Student Visa to PR Perth Australia

Old Sep 22nd 2022, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

LouM23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Student Visa to PR Perth Australia

Student Visa to PR Perth Australia

Hi am wondering if anyone can offer any advice or info.

Myself and husband and two children are wanting to relocate to Perth Australia, are not on the skills list and so considering the following route, any info or experience on this route would be greatly helpful.

My husband is going to retrain to new job role being in Carpentry, completing 2 year course of Certificate III in carpentry

then apply for 485 temp work visa

then work for 18 months as Carpenter whilst taking part in “The Job ready program “ and at the end of the 18 months take a skills assessment, once passed skills assessment then apply for 190/491

Has anyone on here took this route or just anyone able to tell me if it’s doable and if I have have the process/timings correct?

Many thanks
Old Sep 23rd 2022, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

okonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Student Visa to PR Perth Australia

Doable I think. Obviously you'll need lots of savings to fund living costs while studying, and there's no guarantees of PR at the end (may fail medicals etc)
Old Sep 23rd 2022, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Student Visa to PR Perth Australia

Be aware this is not a guarantee path. For example, if carpenter is removed from the skills list, then what? The skills list is changed every year minimum.

Seek professional advice.