them in the future. That is why I am not entirely sure if payslips and employment references would suffice. Again I would really appreciate if someone had the same situation as I am at the moment because spending $3,670 for PR is really expensive for me and that is why I am really making sure everything is okay.

Thank you for reading my long post. I hope someone can help me or give any suggestions or feedback. Cheers everyone.:thumbsup:

Pollyana Jul 14th 2017 8:04 am

Originally Posted by ozzyman (Post 12294219)
Thank you for your reply old.sparkles. As much as I wanted to ask a registered MARA agent, unfortunately, I do not have the luxury to spend on their services as I live in a third world country. Where nurses pay are even below the minimum wage.

I did my research on the points for the overseas experience and according to DIBP website the skilled employment document are as follows:

Skilled employment documents

Proof that in the 10 years before you were invited to apply for the visa, you worked full time in in your skilled nominated occupation:

•payslips that cover the period of employment claimed
•contracts, tax returns, group certificates and superannuation documents
•employment references
•any other documents relating to your employment history that you provided for your skills assessment.

Source: https://www.border.gov.au/visas/supp...ments-eoi.aspx

I am trying to look for this documents, however, what I do have at the moment are my payslips and employment references. I can no longer find my contract and tax returns because I didn't know that I will be using them in the future. That is why I am not entirely sure if payslips and employment references would suffice. Again I would really appreciate if someone had the same situation as I am at the moment because spending $3,670 for PR is really expensive for me and that is why I am really making sure everything is okay.

Thank you for reading my long post. I hope someone can help me or give any suggestions or feedback. Cheers everyone.:thumbsup:

Contact the ATO -they may be able to provide compies of your tax assessments for those years.

If you consulted an agent you would not necessarily have to engage one for the full application. Many will deal with individual parts of it, and just charge you for that. Also worth noting that migrating is hideously expensive and Australia is an expensive country to live in, so if you struggle to pay for things at this point you have a hard road ahead I'm afraid.

ozzyman Jul 14th 2017 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12294271)
Contact the ATO -they may be able to provide compies of your tax assessments for those years.

If you consulted an agent you would not necessarily have to engage one for the full application. Many will deal with individual parts of it, and just charge you for that. Also worth noting that migrating is hideously expensive and Australia is an expensive country to live in, so if you struggle to pay for things at this point you have a hard road ahead I'm afraid.

Thank you for your message. I am currently not in Australia and my Income Tax Return should come from my home country in the Philippines as evidence of overseas employment. I do know that is it quite expensive to live in because I've been in Victoria while I am having my IRON course for nurses. It's just that it is tough at the moment because I am no longer employed while processing all of my documents and everything.

Also, part time jobs here in the Philippines is not an option because most hospital/companies prepare to hire long term employees. That is why I am currently saving up and budgeting wisely. I do have 2 of my brothers who lives in NSW and Perth both of which are a Citizen but I do not wish to ask for any financial help unless I really need to. Thank you. Cheers!

Pollyana Jul 14th 2017 9:29 am

Originally Posted by ozzyman (Post 12294283)
Thank you for your message. I am currently not in Australia and my Income Tax Return should come from my home country in the Philippines as evidence of overseas employment. I do know that is it quite expensive to live in because I've been in Victoria while I am having my IRON course for nurses. It's just that it is tough at the moment because I am no longer employed while processing all of my documents and everything.

Also, part time jobs here in the Philippines is not an option because most hospital/companies prepare to hire long term employees. That is why I am currently saving up and budgeting wisely. I do have 2 of my brothers who lives in NSW and Perth both of which are a Citizen but I do not wish to ask for any financial help unless I really need to. Thank you. Cheers!

So will your tax office not supply copies of your tax return documentation?

ozzyman Jul 14th 2017 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12294329)
So will your tax office not supply copies of your tax return documentation?

Hello Pollyana, Thank you for your reply. As far as I know ITR(Income Tax Return) only comes from the Employer every year that is the case here in my country. However, I would need to give them a ring tomorrow and will see if they can provide a copy. Our government agency is not as organized as the other countries so I am just praying that they do have a copy of my ITR. Thank you. :angel::angel:

woody2709 Jul 18th 2017 3:54 pm

Many 190 visas require a certain amount of proof of funds for entry. I'm heading to Darwin and they required $35,000 savings. So I'm going for 189 instead for this reason. From previous forum posts, this can also be per person emigrating plus smaller amounts per child. If your taking your family this figure can reach scary amounts....

ozzyman Jul 18th 2017 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by woody2709 (Post 12297182)
Many 190 visas require a certain amount of proof of funds for entry. I'm heading to Darwin and they required $35,000 savings. So I'm going for 189 instead for this reason. From previous forum posts, this can also be per person emigrating plus smaller amounts per child. If your taking your family this figure can reach scary amounts....

Wow, $35,000 is really too much. I guess I will also go for 189. To give an update on my current situation I can no longer get a copy of my ITR, so I was wondering if I can just write down a statutory declaration that I lost my ITR but I am not sure though if they will accept that.

rammygirl Jul 18th 2017 11:12 pm

Immigration is not cheap and the sums required are to ensure you can move and live whilst looking for work as you will have little recourse to welfare.

If you have a job lined up and enough to pay bond and rental you may not need a huge amount but you will still have a lot of up front expense to consider.