Subclass 176 obligations

Old Mar 9th 2010, 3:57 am
  #1  
set
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 9
set is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Subclass 176 obligations

Hi,
My wife got a 176 visa sposored by Victoria and according to its obligations we MUST remain in Victoria at least 2 years. But I got a job offer in Sydney and don't know how to solve this difficulty.Reading the forum, I found that we can move interstate even before 2 years, but only after making a genuine effort to live by our promises. Could anybody give me a piece of advice how it will affect our visas and australian citizenship? Is anybody who moved interstate with 176 before 2 years?

And we didn't make an initial entry yet(((
set is offline  
Old Mar 9th 2010, 5:31 am
  #2  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 28
reddy.n is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Subclass 176 obligations

Originally Posted by set View Post
My wife got a 176 visa sposored by Victoria and according to its obligations we MUST remain in Victoria at least 2 years.
It's a Mandatory Requirement to both Stay and Work in Sponsored State for first 2 Years. It's only based on your commitment that State has Sponsored your Application. This applies for Primary Applicant, and I personally think that all these apply to Secondary Applicant also. If you are unsuccessful to secure a Job in the Sponsored State, it's advised to talk to the State Migration Department before moving out of state.
reddy.n is offline  
Old Mar 9th 2010, 5:45 am
  #3  
set
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 9
set is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Subclass 176 obligations

Thank you reddy.n!
I guess we CANNOT move out before making an effort in Victoria(. I wrote them and here is an answer:

We cannot speculate on what circumstances may occur to migrants once they arrive and whether we would approve their requests to move interstate. We take each applicants situation on a case by case basis and assess the circumstances at the time.

We provide detailed information on employment, free employment seminars and links to migrant welfare centres, therefore migrants have various options open to them to assist them to settle and find work in Victoria when they arrive.


In other words, only after effort .... And I think they will make you visit them personaly to assess all circumstances)))
set is offline  
Old Mar 9th 2010, 6:11 am
  #4  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Poland
Posts: 25
poland_boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Subclass 176 obligations

Hello Set,

I think your wife (you) got the visa via Victoria state sponcership? if yes, did you have to show proff of your assets or any financial requirements such as bank balance before you move here?

I mean, did immigration dept asked you any proff to make sure you have sufficent money to look after you?

I heard state have made that role mandotory but not sure about VICTORIA and please let me know

Thanks
poland_boy is offline  
Old Mar 9th 2010, 6:21 am
  #5  
set
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 9
set is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Subclass 176 obligations

Hi poland_boy,
Actually we completed a sponsorship form ONLY where (if my memory serves me right) my wife agreed with the state's requirements. In particularly, she confirmed that we have enough money for settlement and first needs. The state didn't ask any proof and we didn't specify how much money we are going to take.
set is offline  
Old Mar 9th 2010, 10:05 am
  #6  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Poland
Posts: 25
poland_boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Subclass 176 obligations

Hi set,

Thanks for your reply but its not quite clear to me.

Will immigration dept ask you to provide proof of settlment money? any idea? I am clearn when it comes to victoria state sponsership which I need to apply online and its free of cost.

But usually state sponcership requires some sort of money to be shown and did you have to do any of that?

can you please tell me if so ?

Rgds
Poli
poland_boy is offline  
Old Mar 9th 2010, 10:21 am
  #7  
set
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 9
set is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Subclass 176 obligations

Hmm... May be they changed something, but as I mantioned before, you DON NOT need to provide any proof of your financial capability neither for 176 nor for Victoria Sponsorship. I mean that they believe your words and don not require any documents. Otherwise, I think, they will tell you of aditional requirements when you're completing immigration forms.
I hope it will help you to clear up misunderstandings.
Best wishes for the future.
set is offline  
Old Mar 9th 2010, 12:03 pm
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 171
coldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nice
Default Re: Subclass 176 obligations

Originally Posted by set View Post
Hi,
My wife got a 176 visa sposored by Victoria and according to its obligations we MUST remain in Victoria at least 2 years. But I got a job offer in Sydney and don't know how to solve this difficulty.Reading the forum, I found that we can move interstate even before 2 years, but only after making a genuine effort to live by our promises. Could anybody give me a piece of advice how it will affect our visas and australian citizenship? Is anybody who moved interstate with 176 before 2 years?

And we didn't make an initial entry yet(((
When you apply for State Sponsorship you commit to live + work in that state for 2 years. This is a moral obligation and indicates your intention to live in the state at the time you undertake it.

If your circumstances change nothingcan stop you from living in another state and there is no legal process to revoke your visa if you do so. I would say it is good manners to inform your sponsoring state if this happens.

I don't endorse or approve at all the practise of just applying for sponsorship to speed up your visa app although lots of people do so. I hope the rules are changed to prevent this from happening in the future and wonder if they're looking at this in the new SMP.

Once again, there is no legal penalty that can be applied to you if you don't fulfil your 2 year obligation.
coldbeer is offline  
Old Mar 9th 2010, 1:41 pm
  #9  
set
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 9
set is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Subclass 176 obligations

Thanks coldbeer!
However, I know that the australian government take into account "Character" when they give a citizenship. Could it affect my ability to get a citizenship in the future? Is anybody else who moved interstate before 2 years??

About the current law... I am sure too that the government will change the obligations of 176 visa to prevent applicants from jumping off. May be it was a reason why sponsored lost their priority in the current immigration system.
set is offline  
Old Mar 15th 2010, 11:22 pm
  #10  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 7
almostcash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Subclass 176 obligations

Originally Posted by set View Post
Thanks coldbeer!
However, I know that the australian government take into account "Character" when they give a citizenship. Could it affect my ability to get a citizenship in the future? Is anybody else who moved interstate before 2 years??

About the current law... I am sure too that the government will change the obligations of 176 visa to prevent applicants from jumping off. May be it was a reason why sponsored lost their priority in the current immigration system.
I would like to as you SET that wat reasons, for, settling, in, Victoria did u provide?? As i am planning to apply for sponsorship.
thanks in advance
almostcash is offline  
Old Mar 16th 2010, 11:24 am
  #11  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Jeddah
Posts: 224
aahmed is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Subclass 176 obligations

Dear all,

I have applied GSM 175 in March 2010 , MODL+CSL 2231-79(SAP Specialist).
With Current condition I score exactly 120 points and as per priority processing my application is
likly to be finalised with in 15 months( around June 2011)

I don't want as first option to apply for state Sponsership.
I want to keep all option open for working & living any state of australia.
I am OK with timeframe of processing.

Can any one suggest me.

1. When I will come to know DIAC accepted my score and agreed to proceed with my application.

2. Upto which stage of application processing DIAC will accept State sponsership if new guide line released or any exceptional situation due to my score reduced to less then 120 .

With regards
aahmed is offline  
Old Mar 16th 2010, 11:42 am
  #12  
set
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 9
set is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Subclass 176 obligations

almostcash I completed their form (honestly my wife did ) and attached my wife's IELTS certificate,EA certificate and CV ( I sent the CV 3 times due to they required more details). And (thanks god) in 7 day we got a sponsorship. People on the forum said that a state precesses an application at least 4 weeks, but in reality 7-10 days for Victoria only .

aahmed
1. To be successful you MUST obtain 120 points atleast. And you have done it.
2. When an applicant lodges an application , it's processed by the laws that in charge at the moment of the lodgement. It means they CANNOT reduce your points. And you can get a sponsorship and change 175 to 176 at any moment (except grant of course).

At last, don't worry you've done it before new rules!
set is offline  
Old Mar 16th 2010, 11:57 am
  #13  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Jeddah
Posts: 224
aahmed is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Subclass 176 obligations

Originally Posted by set View Post
almostcash I completed their form (honestly my wife did ) and attached my wife's IELTS certificate,EA certificate and CV ( I sent the CV 3 times due to they required more details). And (thanks god) in 7 day we got a sponsorship. People on the forum said that a state precesses an application at least 4 weeks, but in reality 7-10 days for Victoria only .

aahmed
1. To be successful you MUST obtain 120 points atleast. And you have done it.
2. When an applicant lodges an application , it's processed by the laws that in charge at the moment of the lodgement. It means they CANNOT reduce your points. And you can get a sponsorship and change 175 to 176 at any moment (except grant of course).

At last, don't worry you've done it before new rules!


Thnaks a ton Buddy.
aahmed is offline  
Old Mar 17th 2010, 10:53 am
  #14  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 44
anik2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Subclass 176 obligations

@ Set & others

Can u pls help How can I get Sponsorhip in South Australia?

I have Assessed as an Electronic Engineer , I think at the moment on SA fit to me.

can u pls tell How long it will take to get it? within 1-8 days or more?

Is that online?
anik2010 is offline  
Old Mar 17th 2010, 11:23 am
  #15  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Jeddah
Posts: 224
aahmed is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Subclass 176 obligations

Originally Posted by anik2010 View Post
@ Set & others

Can u pls help How can I get Sponsorhip in South Australia?

I have Assessed as an Electronic Engineer , I think at the moment on SA fit to me.

can u pls tell How long it will take to get it? within 1-8 days or more?

Is that online?
Hi,

You can get all information related to SA SS from following lisk

Adelaide South Australia - www.immigration.sa.gov.au.

I didn't applied for SS but from reading I guess it will take 7-25 WrkDay.

Gud Luck
aahmed is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.