Wikiposts

Stupid Question

Old Jun 10th 2003, 6:29 am
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough
Default Stupid Question

Applying in the next couple of weeks for a PR visa skilled sponsored, booked today three week holiday in Brisbane leaving 28th December, just had a awful thought that it might affect the PR visa, i.e. you are not meant to be applying for one type of visa when you are applying for another!!!

Tell me its not true and I am becoming totally irrational due to stress, tell me you can go on holiday to Oz while you are applying to Oz!! Otherwise its £2500 down the drain!! Got a good deal actually flying with Singapore Airlines and the 2nd child goes free!!! its only on for the next 18 days and seats are being booked up quick but if you were thinking of going around Christmas time give them a ring.

Any replys to this stupid posting would be appreciated.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Hans de Visser is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure you're allowed to enter and leave Oz (provided you have a valid (tourist) visa) while a (permanent) visa application is being processed. Near the end of December you'll have to let DIMIA know you'll be in Oz for three weeks. Who knows, if ASPC keeps up the pace, that trip in December might be to validate your visa
Old Jun 10th 2003, 8:18 am
earlswood

I'm no expert either but have recently got back from Brisie,

The only time you shouldn't be in OZ when applying is when it's at the end i.e time to give you the Visa.

On a normal holiday ETA you can stay for up to three months at atime in a year.

Earlswood

Old Jun 10th 2003, 9:01 am
Adelaide bound

fishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nice

I spoke to our agent before we went on holiday in march and they said it fine to go but a desision can not be made on your application while you are in the country so before you go contact ASPC to see what point your application is at.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 11:53 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Question

Originally posted by leanda
Applying in the next couple of weeks for a PR visa skilled sponsored, booked today three week holiday in Brisbane leaving 28th December, just had a awful thought that it might affect the PR visa, i.e. you are not meant to be applying for one type of visa when you are applying for another!!!
<snip>
Any replys to this stupid posting would be appreciated.

Leanda,

As the replies to your post seem to suggest:

1. As you applied for an offshore skilled permanent visa, a decision to grant you that visa cannot be made if you are in Australia at the moment.

2. You'll need to leave Australia when it's time to grant your visa, if you're still in Australia at that time.

3. Applying for, and having your ETA approved while a decision on your PR visa is pending does not invalidate your PR visa application. You would be wise to inform ASPC of your trip - by dropping ASPC a Form 1022 (Change of Circumstances) form duly filled up with your newest arrival and departure dates as well as stating that you're on an ETA for a holiday. An email to them to ensure that they get the message will also not be resented by them.

HTH

Peter
Old Jun 10th 2003, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Peter Tomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No stupid question

Leanda,

as you know dates when you'll visit Aussie in December, you can write that in cover letter to your PR application, and ETA number (if known). This will save you hassle in December.

Peter Tomo
Old Jun 10th 2003, 8:54 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough
Default Re: No stupid question

Originally posted by Peter Tomo
Leanda,

as you know dates when you'll visit Aussie in December, you can write that in cover letter to your PR application, and ETA number (if known). This will save you hassle in December.

Peter Tomo

Thanks for all the replys, I will make sure we put the info down when we send off our pr application, thanks again for all the help.