Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Study Bachelor of Accounting in Adelaide, Is it too late?

Study Bachelor of Accounting in Adelaide, Is it too late?

Old Oct 28th 2010, 5:45 am
dkc
Just Joined

dkc is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Study Bachelor of Accounting in Adelaide, Is it too late?

I just talked with immigration agents. They suggested me to enroll in a Bachelor of Accountancy studying in Adelaide for 2 years.

I actually have my Master degree from Australia completed in 2005 (1.5 yr study?). My current age is 29 so I would be 31 by the time I complete the course.

This means I will have both Bachelor/Master from Australia plus points from living in Adelaide for 2 years.

However, my 5 years work experience is not in Accounting. I heard that I need at least 3 Years work experience as an accountant? The agent said that I will be fine as long as I have my IELTS 7+ before lodging an application. Is this true??? I read the state nomination from South Australia. It is stated that they will only sponsor migrants who nominate themselves as accountants with IELTS 7.0 and 3 Years work experience. Any could confirm if I must have 3 years accountancy experience or not? So that means I can only apply for 885, not 886 if I don't have 3 years experience?

I read news a few months ago saying that Australia is about to stipulate a law which caps the amount of PR granted each year. It's very likely that I will be affected by this law if I proceed enrolling in the course.

Any answer will be greatly appreciated.