British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Subclass 136 February application ! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/subclass-136-february-application-239692/)

chrisp6 Jul 1st 2004 9:45 pm

Subclass 136 February application !

Has anyone had there medicals requested yet who applied around this time ?

Prince1975 Jul 2nd 2004 1:26 am

Re: Subclass 136 February application !

Originally posted by chrisp6

Hi Chrisp6,

We r also in the same boat. Not heard from DIMIA even though i got STNI approved by May. When I emailed to DIMIA stating this, they advise me to wait as a CO would be in touch with me shortly, but still no news.......

Waiting, waiting and Waiting is the only solution.....

thebarkers Jul 2nd 2004 9:42 am

we applied 8th jan and NOTHING yet

we front loaded ours so we probably wont get meds request through???!!

but we are touching the 6 month mark which i think is about the time they ask for them

fingers crossed
as we move out of our house in 3 weeks into m-i-l's

also 136

no bond or anything to send and hopefuly off to perth !!

CK2B Jul 2nd 2004 1:23 pm

Originally posted by thebarkers
we applied 8th jan and NOTHING yet

we front loaded ours so we probably wont get meds request through???!!

but we are touching the 6 month mark which i think is about the time they ask for them

fingers crossed
as we move out of our house in 3 weeks into m-i-l's

also 136

no bond or anything to send and hopefuly off to perth !!
We too are Feb applicants - judging by others timeframes don't expect to get meds & police checks requests any earlier then September.

Nige37 Jul 2nd 2004 8:46 pm

We also applied February 04. Front Loaded and our agent was convinced that we would hear by the end of June. NO SUCH LUCK

She contacted them mid June and was advised that we did not yet have a CO. Advised here to contact them again mid July as they expected it to be allocated by then.

The waiting seems endless. House goes on the market on Monday. If we sell too soon then its in with the M I L. OH NO!!!!!!

Helen

Paul & Shar Jul 3rd 2004 2:41 pm

Hi
We are early JAN 2004 apps and have heard nothing yet.

Although going on others timelines I would expect something by end July, beg August.
So not long now I hope.

I'll definately post when meds are requested, as I like it when others to do as it keeps you going and you feel things are getting closer, even if only a little!

Hope we all start hearing soon

Shar

chrisp6 Jul 3rd 2004 6:50 pm

Originally posted by Nige37
We also applied February 04. Front Loaded and our agent was convinced that we would hear by the end of June. NO SUCH LUCK

She contacted them mid June and was advised that we did not yet have a CO. Advised here to contact them again mid July as they expected it to be allocated by then.

The waiting seems endless. House goes on the market on Monday. If we sell too soon then its in with the M I L. OH NO!!!!!!

Helen
Could someone tell me what is CO ?

sj oldfield Jul 3rd 2004 7:16 pm

Could someone tell me what is CO ?

Case Officer

Prince1975 Jul 6th 2004 1:52 am

Originally posted by sj oldfield
Case Officer

resend....
Anybody applied FEB 04 received medical request pleaseeeee.......

lindseyden Jul 6th 2004 6:34 am

Originally posted by Prince1975
resend....
Anybody applied FEB 04 received medical request pleaseeeee.......
We applied Nov 2003 and still have not heard anything, so be patient.LOL easier said that done I know.

Lindsey

Prince1975 Jul 6th 2004 7:59 am

Originally posted by lindseyden
We applied Nov 2003 and still have not heard anything, so be patient.LOL easier said that done I know.

Lindsey

Lindsey,

Heard from here that Nov03 already taken for processing. Pls check this ASAP, beacause even Jan04 applicants got medical requests.

reni10 Jul 6th 2004 8:07 am

Lindsey,

Heard from here that Nov03 already taken for processing. Pls check this ASAP, beacause even Jan04 applicants got medical requests.
I frontloaded my application in Jan 2004 and have not heard anything yet.

136 Skilled Independent.

I have not seen anyone else that has applied for a 136 in Jan 2004 being either granted or have PCC or Medical checks requested.

Prince1975 Jul 6th 2004 8:23 am

Originally posted by reni10
I frontloaded my application in Jan 2004 and have not heard anything yet.

136 Skilled Independent.

I have not seen anyone else that has applied for a 136 in Jan 2004 being either granted or have PCC or Medical checks requested.

Reni,
You may get your grant letter directly

kirkr99 Jul 6th 2004 8:52 am

Hi Chrisp6,

My wife & I applied 31st of Jan 2004 & have not heard anything yet, other than our acknowledgement etc.
As she is a hairdresser I was hoping we would heard something by now due to the recent announcement regarding the priority processing of all MODL occupations. However no such luck as yet!

cheers

Robert

CK2B Jul 6th 2004 12:19 pm

Hi Prince,

I know it's not easy but I think you need to exercise a little more patience and certainly advising Lindsey to panic about her Nov application is not good. At the start you are told the entire process will take approx 50 weeks so anything less is a bonus! Each application is different and I'm sure in some cases it's luck of the draw what CO you get but there are still plenty of late 2003 applicants waiting.

little miss c Jul 6th 2004 12:37 pm

Originally posted by CK2B
Hi Prince,

I know it's not easy but I think you need to exercise a little more patience and certainly advising Lindsey to panic about her Nov application is not good. At the start you are told the entire process will take approx 50 weeks so anything less is a bonus! Each application is different and I'm sure in some cases it's luck of the draw what CO you get but there are still plenty of late 2003 applicants waiting.
I agree! We're May 2003 and still waiting for visa. Meds were requested first week in Feb 04. Now have been allocated our 3rd case officer, so I hope this one is lucky!!!!

lindseyden Jul 6th 2004 3:02 pm

I did not panic (Idid not worry( (liar) but I have been rewarded for my patience.

IT'S HERE....... this morning my lovely postman delivered a yellow envelpoe and the rest they say is history.

Don't worry everything will be fine.

http://www.austimeline.com/austime/a...pp.jsp?id=1396

Lindsey

Nige37 Jul 6th 2004 3:10 pm

Your patience paid off. Congratulations now the real work begins.

Where r u going and when.

Helen

lindseyden Jul 6th 2004 3:30 pm

Originally posted by Nige37
Your patience paid off. Congratulations now the real work begins.

Where r u going and when.

Helen
Mandurah WA hopefully early November.........can't wait

Lindsey

CK2B Jul 6th 2004 4:16 pm

Originally posted by lindseyden
Mandurah WA hopefully early November.........can't wait

Lindsey
There you see, patience is a virtue!! So glad your wait is finally over and best of luck with the rest of your move.

CK

Prince1975 Jul 7th 2004 5:44 am

Originally posted by CK2B
There you see, patience is a virtue!! So glad your wait is finally over and best of luck with the rest of your move.

CK
hi CK2B,

I didn't advised Lindseyden anything like that to get panic. I only ask her to be cautious since they have started the processing of Jan/Feb applications....

And moreover mine is 136 visa which require only 4 to 6 months. Hope you understand.

badri Jul 7th 2004 7:00 am

hi CK2B,

I didn't advised Lindseyden anything like that to get panic. I only ask her to be cautious since they have started the processing of Jan/Feb applications....

And moreover mine is 136 visa which require only 4 to 6 months. Hope you understand.
Yup,

It just that you wanna help others sometimes even a small input can stir worries. eventhough you meant good.

Anyway she got the Visa congrats Linseyden.

I saw in the austimeline that January people are slowly getting there meds requested so it wil be soon. I have to still wait for couple of months April applications.

Did anyone hear anything about the July 1 objectinves of DIMIA like acknowledging and requestings meds within a short time. There were lots of discussion on this and then its a just went silent. I am quite curious about it....

Cheers

johnkay Jul 7th 2004 5:57 pm

We applied February Skilled Ind. Confirmation of receipt came, and don't expect to hear until Sept/Oct based on all the info on this and timeline site.
Decided to organise meds in advance, so that can send them immeduatly requested.
Booked them today, for end of August.
All we can do is hope and wait!

Goldend Dreamer Jul 7th 2004 6:22 pm

Originally posted by johnkay
We applied February Skilled Ind. Confirmation of receipt came, and don't expect to hear until Sept/Oct based on all the info on this and timeline site.
Decided to organise meds in advance, so that can send them immeduatly requested.
Booked them today, for end of August.
All we can do is hope and wait!

We have friends who are skilled 136 - they received acknowledgment that their visa application was lodged at DIMIA on 15/12/03 and they haven't heard anything yet either.

We are 138 skilled sponsored lodged 22/03/04 & don't except to hear anything at all until mid October - anything earlier shall certainly be a bonus!

Patience is virtue.

Golden Dreamer

rarejunk_in Jul 7th 2004 6:50 pm

Received acknowledgement for skilled independent , dated 5th of Jan 2004, but yet to hear anything on the meds.

Cheers,
RJ

Originally posted by Goldend Dreamer
We have friends who are skilled 136 - they received acknowledgment that their visa application was lodged at DIMIA on 15/12/03 and they haven't heard anything yet either.

We are 138 skilled sponsored lodged 22/03/04 & don't except to hear anything at all until mid October - anything earlier shall certainly be a bonus!

Patience is virtue.

Golden Dreamer

amendoza Jul 8th 2004 10:33 am

Patience...lots of it...is indeed what we all need. Hoping DIMIA's hands speed up fast than expected. Of course, that's a big wish!!!!

We're March applicants and can't wait to see the line moving.
Good luck to all!

Cheers,

Hannah

Atticus Jul 8th 2004 10:40 am

Hi

I would definitely say expect the unexpected and like some of you have said anything less than 50 weeks is a bonus in our situation we totally got the unexpected!!

submitted skilled indep 136 early April 2004 received 9/4/04 acknowledged in May request for meds in June.

Meds have been sent off still waiting on poxy police reports!!

Cannot believe the timeline!!

So good luck to everyone

chrisp6 Jul 8th 2004 8:52 pm

Where do I find the information where to have the medicals done ?

Originally posted by Atticus
Hi

I would definitely say expect the unexpected and like some of you have said anything less than 50 weeks is a bonus in our situation we totally got the unexpected!!

submitted skilled indep 136 early April 2004 received 9/4/04 acknowledged in May request for meds in June.

So good luck to everyone

Prince1975 Jul 10th 2004 4:56 am

Where do I find the information where to have the medicals done ?
HI Chris,

Visit the below site for the details of approved panel doctors
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/doctors/index.htm

Best of luck!!!

amendoza Jul 10th 2004 8:38 am

Hi

So good luck to everyone
Hi Atticus! You're one lucky fella! We're one of those who would wish to be on your shoe. We're currently in Riyadh and as we all know the situation is so volatile. We did what we have to do - meds and police clearance done unrequested. Otherwise, we might not get them done if any harsh sparks of event would happen here. If so, we might need to evacuate at once. Things can be that complicated. So far, we're safe and hoping and praying to leave soon for Oz.

So all the best to the rest as well.

Cheers,
Hannah

badri Jul 10th 2004 5:22 pm

Hi

So good luck to everyone
Hi Atticus,
You wrote that you have applied for skilled independent during the early april 2004 right...:)

Then your are one lucky person who got the meds req in may.. I am happy for you at the same time wondering how come you got it early...:)

Cheers

chrisp6 Sep 20th 2004 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by Paul & Shar
Hi
We are early JAN 2004 apps and have heard nothing yet.

Although going on others timelines I would expect something by end July, beg August.
So not long now I hope.

I'll definately post when meds are requested, as I like it when others to do as it keeps you going and you feel things are getting closer, even if only a little!

Hope we all start hearing soon

Shar

Have you had your medicals requested yet ?
I am still waiting (Feb application)
Chris

alamo Sep 20th 2004 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by chrisp6
Have you had your medicals requested yet ?
I am still waiting (Feb application)
Chris

We applied for 136 1st week in Jan 04, not had med request yet. Dont know if med request will come or whether they just pass it on down the line.

HPOP Sep 21st 2004 5:29 am

I applied for 136 in late February, received ack. in March.
No med request yet. But my agent told me it is about time to come.

Prince1975 Sep 22nd 2004 6:11 am

Originally Posted by HPOP
I applied for 136 in late February, received ack. in March.
No med request yet. But my agent told me it is about time to come.

All the Feb STNI/MODL got the med request long back itself.