Wikiposts

Student Visa + Spouse Question...

Old Sep 9th 2004, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

osx_lover is a jewel in the roughosx_lover is a jewel in the roughosx_lover is a jewel in the roughosx_lover is a jewel in the rough
Default Student Visa + Spouse Question...

i want to apply for a student visa to study in Australia and now i found the question "do you have any close relatives (sisters, brothers, spouses etc) in Australia" on application form. And to be hones: yes my spouse is an Australian citizen who lives in Australia.

Is it likely that my student visa will be denied because of that? Or would they just give me a "no further stay" condition on my visa? As I asked the DIMIA for more information they basically said I should just apply and see what happens.

Does anyone have already some experience with the student visa application + spouse in Australia issue?

Thx,
cheers
L.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 2:32 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Student Visa + Spouse Question...

Originally Posted by osx_lover
i want to apply for a student visa to study in Australia and now i found the question "do you have any close relatives (sisters, brothers, spouses etc) in Australia" on application form. And to be hones: yes my spouse is an Australian citizen who lives in Australia.

Is it likely that my student visa will be denied because of that? Or would they just give me a "no further stay" condition on my visa? As I asked the DIMIA for more information they basically said I should just apply and see what happens.

Does anyone have already some experience with the student visa application + spouse in Australia issue?

Thx,
cheers
L.
Hi

Are you in the UK? If you're spouse is in Australia how were you planning on being together? Could you just not apply for a spouse visa? I'm pretty certain you can study on those - I'm sure someone on here will be able to confirm that for you.
I have heard on here of a lot of students that have then wanted to turn their visas into PR and have had problems. Probably best to be straight on exactly what it is you're after. If you're just wanting to study in OZ because of your spouse, then I would suggest looking into a spouse visa. If you get confused it might be wise to contact an agent for help.

Cheers
Old Sep 9th 2004, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

osx_lover is a jewel in the roughosx_lover is a jewel in the roughosx_lover is a jewel in the roughosx_lover is a jewel in the rough

thanks for your fast reply. No I am not in the UK. I'm currently in Australia and have been together with my spouse for several months - we've now moved in together two months ago . As we haven't lived together for 12 months yet, we can't apply for the defacto spouse visa. The student visa would be a way for us to continue living together here in Australia and apply for a spouse visa afterwards + for me to have a bit of a career change. My WHM visa expires very soon, so I'm leaving Australia and have to apply for a different visa to get back to my spouse again.

If I don't get the student visa granted it just makes everything a little bit more difficult and we have to look for other ways staying together - in Australia or somewhere else. It's just difficult for us to go to Europa as my partner has a 4yr old son from a previous relationship, who is living with his ex and he hasn't got custody of...

cheers

L.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 3:24 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

You should get some professional advice. Give IARC a call - http://www.iarc.asn.au

There are a few options you may have but they're not really where an online forum can add value.

Jeremy

Originally Posted by osx_lover
thanks for your fast reply. No I am not in the UK. I'm currently in Australia and have been together with my spouse for several months - we've now moved in together two months ago . As we haven't lived together for 12 months yet, we can't apply for the defacto spouse visa. The student visa would be a way for us to continue living together here in Australia and apply for a spouse visa afterwards + for me to have a bit of a career change. My WHM visa expires very soon, so I'm leaving Australia and have to apply for a different visa to get back to my spouse again.

If I don't get the student visa granted it just makes everything a little bit more difficult and we have to look for other ways staying together - in Australia or somewhere else. It's just difficult for us to go to Europa as my partner has a 4yr old son from a previous relationship, who is living with his ex and he hasn't got custody of...

cheers

L.