Subclass 176, Non CSL, non MODL??

Old May 12th 2009, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice
Default Re: Subclass 176, Non CSL, non MODL??

Originally Posted by essex2sydney
My personal feeling is that, that is the worst case scenario. Things only really changed because of the down-turn, I reckon by next year things will be picking up again and it will change again.

I'm going to change over to a temporary spouse visa next year if there is no change. But for the moment all we can do is play the waiting game and see what happens.
How's everyone doing? Any news?
Old May 12th 2009, 11:03 am
Just Joined

KAYNLEE will become famous soon enough

Hiya,
Still no news here but looking at changing to state sponsered!!
Kay
Old May 12th 2009, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice

Originally Posted by KAYNLEE
Hiya,
Kay
Sounds like a good idea but reading other's people stories!!
Old May 12th 2009, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Mandi-C will become famous soon enoughMandi-C will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by essex2sydney
How's everyone doing? Any news?
Think I'm losing the will..... After quickly reading all the stuuf thats come out today, I'm still not sure where we stand. They mention family stream quota for 2009/10, but whats the quota for now? Have they reached it yet or do some of us still stand a chance before July??

Slighlty depressed,
Mandi
xx

Last edited by Mandi-C; May 12th 2009 at 5:52 pm. Reason: pressed the wrong key!
Old May 12th 2009, 6:14 pm

Perthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mandi-C
Think I'm losing the will..... After quickly reading all the stuuf thats come out today, I'm still not sure where we stand. They mention family stream quota for 2009/10, but whats the quota for now? Have they reached it yet or do some of us still stand a chance before July??

Slighlty depressed,
Mandi
xx

I'm not sure either Mandi I've read it and re-read it and tried to read between the lines aswell - but can't!

I can't help but feel sceptical - that DIAC are just going to continue in the same vain as they're doing now, ie. Sponsored visa's (but including employer aswell as state) and CSL'ers, then us MODL'ers. (if we're lucky). Maybe we will know more after 1st July ????

Any more thoughts anyone??

P
Old May 13th 2009, 11:30 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandi-C

Slighlty depressed,
Mandi
xx
Hi Mandi, Unless I've got it wrong (and someone please step in and put me right if I have), the family stream relates to applications such as remaining relative, etc; 176 family sponsored falls within the skilled stream.

My take on the recent announcements is the situation is not being drastically changed. They are however placing more emphasis on state sponsored applicants. If you can switch over to that category then it'll be your best bet.

I hope it works out well for you in the end.
Old May 13th 2009, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

mango4 will become famous soon enough

Hi Mandi,

I don't know about you losing the will, I have definately lost it

I am the lowest of the low ( and that is not just my mood), non modl and non csl just plain old family sponsored 886 - onshore.

The way I see it is the only hope we have is if all CSL applicants apply for ss to jump the queue then as these are uncapped there may be some visas allocated to the others. The Minister sees 50% coming from ss and employer sponsored in 2009/2010 so therefore, if all CSL ers apply for ss as they are probably in demand everywhere then that MAY allow them to start looking at others. I'm trying to be positive there is just way too much negativity!! but I certainly won't hold my breath.

I just wish they would put some sort of timescale on it, it is pretty unfair for those of us who applied before the announcements in December, but heh ho, thats life - we knew the risks so they say...

Good luck everyone
x
Old May 13th 2009, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Mandi-C will become famous soon enoughMandi-C will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by paulry
Hi Mandi, Unless I've got it wrong (and someone please step in and put me right if I have), the family stream relates to applications such as remaining relative, etc; 176 family sponsored falls within the skilled stream.

My take on the recent announcements is the situation is not being drastically changed. They are however placing more emphasis on state sponsored applicants. If you can switch over to that category then it'll be your best bet.

I hope it works out well for you in the end.
Think you're right, just wishful thinking in my part.
Unfortunately, we can't change to state sponsored, not on the list - married the wrong man!!!!!
Well they say patience is a virtue - we'll all go to heaven after this.
It would be just lovely to hear of some movement.

Good luck to all
xx
Old May 13th 2009, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

robby_dog is a jewel in the roughrobby_dog is a jewel in the roughrobby_dog is a jewel in the roughrobby_dog is a jewel in the rough

Hi people

As an ex-civil servant myself I see all the hallmarks of government ambiguity in the recent release.

Some things are relatively clear: another cut in the number of GSM visas for 09/10, and the attempt to shift the independent migrants to employer- or state-sponsored. The CSL only becomes relevant for independent applicants.

But where do the relative-sponsored folk stand? There is no mention of our pathway in the fact sheet.

I had a relatively sympathetic email from my case officer a while back saying he'd try and get round to finalising our app as soon as the restriction was lifted (which I am blindly optimistically reading as July), but I will doubtless contact him again to see where we stand following the budget.

The annoying thing is I was really hoping to at least have a bit of clarity from the budget, but with no mention of relative-sponsored visas we're all still in the dark to a large extent!

Keep the faith (I need to: no state sponsorship for my occupation, and most of my prospective employers are public sector requiring a visa to start with)

Rob
Old May 14th 2009, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

fsm1612 is an unknown quantity at this point

My first reaction after seeing this thread is -- OMG !!

I am planning to apply for 175 subclass, Non CSL non MODL by this month end ! But there are posts saying we might not get the visa for 3 years .. thats sank my heart .. I knew we had to wait, but that long !

If it due to recession, it might clear up by next year, so why 3 years .. Please throw light on this .. !
Old May 16th 2009, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

robby_dog is a jewel in the roughrobby_dog is a jewel in the roughrobby_dog is a jewel in the roughrobby_dog is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone

Another pointless update for academic information. I've had a reply from Chris Evans, Minister for Immigration... or rather, one of his minions: Greg Kelly - State Director for South Australia (presumably because my hapless application is now gathering dust at ASPC).

It is a personalised reply in the sense that facts about my application are being fed back to me (which I already know, but at least it shows it's not a standard letter - my pet hate!), with quasi-apologies, yet another summary of the changes implemented and the reasons, and then the less than helpful suggestion to look into state or employer sponsorship as an alternative.

So nothing new, but at least it demonstrates government acknowledgement that people are adversely affected. I recommend others who've been scuppered by these changes late in the process also contact Chris Evans to ensure the message is made really clear.

Until the next dismal instalment...!

Rob
Old May 18th 2009, 6:55 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KAYNLEE
Hiya,
Kay
Have a look at this - might be useful to know before you do as it's very subjective. What happens if a state sponsorship is unsuccessful? Can you go back to family sponsorship or do you lose your place?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=609437

Last edited by sonlymewalter; May 18th 2009 at 7:28 pm.
Old May 20th 2009, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Have a look at this - might be useful to know before you do as it's very subjective. What happens if a state sponsorship is unsuccessful? Can you go back to family sponsorship or do you lose your place?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=609437
What's the latest update - i've given up following it!
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all

I've read on another thread that Oz has escaped the recession - does this mean anything to us lot? Us who have spent a fortune and are just waiting!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

mra_32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any news for Non CSL,non Modl Applicant?? or should we wait for infinite time???.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.